Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:24:42 AM

Hope and I are extending an offer to the TiPS community. BitHub would be perfect for Fedora and vice verca.

I plan on having bitcoin, feathercoin and ufocoin in at the start.

Fedora could simply serve as a tipping coin on the platform as opposed to having it's BC been used for magnet link embedding if the community feels it's a concern.

nice I think it's innovative, I wouldn't mind using the blockchain of tips either but since there are concerns it needs more discussion to make sure it will have positive consequences!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:43:56 AM

http://mercbay.com/#faq

What is MercBay?

MercBay is a site, or as more join the revolution, a swarm of sites sharing the same database of information, utilizing "Blockchain-Link" which is an open source protocol for embedding data in the blockchain of CryptoCurrencies.

Why would you want to do that?

CryptoCurrencies like Bitcoin and Fedoracoin have a number of useful properties which Blockchain-Link exploits:

The blockchain is built on a peer-to-peer network which makes broadcasting of data far and wide easy to accomplish.

The blockchain is verified by all the participants in the network, meaning data embedded within it cannot become corrupted.

The blockchain is used as a record of account, so it already has existing utility, meaning it's less likely to be censored.

The act of embedding data in the blockchain via the Blockchain-Link protocol requires users to spend their coins, meaning there's a cost associated with publishing.

By building on these foundational properties, Blockchain-Link allows anyone to publish data in a way that is effectively anonymous, and will be very hard to censor, yet easy to find. The implementation on MercBay utilizing Fedoracoin as a cryptocurrency makes the process very inexpensive.
Does it destroy coins?

Yes. Every publish requires spending to addresses for which the private key isn't known. This causes further deflation of the currency, removing them from circulation ("burning"), making the existing coins more valuable.

But won't this bloat the blockchain?

While the blockchain will increase in size with every piece of data published, because the coins are being destroyed, they can never move again. This means they will never generate another transaction to increase the size of the blockchain. Any cost in size is paid once and never again, as opposed to when coins transfer ownership and will subsequently generate more transaction. If the blockchain was only used for this purpose, there would be an upper limit on the blockchain size, as opposed to the present assumption that it will grow forever. So while adding data to the blockchain will increase the size of it, it can't possibly increase it more than sending coins around.

Someone submitted a magnet link that torrents my intellectual property. Remove it, please.

That's... that's not a question.

Well?

Okay, close enough. MercBay merely makes magnet link information widely available. If you represent the legal interests of various IP holders, you can naturally still track who is sharing and distributing data the same way you always have to this point.
Okay, some jackass just uploaded something that is illegal in my country. What can you do about it?

Hope and pray that some poor idiot doesn't participate in the dissemination of the material in said country? Seriously, MercBay doesn't do anything to BitTorrent traffic as it is right now. All it is is a magnet link repository, there is no content of any sort hosted on this site. In addition? There is no content of any sort in the individual blockchains. So it's the same as it was a week before MercBay launched and beyond for many years prior: if you host, seed and torrent illegal, exploitative content, you will be caught, full stop. If you would like to help law enforcement in the investigation of such ne'er do wells, copy the magnet link itself and send it to a law enforcement branch of your choosing. So that they will be best prepared to go after anyone seeding/hosting the content, taking it away from them. Remember, if there are no seeds, it renders that magnet link useless. So do your part and then let the legal system take it from there.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Kebwesi

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 12:21:41 PM

By law, if fedoracoin hosts the magnet links to illegal content, the fedoracoin blockchain would be "Aiding and abetting" the dissemination of the said illegal content. And if the "They" find it impossible to destroy the said blockchain, they would just buy off the remaining coins and burn them, wouldn't take a tenth the budget of a feature film to stymie it, thus block further/newer magnets from being posted. I'd repeat, the best solution to the torrent issue is a totally decentralized and distributed system. Either use the peer discovery system by bitmessage/openbazaar, or hop onto the maidsafe network. A blockchain is definately the last place you'd want to host links to illegal content, its a centralized entity, no matter the distribution, its still a single database.

srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:26:27 PM

they would just buy off the remaining coins and burn them

making remaining coins 1000x more valuable, I have nothing against.
Besides, coins are still being mined, and it would make it so much more profitable.

Protip: if someone would want to really teach us a lesson, they would push huge amount of hashing power and derail whole blockchain, or
at least push it to astronomically high diff often enough to make us leave it.

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:39:26 PM

If need be ftc has solutions to the diff issue and the XX% attack. ACP and eHRC.

ACP will be decentralised soon enough and eHRC got us through the fork from scrypt to neoscrypt.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:41:19 PM

making remaining coins 1000x more valuable, I have nothing against.
Besides, coins are still being mined, and it would make it so much more profitable.
That's short term thinking, we looking to compete, and this looks like a very desperate move, if not an outright fishy move... Would Mercbay start off the project with the bitcoin blockchain? If they will, and it holds, we can then verify their authenticity. Otherwise, this more or less a predatory move.

Protip: if someone would want to really teach us a lesson, they would push huge amount of hashing power and derail whole blockchain, or
at least push it to astronomically high diff often enough to make us leave it.

^ +1

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:20:26 PM

I have to agree with Kebwesi although i really wish that tips price back to old time.

srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:23:01 PM

I have to agree with Kebwesi although i really wish that tips price back to old time.

With some useful services I'm sure price can at least double.

id10tothe9

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

With some useful services I'm sure price can at least double.

yah I really think so too, double is very easy I think. we need to keep improving slowly but surely, let's start with TiPS 2.0 and then start building services upon that.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 10:49:42 AM

Hi Guys, we need to be in this together in order to move this up. The first order of business should be to upgrade our core code to the latest bitcoincore. If there are any among us who are willing to contribute their skill towards making this work in the shortest time possible, we will all benefit greatly. Otherwise, my team is busy comparing the code, and will be submitting the code in due time (scared of over promising here).

TiPS 2.0 is way beyond tipping, we need to smarten up this coin, the code, the people and the will is there. If counterparty was able to incorporate ethereum, we would only be limited by our lack of ideas, or greed. And anyway, who says tipping has to be free?

id10tothe9

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:40:52 AM

I'm with you Kebwesi! all crypto is just at the beginning and nothing is decided yet, there is a lot we can do and a huge potential for TiPS 2.0. I salute the efforts!
I'm very limited on time for the few coming months so I can only cheer for you all from the backseats for now Cry

ps. I'm still available if the community fund is needed or if somebody else wants to control it, I'll be checking in every now and then. Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:31:31 PM

So Mercbay goes into fedoraco.in, no matter what the community thinks or decides? If this is not a pirate move, what is? It would be a total shame when this flounders and fails. The original piratebay devs are working on their own solution (https://torrentfreak.com/how-the-pirate-bay-plans-to-beat-censorship-for-good-140105/), fedoracoin is nowhere near their radar. Other devs within the crypto space are also working on a blockchained product (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=927397.0). We have bigger plans for this blockchain, plans that provide solutions to everyday, everyman problems. Circumventing IP law and censorship is good, but is so pedestrian compared to circumventing the economic constraints that are set in place, by providing viable options to ordinary people.

So using fedoraco.in and fedoracha.in to earn google points and ad revenue may seem lucrative in the short term, but you'll have a very short run.

calem

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:55:36 PM

DW..

I'll use UFO for bithub. Whatever Hope does with Link and Fed with Mercbay, is entirely up to them and his nothing to do with me.

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:15:08 AM

Anyone have new pool list?
Pool list at OP not working anymore.

id10tothe9

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:41:33 AM

I'll update the OP if somebody gives us a new list.
also let me know if I can make any adjustments etc on the OP!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:58:43 AM

I'll update the OP if somebody gives us a new list.
also let me know if I can make any adjustments etc on the OP!

I think that this one below may be the only one running fedora right now:

http://www.maxipool.pl/index.php

I am using it for some time, everything run smooth, 0% fee.

id10tothe9

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:16:58 AM

ok added Smiley
coinking seems to be working so I left it in there..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
HopeStillFlies

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:01:02 PM

ok added Smiley
I went through and tested the ones originally on the site and http://fedora.pcfil.com/ still works as does picking the appropriate direct port on Multipool. 

CoinKing I left off because it no longer supports TiPS as a payout option. I tried logging in with my old account to verify if they allowed direct mining like Multipool, but I can't verify. If someone can positively verify, I'll throw it back up there.
id10tothe9

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:15:57 PM

ok added Smiley
I went through and tested the ones originally on the site and http://fedora.pcfil.com/ still works as does picking the appropriate direct port on Multipool. 

CoinKing I left off because it no longer supports TiPS as a payout option. I tried logging in with my old account to verify if they allowed direct mining like Multipool, but I can't verify. If someone can positively verify, I'll throw it back up there.

cool updated, but multipool.us (?) says TiPS status is disabled?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
HopeStillFlies

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:53:10 PM

ok added Smiley

cool updated, but multipool.us (?) says TiPS status is disabled?
It is on the switcher, because we got tired of people dumping the coins directly on the market, so multipool agreed we needed breathing room and allowed it to be directly mined on port 3357 but not through multiport 7777.

https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=tips

I think that decision was made ... jeebuz. A year ago. Holy cow.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: