Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook as a bank with a crypto currency  (Read 417 times)
varChar (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:44:04 AM

Heard from news that it will be possible to deposit money into FB and change to a crypto currency.
Will they get their own crypto currency or do you think that they will adopt btc?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:48:25 AM

Heard from news that it will be possible to deposit money into FB and change to a crypto currency.
Will they get their own crypto currency or do you think that they will adopt btc?

Not too sure where you're getting your news from. Would you mind linking me to the article? I'm highly doubtful they'd let you deposit fiat for BTC considering they'd need to pass quite a few checks and regulation to act as exchange of sorts. I don't think they'd really do either TBH - I doubt they'd integrate BTC unless it became huge.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:54:32 AM

i think he means this:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/14/facebook-e-money-transfer-service-europe

but i dont think facebook intend to use a crypto as their ledger. i think it will just be using facebook credits database, with multi FIAT currency inputs(as is right now) and soon multi FIAT outputs. much like western union

amazon are also trying to be payment processors, much like paypal.

both are missing the niche market. and purely trying to add another couple % ontop of peoples existent credit card fee's. after all both websites will still rely on visa and mastercard to get fiat in and out.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:54:56 AM

It's all speculation.
My guess is they will just implement some sort of stupid their own virtual tokens like mpeso or the chinese q coins or something.
Don't see them as so forward thinking, especially when his "friends" the twins are much into it.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:00:06 AM

Thanks for that.

It's all speculation.
My guess is they will just implement some sort of stupid their own virtual tokens like mpeso or the chinese q coins or something.
Don't see them as so forward thinking, especially when his "friends" the twins are much into it.

Yeah from what I'm reading, it seems just like another one of the FB Credits idea except on a somewhat larger and grander scale. I'm definitely doubtful now that it will be crypto-related in anyway let alone Bitcoin considering that I don't think they'd work with the current frameworks and system in place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: