Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:02:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any bitcoinnotify alternative?  (Read 1057 times)
kyotoku (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 12:10:55 AM

Is there any one providing transaction notification through HTTP request like bitcoinnotify used to?

I know there is blockchain.info that send email. And instawallet that where you keep a open socket connection. But I am looking specifically for one that sends a HTTP request.

Cross posted at bitcoin stackexchange
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/2374/push-deposit-notification-through-http-requests
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2012, 12:46:52 AM

http://www.bitping.net/

BitPing.Net (BPN) is a service that enables merchants to accept bitcoins with a minimum of effort.
Users add a list of public addresses to be monitored, and BPN sends a notification when a payment is received.
Notifications can currently be made using Email and HTTP POST

To use BPN in a webshop, you need to generate a "large" amount of addresses.
Then upload these addresses to BPN, and select the number of confirmations you require (1-6)
When a customer selects to pay using bitcoin, you select a bitcoin address and assign it to the order.
If the user pays, BPN will send a confirmation email/HTTP POST(once it has been confirmed as many times as requested), which you can use to mark the order as payed.

You can use Vanitygen to generate the addresses, then insert them into your database, and export the addresses to BPN (One address per line, no seperators).
The code for the monitor is opensource, so you can run your own server instead of using BPN if you like.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 03:50:21 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2012, 09:22:46 AM by Stephen Gornick

Is there any one providing transaction notification through HTTP request like bitcoinnotify used to?

I know there is blockchain.info that send email. And instawallet that where you keep a open socket connection. But I am looking specifically for one that sends a HTTP request.

BitcoinNotify used to do an alert on 0 confirmations.  

I suppose a hack method could be put together to trigger an HTTP request when an e-mail's trx notice from blockchain.info arrives.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

MORA

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:55:39 AM

BitcoinNotify used to do on 0 confirmatiosn. 

I suppose a hack method could be put together to trigger an HTTP request when an e-mail's trx notice from blockchain.info arrives.

On many linux based email servers you can redirect a users email to a shell script Smiley
ie. http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1259490
Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 05:24:05 AM

See bitcoinreminder.com..

Works fine for a lot of users Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: