Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:51:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180995 times)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:30:14 AM

cool got the first 3Mil TiPS donation Cheesy
thanks thiec, I'll put it in a new excel table!

edit: All donations will be documented here

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nomadone

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:41:35 PM

Nice thread.

I haven't been here in a while.

Just wondering if someone could tell me something.

I have 20,000,000 tips what are they worth?
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:45:17 PM

cool got the first 3Mil TiPS donation Cheesy
thanks thiec, I'll put it in a new excel table!

edit: All donations will be documented here

Just sent my 10 million...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
kajjeb

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:26:20 PM

This is an extremely cool idea to unite coins. If you have some time, read and comment please!

http://www.jl777.org/supernetwork-ipo/

I think we could benefit greatly from being part of this.

saw that too and also very excited about it! (even suggested that in the proposal above)
I want to write to james (the developer of this and btcd among others) about it and not all coins can join to be in the core depending on what they offer so not sure about our chances right now, but at least can use the services of this network (eg anonymization), but before we can join other groups in any way we need to have our new coin running since it seems we will switch to a TiPS 2.0. So we really need to find the right developers now and set up our new structure in order to move forward. So please try to write to talented devs you know who might want to join, you can send them the proposal as posted above to explain things.

Hi! I'm one of the only ones that comments the threads in reddit I guess!!

First off, good job on the takeover. You guys seem serious Grin

As for the issues we face, I would say that reducing the number of coins is priority number 1!!

Then, as any other coin, we need to secure the network. I just have a corrupted chain on my pc and It took me over an hour to figure out how to sync the chain again!!! no nodes were working... this is bad! I guess not a lot of people are currently mining TIPS so POS could be a way to go.

To secure the network and add future stability, something like the supernet would be awesome. We need to get more details from James but I say go for it!!!

Will be lurking around!!
id10tothe9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:05:15 AM

RJF received the 10mil thanks! noted in the table.

nomadone, 20mil are now worth 0.6-1 LTC (we've been recently up to 5lit/1TiPS) so a few dollars, might wanna buy more at these prices if our endeavour should succeed Cheesy

kajjeb, great you joined us here! not sure about your problem with the chain, as I said I don't even have a config file but my wallet works just fine, not sure what this means or why you had that problem. maybe somebody more knowledgable can comment?
I will write to invisibel today and ask if he wants to join us, I think it would be good for the coin and he is a really good dev considering he implemented the mixing service single handedly and made us the first coin with a working anonymizing service.
about btcd and the supernetwork you can read about the teleport technology in their darkpaper here: http://www.flipgorilla.com/p/23023990364728535/show#/23023990364728535/0
and about the superNet here: http://209.126.70.170/SuperNET.pdf
as I said only few coins will be in the core of this network so not sure about our chances, but if nothing else we can still use the network for the anonymization service among others, more interesting details on their thread. we would need to implement something in our code to be able to use it as far as I understand, so actually yah it would be a good timing to figure that out now before we implement the TiPS 2.0 changes! nice Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Kebwesi

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:11:01 AM

Hi, Just sent 9999999.99 TIPS to the fund from Cryptsy.

thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:12:42 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 10:24:43 AM by thiec

From Cryptsy? Are their wallet already fixed? Last time i have checked, they cannot have deposit and withdraw

Edit : Its work fine now. Split some saving and now, i have allcoin, cryptsy and bter Cheesy

id10tothe9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:14:27 AM

added! cool cryptsy now finally working have been waiting for a withdrawal for 2 weeks now but just saw that it was sent Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:18:43 AM

ok sent 20mil myself Smiley

edit: from cryptsy, worked really fast this time!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kajjeb

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:05:36 AM

2 litoshis!!!

Time to buy some major coins guys!!!!!!
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:44:56 AM

Yeah they are dirty cheap now Smiley I also sent 5mil as promised. Keep up the good work...

id10tothe9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:13:39 PM

Yeah they are dirty cheap now Smiley I also sent 5mil as promised. Keep up the good work...

added Smiley
we now have about 47mil donation!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

Something to think about on the subject of reducing the number of coins. The first thing needed here is a decision; do we want TIPS to be a currency or a commodity? Large coin counts are good for a currency but it will take longer to increase the value and smaller coin counts are good for a "store of value" or commodity. We need to approach this question very carefully. I would be in favor of a reasonable reduction if we still foresee TIPS as a payment system. A larger reduction might be in order if we are going for a very long term investment vehicle.

I haven't worked the numbers yet but, I may have some time this week to make a suggestion.  Just my 2 cents... (2 TIPS)

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
id10tothe9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:39:17 PM

Something to think about on the subject of reducing the number of coins. The first thing needed here is a decision; do we want TIPS to be a currency or a commodity? Large coin counts are good for a currency but it will take longer to increase the value and smaller coin counts are good for a "store of value" or commodity. We need to approach this question very carefully. I would be in favor of a reasonable reduction if we still foresee TIPS as a payment system. A larger reduction might be in order if we are going for a very long term investment vehicle.

I haven't worked the numbers yet but, I may have some time this week to make a suggestion.  Just my 2 cents... (2 TIPS)

hey yah that's a (THE) great question and we need to decide on it. would be great if you can calculate some numbers. maybe we can find a number in the middle, plus we can consider an inflation rate (POS) which goes well with the expected rise of value. I guess we need to fulfil the following conditions:
1. be able to trade on btc instead of ltc -> what is the minimum number of coins at the current cap
2. while I'm assuming we still want to be used in tipping on social networks, restaurants etc, and also assuming 1 TIPS as an acceptable minimum tip -> how much worth should 1 TiPS be long term? ($0.01?)
3. maybe adjusting the inflation rate with an expected average increase would be good to keep that value per TiPS in a useful range.

I guess the reason for the reduction is mainly to be on the btc market, and using TiPS as a commodity would always work I think, so maybe a few satoshi at current cap or 10sat to anticipate a btc rally would be good enough?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:41:21 PM

I think it would be better to just create a TiPS 2.0 from another coin's codebase (verified of course) and give people coins from a premine with a direct transfer rate that is, of course, adjusted for inflation.

Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:31:53 AM

Right off the bat, "without much thought put into it", I'd propose that TiPS be a commodity.

The vision I have of/for TiPS, would be to act as a carrier of value. Using the concept of colored coins, TiPS could be used to represent Frequent Flyer Miles, redeemable coupons at hotels, tour operators, (generally, offers and discounts in the tours and travel industry). The TiPS blockchain could be used to track and enable the transfer of such value between the holder's and issuer's of those coupons.

The Inverse could be: Coupon's, rebates and whatever offer's in the industry could be priced in TiPS, with a marketing push setting out to convince the establishment to accept TiPS as a cross-industry Tipping currency... but that would give the issuer's an upper hand.

The premise behind all the above is: While we tip the waiter's and whoever else in appreciation of their service, the inverse occurs when the establishments tip us with offers, coupons and discounts to retain us as clients. So a currency/commodity that balances out the equation, globally, would really aid in the accounting of their various marketing pushes. ... 0.5 TiPS.

id10tothe9

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:41:48 PM

The vision I have of/for TiPS, would be to act as a carrier of value. Using the concept of colored coins, TiPS could be used to represent Frequent Flyer Miles, redeemable coupons at hotels, tour operators, (generally, offers and discounts in the tours and travel industry). The TiPS blockchain could be used to track and enable the transfer of such value between the holder's and issuer's of those coupons.

hm that's an interesting idea, so with this you want to differentiate between the different TiPS given out as coupons, would they then be only usable at the store which gave them out? if implemented it seems there would be nice applications otherwise not possible. but how can we implement that, how complicated is it. I assume those are different than eg assets that can be generated with NXT, those would be instead actual TiPS but with additional info right?
We also need a solution in order to be able to issue assets or something similar for the businesses that spring out of this community, so that the participants would get recurring returns from the gains of those businesses. would your idea solve that too? (I'm obviously not too familiar with color coins Smiley)

The Inverse could be: Coupon's, rebates and whatever offer's in the industry could be priced in TiPS, with a marketing push setting out to convince the establishment to accept TiPS as a cross-industry Tipping currency... but that would give the issuer's an upper hand.

The premise behind all the above is: While we tip the waiter's and whoever else in appreciation of their service, the inverse occurs when the establishments tip us with offers, coupons and discounts to retain us as clients. So a currency/commodity that balances out the equation, globally, would really aid in the accounting of their various marketing pushes. ... 0.5 TiPS.

I added this idea of yours to the ideas file so we don't loose it, but maybe you can explain it to me in simpler terms or other members can discuss this further? not sure I got it all right Smiley but I guess from what I understand I agree, using it both ways, tipping the waiters/shop owners etc and using it by the shops and hotels as coupons makes sense and would be great if we can target both. and if those colored coins can create a nice twist with better options for those uses it would be great.
we also need the devs to discuss this in technical terms and see what is possible to do I guess..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:43:58 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 05:31:04 PM by id10tothe9

I think it would be better to just create a TiPS 2.0 from another coin's codebase (verified of course) and give people coins from a premine with a direct transfer rate that is, of course, adjusted for inflation.

yah i would also go with that, new block chain and exchanging the old ones with new ones.

I think I need to create a new thread that we'd move to instead of this one but with the voting option available to start voting on those matters. what do you think?

ps. we now have about 57mil TiPS in the community fund Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Kebwesi

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:35:59 PM

Hi id10tothe9,

The problem to be solved: Imagine if you had frequent flyer miles, or a discount at a local pizzeria that you could exchange with a discount at a fashion store. I got the Fashion store discount, you have the frequent flyer miles... Both of those have a monetary value that can be swapped or exchanged. TiPS could provide the framework or means of exchange.

So using TiPS as a currency: The store could give and receive TiPS, and the Airline too. Problem is getting them to accept TiPS. So we target the people using the services. Let it be a peer to peer exchange mechanism for Tips, Offers and Discounts within the current fiat business model. Hope that makes sense.

Otherwise, My Windows Wallet V.1.1 does not sync. Tried creating a .conf file, nothing. Do I revert to the V.0.6?

mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:53:49 PM

Should we go ahead and add the donation contributions address to the #1 page of this thread?
Additionally add it to id10tothe9's sig or some other idea possibly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: