I didn't have this kind of experience in an exchange, but obviously, this is the scary part of it. That one day, when you try to withdraw, but then everything goes south and the exchange suddenly hold your crypto for a long time. It's good that in you case, you were able to withdraw it, but what if not?
I have had some people in this situation before, and that was when Binance and OKX(they are back recently) left my country. Some people refused to withdraw their money, I don't know why they didn't, but OKX asked them for additional information before they could withdraw, but Binance allowed them. Even now, if Binance doesn't want you on their exchange, they ask you to withdraw all your funds and the account will be closed. I don't know for when they suspect you of something, Kucoin ask for documents too, sometimes proof of fund.
Mexc is the only exceptional exchange that is a scammer. They will hold your funds and won't let you withdraw even if you are a trader. You have to drag them on X before you will get that money. All these stress for what.
That's why there is an event, if my memory serves me right, to withdraw all our assets from an exchange every January of a year, and it's called Proof-of-Keys. And that is to promote self-custody and not rely on exchanges to hold our cryptos.
If people would listen, I hope you know that some people prefer centralized exchanges over their self custody because why not, email verification and you will get access to your funds. Now, all these fantasy looks cool until experience show them that centralized exchanges are the least place to keep coins. It's been long we experience exchange hack and bankrupcy, perhaps it's one of the reason some people has not learn the hard way.