Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:53:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer mobo - $250 shipped, HP Server RAM, DVD Burners  (Read 4920 times)
rjk (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 05:22:23 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2012, 03:32:59 PM by rjk

Parting out a custom watercooled PC - no GPUs; everything works! Here are some pics (from when the system was whole): http://imgur.com/a/MuaUs/all

Prices lowered even more, PM offers or put them in the thread!

Will sell the motherboard and its chipset waterblock as a package for $450 $350 $300  $250 shipped (or make an offer) <-- Price lowered dramatically!
Motherboard: Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer with 7 PCI-E X16 slots
Custom Koolance waterblock for the motherboard chipset  -- Original heatsink still available, will be included if you wish to use it instead!
The board is designed for GPGPU computing and CUDA, so it will handle many Nvidia or ATI video cards with ease.

Two IDE Lightscribe DVD burners -  $15  $8 each shipped, or both for $25  $15.

Four 1GB sticks of ECC DDR2 server memory - HP Brand, pulled from a DL 380 G5. Replacement part number 416471-001 - $27 shipped (or make an offer)

Feel free to stop by and have a look, just PM me to set up a time and get the location. Price is negotiable, make an offer! You can pay with Bitcoins, MtGox redeem codes, Dwolla, cash, check, or money order.

Processor: Core i7-920 (I think this is a C stepping, not D0) - SOLD

Corsair all-in-one cooler (HydroCool 200 ex) - SOLD

PSU for $250 $225 shipped (or make an offer)
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-cool 1200 watt single-rail PSU (with slight mods, see posts below)
- No longer for sale, I decided to build another rig  Cool

RAM for $75 $70 shipped (or make an offer)
12GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM
-- SOLD

5-drive hotswap bay - $99 $80 shipped (or make an offer) - SOLD

Cooler Master HAF 932 case - has a few holes cut out for some failmods, so make an offer. No longer available, I am going to chop it up for another rig Grin

Radiator, pump, fittings, hose, etc - $150 $100 $90 shipped (or make an offer)
Custom watercooling loop for the CPU with a powerful pump (EK DCP 4.0) and 120mm x 360mm radiator with 3 fans  Swiftech Apogee GTZ now included!
SOLD

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:43:13 PM

*drooling* over the SuperComputer motherboard! 

This is a top notch rig!
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 08:48:21 PM

*drooling* over the SuperComputer motherboard! 

This is a top notch rig!
lol... in the bottom right hand corner of the motherboard, there was a blue LED that I replaced with an Ultraviolet one. Looks kewl. Problem is I'm not handy enough with the Dremel to actually make something awesome out of the rig. So what you get is a mass of tubes and parts, that while working, will want some experience to re-wire a little bit...

BTW, this thing won't ship too well, so if any of you are near-by, that would be nice - I could deliver within a reasonable distance, or you can pick up.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:04:13 PM

You would benefit from some better pics, and giving some more detail on what kind of care it needs.
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:05:35 PM

You would benefit from some better pics, and giving some more detail on what kind of care it needs.

pics in the CL link,

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 09:08:04 PM

The pictures on the craigslist posting are low-resolution but they give you an idea.  Some high-res pics might be in order, though.

You changed out an LED on the motherboard??  That's quite a risky procedure for cosmetics..
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:11:09 PM

The pictures on the craigslist posting are low-resolution but they give you an idea.  Some high-res pics might be in order, though.

You changed out an LED on the motherboard??  That's quite a risky procedure for cosmetics..

Yeah I need to dig out my camera and take better pics. Yep I changed an LED, but it wasn't one of those SMT ones, it was a regular type one. This rig was mining for a while with some 5870's, so it definitely works.

fivebells

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:21:23 PM

So what kind of TLC does it need?
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:37:02 PM

So what kind of TLC does it need?
The water loop should probably be re-worked from the beginning, it is connected with no leaks, but the routing is probably sub-optimal. There is a 3x 120mm radiator in the top of the case, and the pump is taking up one lower drive bay, with hose spaghetti'ed everywhere else.
There aren't any hard drives, although if you are going to be mining with it I could include an ancient 80gb sata drive.
The PSU had two 8-pin CPU connectors, and the motherboard had one, so I chopped up the other one and put it on a terminal strip, ready to add more 12v peripherals such as pumps, fans and lighting.
Also, there were 1 (maybe 2?) cables from the PSU with 4-pin cdrom connectors and floppy drive connectors which annoyed me. Since the PSU isn't modular, I removed them instead of tying them out of the way  Roll Eyes
Finally, I do still have the stock motherboard heatsink available, for those that don't want to have the watercooled chipset.

The price figure is just a starting point, please make your offers. Its about what I have in the setup, but I obviously can't expect to get that much from it at this point.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 10:58:40 PM

Sorry I should have done this at the beginning, but here are higher res images for you guys:
http://imgur.com/a/MuaUs/all

likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 11:50:10 PM

I'm in MI and I frequently drive down 23 heading to WV. I won't be heading that way for a while though, probably about 2.5 weeks, I am interested and would like to negotiate price with you but don't know where you really want to be on this. PM me if you are willing to proceed in this timeframe.

Nice machine btw

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 01:05:17 AM

Sorry I should have done this at the beginning, but here are higher res images for you guys:
http://imgur.com/a/MuaUs/all
eff'n gorgeous machine.
/wanttttt
fivebells

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 01:47:55 AM

Not a good fit for me, but thanks for the info.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 03:19:24 PM

How much are you wanting to get out of the rig?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 04:48:07 PM

How much are you wanting to get out of the rig?
The craigslist post was for $1200 or best offer, but as I mentioned above that's about how much I have in it. So obviously I cannot expect to get that much from it.
That being said, feel free to make an offer.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 04:01:11 PM

Bump, any offers?
I would prefer pickup, I'm not sure how well it would ship, seeing as its full of water and stuff.

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:01:18 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 12:45:36 AM by rjk

Dammit, looks like I am the only guy living in Ohio that needs a fast rig.
Starting point for negotiations lets say $800? Make your offers...

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 05:10:33 PM

So I must confess to being a bit stumped as to why someone would WC the CPU and Chipset on one of these things that's clearly intended to be loaded down with GPUs and hence unlikely to be overclocked/need cooling on the CPU and chipset.  Might be somewhat interested if you wanted to  ship to KS.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:18:46 PM

So I must confess to being a bit stumped as to why someone would WC the CPU and Chipset on one of these things that's clearly intended to be loaded down with GPUs and hence unlikely to be overclocked/need cooling on the CPU and chipset.  Might be somewhat interested if you wanted to  ship to KS.

It was built before I had discovered mining, and was intended to be a benchmark buster with Quadro cards and all that. I am building mining rigs now, and on those I am definitely aiming for a low cost everything (except PSU and cards of course).
I could possibly ship it to you, but I would need to tear it down and probably send the bits and bobs in more than one box (as well as emptying out all the coolant and so forth).

rjk (OP)

1ngldh

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 03:38:59 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: