Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative uses for blockchain.  (Read 724 times)
samjtemp (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:13:01 AM

A few ideas.

DDOSing is a big problem for servers and online games.

Couldn't a blockchain be created where Miners processed website and server traffic? This way you would have a decentralized global server with little upkee. The coins could be to buy service time, is this any  way similiar to namecoin?

Graphical Computations;

All those bad ass GPU's being used to perform math problems seem a little wasteful. How about we use them as rendering farm for game and movie production?
I know when creating HQ render's while mobile, even on my Alienware it could take hours when I'd like to see the results right way.

Server Side Data;

The most recent SimCity (To the extreme offense of it's customers - myself included) decided to make all the in-game calculations from it's servers.
Hosting and runnning servers are expensive and they always go down, major game launches are expected to be laggy and experience shut downs for the first few weeks... or in the case of Diablo 3 for many months.
This could solve that problem entirely.

Could all 3 of these aspects be combined into  single blockchain, or any others that could put the calculations to good use?

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
successjr11

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:40:40 AM

I was surfing back a few pages to see if such a topic was posted. I'm a newbie and I can't get enough info.

I was wondering what people though about other uses of the btc "system" which would include the blockchain.

I read somewhere where eventually you'll be able to send a contract for a job with payment attached that would be released upon completion of the job. Pretty cool.

While nobody knows if bitcoin will survive as we know it, it seems pretty clear the delivery system is not going away.

They are developing a bitcoin browser? Again, too cool.

Any other ideas?
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:25:03 AM

Sounds like the freenet project

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: