Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx owner in danger of being extradited to US to face charges  (Read 14006 times)
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:56:03 PM

This extradition will permanently remove Mircea Popescu and his many troll accounts (Mpoe-PR anyone?) off these forums. That alone is fantastic news. That guy(?) is an annoying a-hole! Anyone who thinks different is either mentally ill or simply Mircea Popescu him/herself.

lol true. he has no friends here, everyone knows he's an A-hole. Speaking of which he's going to have a very sore one once the boys in the hood get their hands on him.  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:59:04 PM

So I fail to see the problem, he's allowed to sell up to the halfway mark, and then he is allowed to sell the company as a whole (the controlling interest). I'm failing to see how he's breaking the contract?

You see nothing wrong with the owner of the most sketchy exchange (non-publicly verifiable) actively trading on his own exchange?

It is simply impossible to prove it is not a ponzi. And it would have every reason to operate as a ponzi. (higher stock value -> more noobs to pay 30btc reg fee -> more money to pump stock -> rinse & repeat)

How else can you explain a constantly rising stock when literally no revenue to justify it?

BTW if you watch the order book closely for a while you will notice there are actually only 1 or 2 people constantly trading.
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

So I fail to see the problem, he's allowed to sell up to the halfway mark, and then he is allowed to sell the company as a whole (the controlling interest). I'm failing to see how he's breaking the contract?

You see nothing wrong with the owner of the most sketchy exchange (non-publicly verifiable) actively trading on his own exchange?

So a Canadian sorry, Panamanian exchange that claims to be registered but really isn't, selling shares in itself at hyper-inflated IPO prices, giving revenue projections an order of magnitude higher, and said share price, predictably, plummeting after financial statement cheesy but nevertheless depressing PowerPoint presentation is released ...that doesn't seem sketchy to you? Cheesy
jimmothy

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:30:39 PM

So a Canadian sorry, Panamanian exchange that claims to be registered but really isn't, selling shares in itself at hyper-inflated IPO prices, giving revenue projections an order of magnitude higher, and said share price, predictably, plummeting after financial statement cheesy but nevertheless depressing PowerPoint presentation is released ...that doesn't seem sketchy to you? Cheesy

Never said it wasn't sketchy but its a few magnitude less than mpex.

With havelock they have no reason to pump their own stocks and are not actively trading on their own exchange.

Also dividends to havelock can be verified publicly via the blockchain so there is no fishy business going on.

Id rather trade on an exchange without such a massive incentive to ponzify.

If havelock had only 1 active stock which was openly manipulated by the stock exchange operator I would stop supporting them as well.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:42:23 PM

Panamanian exchange

Romania is THE online-fraud heart of Europe. It was so bad a few years ago that Romania agreed to an extradition agreement with the US after US businesses widely threatened to pull out of the country. Since then the FBI has been extraditing dozens of people/hackers a year.

Trying to sully the name of Panama when you come from ROMANIA is a bit rich Mirceau! Every European knows what your country is like.

This is typical of the coordination that now goes on between the US and Romania:

The Romanian government, particularly the Ministry of Justice, the Romanian Internal Intelligence Service, and the Directorate for Combating Organized Crime, provided significant assistance and support during the investigation, arrest, and extradition of the defendants.

http://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-releases/2013/three-members-of-international-cyber-fraud-ring-extradited-from-romania-to-the-united-states
theMiracle

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:43:50 PM

Jimmothy, let's cut the crap:  You *can't afford to trade on MPEx* -- I don't think you have 30 bits to your name.  Do you?

Your constant droning about cl00less n00bs being lured into paying MP 30BTC to ...just be able to trade on his exchange.  Come on, the sort of n00bs that have 30BTC to spare likely don't need your ace financial advice, amirite?  30BTC is still a decent sum, probably Bitcoin equivalent of IRL qualified investor.

Now stop trying to help those above your social and financial stratum, you silly Randian you.  We don't need your help.
jimmothy

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

Jimmothy, let's cut the crap:  You *can't afford to trade on MPEx* -- I don't think you have 30 bits to your name.  Do you?

Your constant droning about cl00less n00bs being lured into paying MP 30BTC to ...just be able to trade on his exchange.  Come on, the sort of n00bs that have 30BTC to spare likely don't need your ace financial advice, amirite?  30BTC is still a decent sum, probably Bitcoin equivalent of IRL qualified investor.

Now stop trying to help those above your social and financial stratum, you silly Randian you.  We don't need your help.

Very nice retort. I do love ad hominims.

First of all you don't know how much money I have nor is it relevant.

To be an investor you simply need to invest money. There is no minimum or qualifications like you imagine.

But mpex is not investing. It is paying 30 btc to join the cult of superior investonomers.

Btw this "qualified investor" fee was only $200 bucks a year and a half ago. Surely it should have been 3000 btc right?

Just curious how much does a rich kid like yourself have invested in mpoe? Clearly you are here with a motive.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:07:23 PM

He's Mirceau, so MPOE is his everything - soon to be US funds. They will confiscate the lot.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:15:19 PM

Too bad Romania wont deal with him, like how they took care of Nicolae Ceaușescu.

hmmmmmmmm. Mircea Popescu,  Nicolae Ceaușescu. Similar sounding at least.
theMiracle

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:19:58 PM

Very nice retort. I do love ad hominims.

First of all you don't know how much money I have nor is it relevant.

To be an investor you simply need to invest money. There is no minimum or qualifications like you imagine.

With MPEx there is, sure.  It's 30BTC.

And it's not an ad hominem argument (if you type fancy Pig Latin thingers, spelem right pl0x).  It's just heartbreakingly sad to watch paupers protecting the rich, and lecturing the wealthy on money matters.
Keep punching, Joe!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:01:14 PM

Too bad Romania wont deal with him, like how they took care of Nicolae Ceaușescu.

hmmmmmmmm. Mircea Popescu,  Nicolae Ceaușescu. Similar sounding at least.

If you like that you will LOVE this - a combination of the two!

Nicolae Popescu is wanted for his alleged participation in a sophisticated Internet Fraud scheme

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cei/nicolae-popescu/view

Do they only have 5 names in Romania?!?
This is how the FBI deal with Eastern European scum who rip of Americans - put them on the wanted list.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:54:06 PM

Goofy drama aside - wish him all the best. Even if controversial, would donate to a legal fund aimed at preventing extradition and assume a good few others would, too.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:04:28 AM

Goofy drama aside - wish him all the best. Even if controversial, would donate to a legal fund aimed at preventing extradition and assume a good few others would, too.

I don't think that will be necessary, he allegedly holds hundreds of thousands of BTC
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:33:56 AM

I don't think that will be necessary, he allegedly holds hundreds of thousands of BTC
You admit to holding the coins if you use them, and I don't think you'll find a law firm willing to ignore that. Anyone exchanging his coins to cash for him would have to be insane.
.... Or MPOE-PR.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:25:48 PM

He is destroying paper work and hard-drives in preparation I would think for the extradition and intelligence gathering by the NSA.

Too little too late:

http://trilema.com/2014/spy-stuff/
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:37:35 PM

It wasn't MP who raped you, minerpart.  It was your ex, Kenneth E. Slaughter.

You'll learn to love again.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:44:28 PM

Yeah sure but I don't blame you for my loss. I just blame you for all the shit I had to put up with on the thread. It was deeply annoying. If it were to spare us you would be forgiven but it was just to lead people to MPEx.

Hey now that you are fleeing Romanian justice to an unknown location (good idea to throw out red-herrings such as Prague etc) is MPEx now ex-MPEx?

xMPEx?

edit - I might also blame you a bit for encouraging VE which led him to get the MSD involved. But yes even with no legal action actm would have failed. Ken is.......well maybe he should go back to business school.

He clearly excelled at scam-school.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:53:12 PM

UR only option: Better living through chemistry.

Stuartuk:

Idée fixe?

Thorazine. "We got a drug for thatTM
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:05:32 PM

And end up like you?!

I'll never have to burn my papers at night in the garden.
IPO Magic

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:20:50 PM

And end up like you?!

I'll never have to burn my papers at night in the garden.

>no papers
>no garden
>no sharp objects or matches

ur right.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: