Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The race for a decentralised silkroad is on, but who will win?  (Read 2706 times)
Dofus

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:03:18 AM

Well I guess it represents will the spirit of SDC Cheesy.

Nah seriously, things are getting more precise about the marketplace and the coreteam, soon we'll see the end of this and SDC will start becoming recognized as it should be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:29:20 AM

Hello everybody,

It’s good to see you all so actively supporting Shadow and staying positive as we work towards the release of our decentralized market. As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet on these forums lately when it comes to actively reaching out to all of you with development updates. This doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting still though, because we have a fun week ahead of us. We'll come back to that later.

First of all we are very happy to announce that both Tecnovert and I will be working full-time on Shadow from now on! We're setting our main jobs aside for the upcoming months so that we can really focus on the job at hand. This will obviously result in quicker progress when it comes to releasing new features. Going forward we are also going to post a lot more in terms of development reports. Our team has been working with Shadow community members who are setting up a new website with a development blog to keep you all up to date. So expect regular updates from now on - this one being the first.

The weeks ahead of us are all about ShadowMarket so we are pleased to announce that we have started integrating it into Shadowcore’s back end. We're currently switching from scrypt to SHA-256 so that staking requires less cpu cycles, updating to PoS v2 to improve network stability and working on BIP32 and BIP44 support so that we can support hierarchical / tree categories for the market. Once we are finished with these enhancements, things should start moving significantly faster. We will be making radical changes to the Secure Messaging (ShadowChat), to support Pub/Sub messages, so that people could subscribe to certain categories for the market, where we will then move towards our first round of public alpha/beta testing. We’ve noticed there are lots of questions about how ShadowMarket will work so we have begun gathering them and will answer them in an overview later this week. So much about the upcoming Shadowmarket for now.

We are all still waiting for Isidor Zeuner’s review of our ShadowSend anonymity system in comparison to other anonymous cryptocurrencies. It is still ongoing and we are currently writing more documentation, which is currently our weakest point. We’ve been in contact with Isidor and are trying to give him a helping hand where needed. Please note that it’s quite a task seeing as he will not only study our system but also compare it to the alternatives out there.

As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week.

Thank you all for your support!
IM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!!!

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

WealthyBastard

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:43:23 AM

Thanks to the investors who put their money in the dev' so they can work properly ! Shadow has done so much without fulltime dev that I can't imagine how far they will jump now Cheesy

Don't forget to come on our IRC chat guys ! Here it is : kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#shadowcash
RandomBTCinvestor

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:03:10 PM

https://i.imgur.com/4fsaswc.png

Hello everybody,

It’s good to see you all so actively supporting Shadow and staying positive as we work towards the release of our decentralized market. As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet on these forums lately when it comes to actively reaching out to all of you with development updates. This doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting still though, because we have a fun week ahead of us. We'll come back to that later.

First of all we are very happy to announce that both Tecnovert and I will be working full-time on Shadow from now on! We're setting our main jobs aside for the upcoming months so that we can really focus on the job at hand. This will obviously result in quicker progress when it comes to releasing new features. Going forward we are also going to post a lot more in terms of development reports. Our team has been working with Shadow community members who are setting up a new website with a development blog to keep you all up to date. So expect regular updates from now on - this one being the first.

The weeks ahead of us are all about ShadowMarket so we are pleased to announce that we have started integrating it into Shadowcore’s back end. We're currently switching from scrypt to SHA-256 so that staking requires less cpu cycles, updating to PoS v2 to improve network stability and working on BIP32 and BIP44 support so that we can support hierarchical / tree categories for the market. Once we are finished with these enhancements, things should start moving significantly faster. We will be making radical changes to the Secure Messaging (ShadowChat), to support Pub/Sub messages, so that people could subscribe to certain categories for the market, where we will then move towards our first round of public alpha/beta testing. We’ve noticed there are lots of questions about how ShadowMarket will work so we have begun gathering them and will answer them in an overview later this week. So much about the upcoming Shadowmarket for now.

We are all still waiting for Isidor Zeuner’s review of our ShadowSend anonymity system in comparison to other anonymous cryptocurrencies. It is still ongoing and we are currently writing more documentation, which is currently our weakest point. We’ve been in contact with Isidor and are trying to give him a helping hand where needed. Please note that it’s quite a task seeing as he will not only study our system but also compare it to the alternatives out there.

As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week.

Thank you all for your support!
IM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!!!
http://thebestoflol.com/upload/20140531084314uid15.gif

Thanks to the investors who put their money in the dev' so they can work properly ! Shadow has done so much without fulltime dev that I can't imagine how far they will jump now Cheesy

Don't forget to come on our IRC chat guys ! Here it is : whebchat.freenode.net channel : #shadowcash

Well I've got nothing more to say Cheesy
Hubus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:02:47 PM

Very interested in what becomes of this and other marketplaces. Fuck ebay and fuck paypal!  Grin

I was investigating the market yesterday and I don't see it referred to as a decentralized silk road anywhere official. As far as I can tell it's just a decentralized marketplace and so like Tor could be used for many different purposes.

I'm a law abiding individual, so I don't really care about an illegal goods marketplace. But I am highly interested in a decentralized Ebay alternative for legal stuff. I hate Ebay so much. So fucking much.

Well, if you don't look for complete anonymity, then the race is really on, there are others in this race, like

Bitbay
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.0

And http://nxtfreemarket.com/

So, maybe Ebay will react some day by accepting Bitcoins/altcoins and/or lowering fees? But this might take some time...
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

Openbazaar is seperate from payment mechanism.. Monero simoly wants to replace bitcoin with monero... The restrictive model has shown to not work. I dont expect this to help monero much in terms of adoption.

Nxt free market and syscoin are really thr only ones worth considering because they are onchain implementations and not offchain.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: