Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 Apple Giftcard  (Read 2525 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:18:51 PM

It sucks for you because you expected to get what you were entitled to as the winner.

Sorry, rob, but it sucks for you.  For printcoin to be successful, it requires that people implicitly trust you.  Refusing to honor terms that you yourself set out calls that trust into question.   It won't be long before people start calling you a scammer in your printcoin threads.

[I don't say this as a threat, it's just the natural course of action on this forum.]

I did not make any gain off of this, so calling it a scam (and me a scammer) is very poor wording.

If anything, this is a breach of contract. I am willing to accept a reasonable penalty, and offered up $5.5 of the $30 that was his bid. He has not rejected that, and I am optimistic that this can be settled fairly.

I have made two attempts to work out a reasonable solution, and you should at least let him respond before tossing in your troll like messages.

It won't be long before people start calling you a scammer in your printcoin threads.

[bla bla threat that isn't a threat, that really is a threat]
Bite me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:59:10 PM

It sucks for you because you expected to get what you were entitled to as the winner.

Sorry, rob, but it sucks for you.  For printcoin to be successful, it requires that people implicitly trust you.  Refusing to honor terms that you yourself set out calls that trust into question.   It won't be long before people start calling you a scammer in your printcoin threads.

[I don't say this as a threat, it's just the natural course of action on this forum.]

I did not make any gain off of this, so calling it a scam (and me a scammer) is very poor wording.

If anything, this is a breach of contract. I am willing to accept a reasonable penalty, and offered up $5.5 of the $30 that was his bid. He has not rejected that, and I am optimistic that this can be settled fairly.

I have made two attempts to work out a reasonable solution, and you should at least let him respond before tossing in your troll like messages.

It won't be long before people start calling you a scammer in your printcoin threads.

[bla bla threat that isn't a threat, that really is a threat]
Bite me.

Bite me?  No that wasn't a veiled threat.  I never had the intention of personally complaining about you in other threads.

On this forum, I've repeatedly seen:

1) People get labeled scammers for bailing on deals, whether they actually had the intent to scam or just didn't follow through.

2) Angry victims or vigilantes go to every thread the alleged scammer has ever posted in, screaming aobut how this person is a scammer and you shouldn't do business with them.

This is probably not something you want to deal with if you're running a bitcoin business.  Furthermore, the defense that you were only in breach of contract, and not a full scammer, still essentially has the same effect on you and your business' reputation.

Most people don't believe either of your attempts generated a reasonable solution, and even if they did, Vitaliy's opinion is the only one that matters.  Since he hasn't accepted either offer, he clearly doesn't think the offers are reasonable.

I'm now wishing I hadn't sent bitcoins to both robkohr and kujoking7.
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:11:46 PM

Ok, sorry for being defensive. I misperceived your intent.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: