Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: a world witout money not even bitcoin  (Read 1776 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

Ayn Rand?

c'mon

Care to elaborate?
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:52:31 PM

Money is nothing but an exchange medium. Its us that are making it evil. We are running for money all our life rather than enjoying it. Its become a human mature to do this. And if we don't change will be go on damaging our lives and everthing thing else, for just a trading medium

not true.  rich people aren't happy.  look at that happy couple who r*ped their own daughter.  what a pest

i'm not Mitt, but close.  and i'd rather not post the guy that just dodged jail because his daughter is a little snaddily poo  Cry

i am here.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:55:15 PM

You get payed in a sort of good that you'll trade for something else, it would be more or less the same thing
Caelan

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:31:21 AM

Gonna be boring everyday.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:14:24 AM

BS. We will not be able to function properly without some sort of money.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:07:56 PM

What makes you think that?
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:57:24 PM

because someone gave me 2600BTC for free in 2009 means it's my obligation to share them  

i will put them in an unlimited credit card account (brainwallet 21121)

we will be the Priests of Syprinx together!!

i am here.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:36:04 PM

that's communism, the one who started such a project would probably get some "freedom" from the US and it's minions Cheesy

lynn_402

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:06:45 PM

that's communism, the one who started such a project would probably get some "freedom" from the US and it's minions Cheesy

Thankfully, there are less and less nation willing to go down that route.
Even Communism uses money. When the USSR was founded, they printed an insane amount of money, which made poor all of the population, even those that used to belong to the bourgeoisi and were quite rich. That's how they could control them so easily.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:08:49 PM

If we didn't had money to trade, we would have used something less easier. For example KG's of salt, or breads etc.

There's no world where people all do things for eachother without a return. In the end, everyone has to eat.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:09:31 PM

Because even barter is some sort of money. And no one can become 100% self sufficient.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:12:28 PM

Because even barter is some sort of money. And no one can become 100% self sufficient.

Agree, I share that vision that allmost no one can become self sufficient. I think there are some people which really are. They live in jungles, and eat by collecting foods and hunting.

But then the question, do you want to live like that? I like the more luxiour life, allthough this means that  yes, we've to work to get salary = cash = money to pay for things.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:12:52 PM

You are right, I am very wealthy thanks to bitcoin

But yes I think a world without money would be interesting but we have to rely on each other and work together in harmony no religion no politics

lynn_402

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:15:00 PM

You are right, I am very wealthy thanks to bitcoin

But yes I think a world without money would be interesting but we have to rely on each other and work together in harmony no religion no politics

Money does not imply not living in harmony. In fact, the history of human nature taught us that in absense of money and fair bartering, the most used alternative is violence.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:32:21 PM

May be possible theoretically. But definitely not practical.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:53:41 PM

Is hard to imagine a world without money since from 12,000 B.C people are using it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

The Native Americans did not believe in ownership of land or natural resources.  If only this philosophy could work around the world, it would make for a much better place.  Human greed rules though, cant fight that fact. 

Ibrahim@IBB

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:27:54 PM

Money is not the point of life- but the trick is, if you can convince people that it is, you can make yourself rich in the process.

I always think we the story of the Israelites escaping Egypt is so important in the world's religions- and why are religions from the Mid East so dominant? Why didn't west african religion or religion from the south pacific spread over the whole world? The fertile river valleys of the middle east are probably where people migrating out of Africa landed and it's where civilization has been the longest as far as we know.

The Egyptians were really wealthy and had a hierarchical society- the closer to the Pharoah you were, the more power you got. Power is the freedom to do what you want, and property confers power. This is the problem in the liberal paradigm of liberty- liberty is a zero sum game- some people increase their liberty at the expense of others.

The reason people want money is to satisfy their desires, but the more you feed the desires, the bigger they get, like feeding a fire. If you drive a fast car it is fun for a while, but soon you want a faster car. If you are doing cocaine, you just want more and more. If you have a hot woman, you want a hotter one.

That's why the spiritual teachers have taught that the key to happiness is not money, but appreciation. If we focus on being grateful for what we have and making the best of it, we will be happy. A good way to be grateful is to remember that we didn't create any of what we have, and to remember where all of what we have, body, health, air, water, food, family, where it came from.

The American revolution was essentially about property- the feudal system was that God owns everything, and the Pope or Cardinal says that the King is the King because God says so, and then everyone just leases their property from the King. The American revolution said that anybody can own stuff- this was also the same basic message of Islam. So probably these ideas worked their way up into Europe, resulting in the Enlightenment and then the American revolution. But people are missing the message that property is not the purpose of life- the purpose of life is to remember where we came from, and to use our property not just for unlimited personal gratification, but to use for to do good. Property is just a means to live and an opportunity- what we give we take with us when we die, and what we keep for ourselves we leave behind.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

Is hard to imagine a world without money since from 12,000 B.C people are using it.

one word, communism

altough even communists didn't have what it takes to finally pull it off..

I'm actually pretty sad they didn't, because that was the only thing that might have been successful in their plan as I see it Cheesy

Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

Imagine all the inventions that have come forward and made your life easier because of people that wanted to make money
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: