Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So how many of you missed the perfect "cup and handle" movement late November?  (Read 838 times)
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:47:17 PM

Back in late november bitcoin did what chart analysts know as a cup and handle movement. The drop and slow curve as more people buy, but less people sell. Then when it reaches its high again, it causes the weak to sellout thinking they are just glad to make their money back.

You look at the chart and see it dips a little after from the fallout of weak investors after making high again but the buy point was around $350 or so. Well within 3 weeks later, it hit $425, netting some a nice profit of ~20% on their investment.

Curious how many took advantage of this? I don't look at bitcoin charts often anymore because I've believe BTC has been long overhyped and overpriced past $125 but mad I missed this one.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:51:01 PM

Seriously though, what the fuck are you talking about? Grin
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:58:02 PM

Look at bitstamp 3 month chart and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:04:39 PM

I expect he's describing a trading term. I'm not a trader so I don't know any of the terms except dead cat bounce.
podyx
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:12:58 PM

img]https://i.imgur.com/uT4fv9x.png[/img]

nop, links or pics could help
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:22:54 PM

I can only imagine OP is talking about this

The problem is, that cup & handle should have followed the orange line because the "handle" (the small bull flag looking shit on the right) should have been only a correction when in fact it was the beginnings of this here 5th wave to hell.

BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:25:01 AM

I can only imagine OP is talking about this

The problem is, that cup & handle should have followed the orange line because the "handle" (the small bull flag looking shit on the right) should have been only a correction when in fact it was the beginnings of this here 5th wave to hell.
That handle is too large of a fallout from the price reaching its original high. A typical handle will only drop 10-20% at most, anything more and theres a much greater chance of it not taking off and the price dropping lower and failing (which it did). I would not consider your example to be one I would invest in. If bitstamp comes back (its offline) I could show what I am a talking about. This is just going off the bitstamp price chart for past 3 months, not preev or another market.

BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:06:57 AM

This is what I mean. Sorry - I'm not good with drawing / editing photos. I've specified where the buy point would've been if you saw the cup and handle at the time.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:08:00 AM

Sorry - I'm not good with drawing / editing photos.
You don't say.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
podyx
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:17:40 AM

I didn't miss it.
I went long at $375 and made $4-5k in 2 days
Thought a new bullrun had begun so I held on to it and lost all the profit though Sad
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:23:52 AM

This is what I mean. Sorry - I'm not good with drawing / editing photos. I've specified where the buy point would've been if you saw the cup and handle at the time.

[img]

My chart was bitstamp but I see yours is a little guy in the bottom of mine

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: