Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wtf is bip 70  (Read 1070 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:33:57 AM

Will Stripe’s app support the new payment mechanism released in Bitcoin Core 0.9.0?

Anderson: If this refers to the Payment Protocol (BIP 70) [then] yes. Stripe is very enthusiastic about the Payment Protocol and will support it and encourage its adoption.

Someone school me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:37:31 AM

Will Stripe’s app support the new payment mechanism released in Bitcoin Core 0.9.0?

Anderson: If this refers to the Payment Protocol (BIP 70) [then] yes. Stripe is very enthusiastic about the Payment Protocol and will support it and encourage its adoption.

Someone school me.
Basis Points.  It is 1/100 of a point.
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:38:25 AM

Someone school me.
Its actually Bitcoin Improvement Proposal.  WTF is wrong with your Googler - did it break?
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:40:22 AM

Someone school me.
Its actually Bitcoin Improvement Proposal.  WTF is wrong with your Googler - did it break?

I figured it was better to ask here... What's the essence of it? Main advantages?

waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Protocol overview
In a normal Bitcoin payment, the process starts with the user either clicking a bitcoin URI or copy and pasting a textual address into their wallet app and manually specifying the amount.

In a payment handled by the payment protocol, the process is initiated in one of two ways:

The user clicks a Bitcoin URI that has a new "r" parameter, which contains a (http) URL that resolves to a payment request file.
The user opens a payment request file directly.
The user's wallet then parses the payment request data, which is a protocol buffer, and starts the process of requesting confirmation as normal. When clicking a Bitcoin URI, the instructions in the rest of the URI are ignored (they are for backwards compatibility only) and the data found at the given URL takes precedence.

The payment request is made up of an outer "skin" message that contains (optional) signature and certificate data, and an embedded serialization of the inner "core" message that contains the details of the requested payment. The outer PaymentRequest message is agnostic as to the kind of digital signature infrastructure used, but currently only an X.509 binding is defined. This is the same system as used in SSL. The inner PaymentDetails message is stored in binary form rather than being embedded like a normal protobuf message would be to ensure that signature bytes always match.

Once a satisfying set of Bitcoin transactions are created by the wallet, a Payment message is formatted and uploaded to the destination URL specified by PaymentDetails, and then a PaymentACK message is received by the wallet once the payment is accepted satisfactorily.

TLDR; Its like http:// for bitcoin, encodes payment info inside a URL link

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:10:36 AM

See the FAQ here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300809.0
Bitram

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:36:15 PM

Looks nice for me.

Some things are just too hard to find in google.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: