Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPOE-PR Perma-Banned after warning, Temp Ban more appropriate?  (Read 8464 times)
buyandhold (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 43

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:41:39 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 07:41:44 PM by buyandhold

She is an ass, but an asset. We need her much more than we need you. Take a couple weeks yourself.

So she swore at you. Grow a thicker skin. This is not a cocktail party.

And no, I'm not her shill, I'm someone else's.

Hey @theymos, please ban Maged till he calms down, and please bring back that ghastly MPOE-PR.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

*grabs  popcorn*
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:53:23 PM

She is an ass, but an asset. We need her much more than we need you. Take a couple weeks yourself.

Hey @theymos, please ban Maged till he calms down, and please bring back that ghastly MPOE-PR.

And yet Inaba can slander and defame people up and down the forums for years and nothing is done? Funny.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:57:23 PM

I think MPOE-PR can just pay the fine cause she did the time.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Isn't that double jeopardy?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:45:25 PM

Isn't that double jeopardy?
Technically yes it would be.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 06:52:02 PM

Old members shouldn't get preferential treatment if they break the rules. No one would be complaining if a new member got banned for swearing at a moderator. Sometimes people need to be made an example of in order to keep others in check.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:55:41 PM

Old members shouldn't get preferential treatment if they break the rules. No one would be complaining if a new member got banned for swearing at a moderator. Sometimes people need to be made an example of in order to keep others in check.

You don't get banned for swearing at a moderator. MPOE-PR was asked to stop spamming/trolling by Maged, and rather than stopping, she swore at him. The act of insulting Maged itself didn't get her banned, it was the warning, and then lack of acknowledgement of the warning that got the ban.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

You don't get banned for swearing at a moderator. MPOE-PR was asked to stop spamming/trolling by Maged, and rather than stopping, she swore at him. The act of insulting Maged itself didn't get her banned, it was the warning, and then lack of acknowledgement of the warning that got the ban.

I was going by what the OP posted. It's witty how people usually leave out important details when they bash the mods.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

I dont know all of the details either, so I'm not sure if a perma ban was warranted based off of what I do know, but some sort of action was reasonable. Swearing at the mods wont win you any brownie points, but most don't really care. Although old accounts shouldn't be given preferential treatment, how long someone has been here definately is a consideration. If you are a newbie with 30 posts, and 27 of them are banworthy, well, bye. But if your account is two years old with 2,000 posts and you have a slip up or a bad day, you tend to have a little bit more leniency given. That is not to say that you are untouchable if you have an old account, that is to say you are more likely to get a temporary ban first, or perhaps a second warning.

If anything, the title of this thread should be, MPOE-PR Perma Banned after warning, Temp Ban more appropriate?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:27:56 PM

Lets be honest MPOE-PR gets on everyone's nerves, she is annoying and while maybe 2 out of 10 post are good, she isn't a staple of this forum that bought any high level discussion.
buyandhold (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 43

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:48:41 PM

Sorry for my sensationalist title - now edited - and my fudging of Maged's reasons for permabanning her.

I was annoyed, but it's no excuse.

Long-standing members do need a little more leniency when they're being tw@s.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:15:55 PM

Sorry for my sensationalist title - now edited - and my fudging of Maged's reasons for permabanning her.

I was annoyed, but it's no excuse.

Long-standing members do need a little more leniency when they're being tw@s.

Hehe, I didn't mean you had to literally change it. You also don't need to suck up to me, feel free to throw a few f bombs my way, I don't care. I was just voicing my opinion on the matter.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:25:49 PM

Is this the queue for abuse?

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:15:07 AM

This will be the last month of MPOE-PR salary. The Bitcointalk forum moderators finally took exception to her public naming and shaming of their favourite scams, and banned her. I suppose in a sense this is best for all those involved.

Source: Trilema

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

This will be the last month of MPOE-PR salary. The Bitcointalk forum moderators finally took exception to her public naming and shaming of their favourite scams, and banned her. I suppose in a sense this is best for all those involved.

Source: Trilema

Wow so mpoe-pr was literally paid to do nothing but spam these forums. I thought there was more to the job than that.

Well in the end she earned a cool few hundred btc for trolling. Something many do for free.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:26:51 AM

And yet Inaba can slander and defame people up and down the forums for years and nothing is done? Funny.
Nothing surprising. The forum is rotten at its core, many mods and admins deeply involved in scams (and what a joke is DefaultTrust?); as far as I'm concerned, their actions make them scammers too.

You can pretty much assume that mod = scamlover.

Almost as rotten as the cult of mpex and bitcoin-assets
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:29:59 AM

I've been banned twice for something similar. This was a while back though lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:33:03 AM

There are an awful lot of mods, and that's an awfully unfair generalisation.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:51:34 AM

There are an awful lot of mods, and that's an awfully unfair generalisation.
Given that an awful lot of them act anonymously, I can't say. Maybe some of them are honest. Why do they stay, though? Especially after theymos' repeated failures.
Because this is still the prime (and only meaningful) communication forum for bitcoin and those of us who believe in bitcoin try to keep it as useful as possible.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: