Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:16:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Government Vs. Chinese Government and their impact on prices  (Read 587 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:31:24 AM

We all know that the recent attempts by various government agencies around the world to put a clamp on bitcoin has affected the prices pretty drastically.   I'm curious as to your guys opinion on which government's actions have the largest affect on prices. 

Obviously China and United States are the big two in regards to laws and restrictions that could massively help or hurt the bitcoin ecosystem.  Which do you think has a larger influence on prices in the short and long term?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:33:47 AM

I think it's very obvious who has more influence.

troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:37:52 AM

China in my opinion has more power over bitcoin. Because of its large  user base.
Lannister

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:21:29 AM

chinese gov for sure
when they started to attack BTC, price would fall eventually  Angry
and many chinese user of BTC

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:25:08 AM

The Chinese do have a large impact on the price, however I think the U.S. is more important because most bitcoin innovation and commerce is coming out of the U.S. If the U.S. we're to ban bitcoin, but not China, it is likely the Chinese would sell too,  and prices would be below 100.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:33:53 AM

U.S has more impact then china as the most of trade happens in dollars, but if China do something with Bitcoins other countries will also follow.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:14:03 AM

My friend owns some business in the United States and some of them are backed by Chinese Conglomerates (from China obviously).   He said that a lot of the Chinese government has been stocking up on BTC while simultaneously making more and more restrictive guidelines.   He said that this has been happening for quite some time.

Once they feel that they have a large enough holding and feel that they can control the market enough, he feels they will back off on the regulations. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: