Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Larry/Richard @ vxminers.com stole from a disabled veteran  (Read 1887 times)
kenmor666 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:09:11 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 12:24:20 AM by kenmor666

I hate for this to be one of my first posts, but since it appears I have been ripped off, I have no choice. This is to Larry or whatever your name is from vxminers.com. I hope you enjoy spending the $5k I sent you for miners that have never arrived. I could have used that money to pay off a couple bills or put towards my two daughters tuition, but no, I sent it to you because I guess I am an idiot to believe that you were a legitimate person.
Why did I believe you, well the idea that a scammer would come up with making bitcoin miners in Alaska was so far fetched, I foolishly believed it had to be true. Your email correspondence seemed so genuine as well.
In the case you ever come back to this board and see this, I just want you to think about who you have ripped off. I never lied about who I am. I am a 100% disabled veteran who is unemployable. That means I can't work and live off a pension that does not increase much each year. I have two children who rely on me to feed and clothe them and spend as much quality time with them I can despite my physical and mental problems. I looked to bitcoin to help get some of my bills under control and 5K was all the money I could possibly come up with and now you have it. So thanks for giving a veteran the shaft up my ass, did not even have the courtesy of a reach around.
If a hint of honor happens to enter you body, you can send my 9BTC back to me at this address 1HZHFnUwVBV1P98MNM7rPW1exoKP5cuKCq
Who knows, maybe I will get enough donations to recoup my losses, but I can't count on that. Sleep well with your stolen money. Hope that stealing from a veteran like me was worth it.
If anyone knows who this person is, please call he/she it out for the thief and liar they are.

Here is the link to my wallet with the transactions to Larry's wallet 1BTAFhsRjAyCQtA2FKK4xQG4erKMdtwyDK

https://blockchain.info/address/1HZHFnUwVBV1P98MNM7rPW1exoKP5cuKCq

Here are the last few email conversations with Larry and his partner Richard or whatever their names are from vxminers.com

VX Miner Sales (sales@vxminers.com)

3/22/14

To: 'Kenxx Morxxxxxx'

Shipped out about 14 hours ago Kenny, tracking numbers will go out in the morning when we sort through the spreadsheet they gave us.

From: Kenxx Morxxxxxx [mailto:kenxxmorxxxxxx@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:46 PM
To: VX Miner Sales
Subject: RE: Order #51

Have you shipped the miners yet? I hope so, that was all the money I had in the world and I need to start making it back ASAP. Hope to hear something soon.
Kenny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: kenxxmorxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Order #51
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:56:55 -0400

Hi Kenny,

I just talked to Larry and he said to tell you he has all 3 of yours boxed and you will get your tracking number Saturday morning as soon as we get home.

Thanks for your orders.  

Signed,
Richard – VX miners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nazban

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:18:57 PM

First off thanks for serving our country, and sorry about the scam. What you could do for at least me to attempt to track this guys down is post more information. You say you have emails? Post the header information ex: the ip the email originated from. Post any other information you may have also anything is helpful. I'm not sure if this post will get moved or if you are aloud to post this info so to be safe shoot me a PM with all the information you can.

Who knows what could turn up but these would be the steps I take in a situation like this.
jockular

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

not to say OP is a scammer, but damn, this would be one pretty good meta scam

can you prove your ID at least, so people aren't just "donating" to some other scammer?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:25:39 PM

Ouch man, you really should've just straight up bought BTC instead of being suckered into a mining rig scam.

If the hardware is the size of your arm and costs $5,000, someone is lying to you.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
kenmor666 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:25:44 PM

Sure I can prove my identity. What do you want? VA award letter, military id, Alabama drivers license? Whatever you want, I will provide minus personal info such as address and full name, can't have people I may know seeing this stuff and knowing I was an idiot. Just tell me what you want and I will post it if I can figure out how to do so on this site. Instructions would be nice if provided. I am who I say I am, I would not scam someone because I have integrity and I know how it feels to be taken for a fool.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:24:41 PM

How can someone ship something and then not have a tracking # for another 14hrs?  THIS IS A CLASSIC MOVE BY SCAMMERS.

There are a bunch of things wrong with your post as well but I don't think anyone is in any danger of losing any coin to you so I will stick with vxminers (TheObserver) as the target.

There was ample proof right here in the groupbuy section that this was a scam.  For some unknown reason TheObserver has chosen to continue to logon the BCT and continue to (try) defend this fraudulent miner sale.  I would suggest you post/contact him since he claims they were legit and shipped miners out and even told buyers beforehand that the site would be going down after everything went out.

Can you post the entire history of your dealings with them here?

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
kenmor666 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:18:47 PM

Sure, here is every email conversation I have had with them except for the ones I posted in my original post. Not sure what you mean by my posts have a bunch of things wrong with them, can you elaborate? And I am not here to make anyone "lose" coins to me, although I do understand why you and others are so wary. Yes, I read the group buy stuff, but being new to this, I just could not tell if the scam claims were legitimate or not and after emailing vxminers, I felt that they were real people based on the emails sent to me. Maybe I am just naïve, but I could not see someone coming up with all the different things that were said in their emails. I will also post what I have received from The Observer as well since I did contact him after the website went down.

RE: Order #046‏

VX Miner Sales  

3/14/14  

To: 'Kenxx Morxxxxxx'

sales@vxminers.com

Hi Kenxx,

Brackets are working like a dream, no more vibration, no more noise. Everything is still right on schedule.  Got about 18 of them done today.

Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 5:06 PM
Subject: RE: Order #046

How is your custom bracket working? Is everything still on schedule? Thank you again for your trust in me, can't wait to get those machines up and running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:19:11 -0400

Kenxx,

You know, if it were anyone else I would probably tell you it’s a day late and a dollar short, but you seem to be a good fella and haven’t given me no problems like the rest of these kids that ordered machines have. So I’ll tell you what I’m going to do. I’ll ship all 3 of them at the same time so you can just get them all set up and get it done with. You pay me for the second one through the normal payment address, and I will cover the BTC with my business partner from my own personal wallet for the 3rd one until you can pay me back directly. I’ll send you one of my personal wallet addresses to send payment for the 3rd  as it will have floated out of my wallet directly. That way you for sure get 3 machines and I don’t have to deal with anything in terms of shipping after they all get sent out in bulk. I’m going to trust you with this one because you put your trust in us so you just pay me back before April 15th and we will call it fair, and after all is said and done you be sure and let everyone else who called us a scam, harassed our manufacturer of the boards and anyone else who caused us problems know that we took good care of you and that your machines are happy mining away and they cannot get them anymore because they are sold out so they have to go shop with the pay today get your miner in a year….. maybe…… people.

--Larry

VX Miners

Kenxx Morxxxxxx [mailto:kenxxmorxxxxxx@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:27 PM

Okay, that sounds good. I will make sure the funds are there prior to the 21st because I do want the second machine, just can't leave the family with no money for a week until I get my check. I am still going to ask because all you can do is say no, but I wanted to know if it would be possible to hold an extra machine beyond the two I am going to pay for that I could purchase a few weeks after I get my two machines up and running so I can have 3 machines total? I know you are not Kmart doing layaway, but that is the only way I can get a 3rd machine at this point. Since I have paid for one machine already and will do so with the other, at least you can be comfortable that I will pay for the 3rd machine as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Kenxx

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:12:51 -0400

Kenxx,

Good afternoon sir, We only have about a dozen of them assembled at current as we have been plugging them in and running them as they get assembled to make sure everything is perfect on them and noticed that due to the case design the two front fans on about half of them vibrate  quite annoyingly because of their position on the heat sinks. We got 2 4X8 sheets of aluminum and are fabricating a custom bracket to mount them to resolve the problem on each machine. Even though we are only making 250 in total and only selling 200 of them, most of our customers ordered from us because we are small, each machine is handmade and VERY well built, so we could not in good faith ship machines when we knew about half of them would be very noisy due to vibration. It is not much of a setback really.  We were originally hoping to have them all finished on the 19th and ship them the following Friday/Saturday but had high hopes of shipping half of them this weekend to make it a nice surprise for our customers.

We will still be shipping on the original schedule and as long as the funds are in by the morning of the 21st before we load the last of them on the boat and take off for town, you can still get yours shipped.

We have finalized the deal with the people in California and they will be taking every machine we have left over that has not been spoken for when we ship the machines. But what I have done is reserved another order for you ( Order # 51 ) for your second machines so I could get your first order processed and info into the computer for shipping. Un-fortunately if you miss it on Friday morning when we leave for town, we will be out of machines as the leftovers are all going to California.

For now, I have your 1 machine processed, and if you do get the second one please be sure and reference order #51 on that order as my partner Richard will be processing all the orders next week for us for sure so I can keep fabricating brackets and getting them put in to make 1000000% for sure they ship on time. We are trying our hardest to be the first outfit that ever shipped their miners on time in the history of ASIC miners.

Thanks,

--Larry

VX Miners  

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:44 PM
Subject: Order #046

I sent 4.2198 BTC to your wallet just now which is for one machine. I am a little short on funds for the second machine and wanted to know if you would be able to hold it for me until the 20th when I receive my monthly check? If you are shipping some completed machines this weekend, would it be possible to ship mine this weekend so I can hopefully get it and start getting familiar with it before the 20th?
My BTC address is 1HZHFnUwVBV1P98MNM7rPW1exoKP5cuKCq
Shipping address is
Kenxx Morxxxxxx
xxx Noxxx Txxxx
Mobile, AL. 36xxx
Thank you
Kenxx

Subject: RE: 3rd contact attempt. Progress on your miners
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 19:38:05 -0400

Kenxx,

I did NOT cancel your order, We just got back from town with all the components about an hour ago and will begin assembling probably a dozen of them tonight at least before I head to bed. Just please make sure you reference order # 046 when you order to avoid a duplicate order as sometimes its my business partner that processes them at night. If we can get at least the 101 Machines that are ordered already assembled by Friday night I might head to town on the boat and ship out the first 101 this weekend which would put them in your hands by the 19th hopefully.  

--Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 6:40 PM

Just wanted to make sure you did not cancel my order 046. I should have my bitcoin to send by Wednesday or Thursday. I would rather get a machine that is supposed to be ready in two weeks than a pre order that is "scheduled" to ship on a certain date. As a disabled veteran who is not able to work at this time, I need to get these machines as soon as possible so they can start providing some income to help with the bills that are piling up.
Thank you,
Kenxx

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 20:31:06 -0500

Kenxx,

No problem at all, just please be sure and take her to dinner or something. Only two weeks left and I don’t need another angry wife e-mailing me every day until these things ship. *Laughs*, I might ship a few early around next weekend as I have to take my wife into town next Saturday to go shopping for groceries for the month. Might as well take advantage of being in town and get some of them out of my way so I have room to assemble more.

Night,

--Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:59 PM

No don't cancel my order, she will just have to trust bitcoin weather she wants to or not. Thanks for getting back to me.

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 19:40:53 -0500

Hi Kenxx,

Sorry, but we are not accepting checks this close to shipment as even a certified bank check or postal money order check can have a stop payment and reversal placed on it up to 45 days. I’d get you in touch with the reseller who bought 50 of them in Florida as I know he would take a check, but I think he intends on hanging on to his until they are all sold so he can up the price to all the people who hesitated and sell it to them, and I don’t think that would be fair to you to pay more for yours when we are not sold out yet.

I think HashFast is taking direct bank wires for their machines right now and its only about $650 more to get 2 TH/s through them and they said they are shipping this batch May 1st so you would only really be waiting about a month and a half or so longer and you could keep your wife happy. Trust me, after 19 years of marriage the one thing I have learned is a happy wife is a happy life.  I haven’t processed orders in a few days as we were getting prepped for mass assembly but I will be getting to it tomorrow so if you want I can cancel your order no problem. I fully understand your position as my wife still does not understand bitcoin at all either. Just let me know ASAP as I will be gone from Sunday night to mid Tuesday afternoon as I have to take the boat up to the city to pick up all the components that are arriving on Monday so I will be away from the computer for about a day and a half.

Have a good night,

--Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:05 PM

Thank you for your patience Larry. I have the funds in my bank account finally. Now my wife wants to know if I can send a certified check to you since she just does not understand Bitcoin no matter how many times I have explained it to her and she thinks anyone can abscond with my funds.

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 16:59:11 -0500

Kenxx,

The will mine any SHA-256 coin as long as you use Multi-Miner as your miner software client. The WILL NOT mine script coins like litecoin. I have set 2 miners aside for you and your order number is 046 so please be sure when you send funds and send the e-mail to reference order #046. The will hold until the 12th in the system, if you need longer you will need to e-mail me again on the 12th so I can mark them again.

It’s always a pleasure doing business with the grown up’s. Dealing with all these kids because of this could drive a preacher to swear.

Thank you for your business

--Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:26 PM

I understand, I will place an order before the 19th for two miners, just have to convert my dollars to bitcoin which may take a few days. So could you please hold two for me while I do that? Do the miners mine all sha-256 coins? No I am not a kid, I am 37 and missed out on bitcoin in 09 because there were not a lot of resources for help in figuring out the miner and I was on active duty working 12-16 hour shift and a second job on the side so no time either.
Thanks,
Kenxx

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:19:01 -0500

Production is right on schedule, only had a minute to speak with them today but they said they should be shipping the populated boards tomorrow which is about a day earlier than we expected. None the less because of the weekend they still wont arrive here until Monday I think but that is still enough time for us to begin shipping on the19th.  There is no problem with being whipped. My wife keeps me on a tight leash too, she has been freaking out about spending all our bitcoin on this project.  It wanst 6 months ago when I was happy to tell her we were filthy rich because of bitcoin, and 2 months ago I tell her were broke until these machines sell because I invested every dollar we had in bitcoin in getting them made so we could get some machines for ourselves at a discount.

As for escrow, To be honest, when you first wrote I thought you were just another one of those kids wasting my time like the other dozen e-mails I get a day with that stuff. After weeks of discussion with my business partner, we have decided we are not going to go down that road. If we did it for one person we would have to do it for everyone, and we just are not set up to deal with all that. The logistics of just getting these things assembled and shipped is already a full plate of work for just two guys in their garages and we just don’t want to add another 3rd party, and another step in the processes to get these things shipped and get paid for our work and time. We are talking with a group of guys in Southern California right now that wants to take everything we have left on the 19th before we ship as long as we cut out what little profit we had out of them and sell them as a bulk order, and with that it seemed like a better option to us than to get into another logistics nightmare with escrows and other middle men. It’s nothing personal, or for that matter its not even business, It has been a long two and a half months and we just want to be done with it all so we can get back to living life and mining bitcoins and doing other things we enjoy.

If your not comfortable placing an order with us, I can recommend that you check e-bay right now. I have seen a lot of hardware moving across there at some ok prices.  Not under $3 per GH/s but still better than what has been cycling around this past few months. There are several other companies out there right now that can have machines shipped by May if you order right now, granted you are not going to get escrow with them either, but they have been around longer, and they care about the future images of their business so they might be a better option for you, We are just running a few small production runs of hardware to get a discount on our own, for that matter we don’t even know if we want to embark on finishing the VX-2 design with the Minion chips after the headaches of the VX-1

Thank you for your interest either way, and my apologies that we cannot be more accommodating. Were just not big enough to deal with all the requests we get for special circumstances that people keep e-mailing us about.  

--Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:08 AM

Okay, last questions I have, thank you for your patience. I will not get 4, my wife will allow me to get 2 (yes I am whipped). Will you do escrow for 2 miners because I definitely want both of them.  I have no problem with your escrow suggestions. I also wanted to know if the miners will mine any SHA-256 coin or Bitcoin only. How is the production process going?
Thank you
Kenxx

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 12:08:44 -0500

I would be comfortable doing escrow for 1 unit if we used John K or Tomato Cage. But 4 is a little more than I want to be trusting of on my end, with all of the recent financial crimes in the bitcoin world as of late ( Mt Gox)  when you cannot trust the first ever bitcoin exchange it makes it hard to trust anyone holding onto anyone’s bitcoin except the parties directly involved.

Let me know if you want to do 1 with escrow and I will get ahold of one of the two escrows listed above, otherwise if you want to order 4 you are going to have to trust the process like everyone else has thus far.

--Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 5:24 PM

I had one more question I forgot to ask. Will you accept escrow for these miners? I would like to buy 4 and 10k is a lot to pay someone who I don't know and have never met especially with a payment that is irrevocable. If so, could you put 4 aside for me and give me a week or so to convert my fiat into bitcoin? I like to use btc-asia.com for escrow, but if you have another you want to use, let me know.
Thank you
Kenxx

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:19:02 -0600

Hi Kenxx,

My apologies for the website, we were without internet up here in the cove for almost 2 weeks so we are way behind on the website and e-mails. I will be processing through the e-mails and updating the total amount left for sale by the end of the day. I know its less than 137, but more than 30 just by glancing at our bitcoin wallets.

Chips did arrive at the assembly house as of yesterday, should have miners ready to ship within about two weeks I expect. I hope that answered
your questions.  If you have any more please do not hesitate to ask.

-Larry

VX Miners

Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 12:03 PM
To: sales@vxminers.com
Subject: 3rd contact attempt. Progress on your miners

I have emailed you a couple of times with no response. I wanted to know the status of your miners. Have you received your chips? How many do you have left for sale as your website still shows 137 which I tend to think is incorrect. Are you still on time for mid March delivery? How is the weather up there in King Cove?
Thank you,
Ken I Mor

Looking back, I see red flags with changing stories about accepting escrow and checks, but I don't think like that so I just dismissed them at the time. Yes I do have some responsibility in getting scammed, but I don't think I deserved what happened, of course no one who gets ripped off feels that way.
kenmor666 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:27:42 PM

Here are the messages between me and The Observer. Maybe I have not learned my lesson, but I just don't think he/she is the scammer. Why would someone who is a scammer continue trying to mislead me after the scam is over and they have my money? Could be a classic scam tactic, but I don't know.

The Observer

Activity: 84

Re: Heard from Larry @VX miners?
« Sent to: kenmor666  on: March 25, 2014, 12:18:05 AM »

« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
 Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete   

Quote from: kenmor666 on March 24, 2014, 11:35:49 PM

I am aware you attempted a group buy from Larry @ VXminers.com but got nothing but static from this board about it being a scam. I purchased 2 miners from them and they were supposed to send me a tracking ID this weekend, but I have not heard from them despite sending multiple emails from multiple email addresses to ensure my email was not the problem. Have you heard from them since they shipped and have you received a tracking number? I hope it is just internet problems on their end since I communicated with them often and they seemed nice and genuine. I am a disabled veteran who can not work and can't afford to have this turn out to be a scam after all.

Hi kenmor,

I spoke with them today actually, i got a little concerned when their website went down. I have richards phone number and gave them a call, i guess they took the website down due to massive amounts of spam mail from younger people just being assholes. I guess taking the site down messed up their e-mails he said. I did not get a tracking number, nor did anyone. UPS gave them the list on a CD as a spreadsheet since there were so many individual orders shipping, then come to find out they didnt match them to addresses Richard said when they got the file open it was just a list of tracking numbers, no names or addresses associated with them. They were pretty pissed at UPS to say the least. Never the less i got my miners tonight from the UPS guy, but i live in Washington right near where the UPS sort facility is and all freight from Alaska comes here before anywhere. I'm sure you will get yours in the next day or two if you didnt get it today. My friends on the other side of washington said they got theirs too. I got one of mine running, but am having problems getting the second one to get on the router. i think its my router though not the miner but time will tell.   

The Observer

Activity: 84

Re: Contact Information for VX Miners
« Sent to: kenmor666  on: March 29, 2014, 01:23:21 AM »

Quote from: kenmor666 on March 28, 2014, 11:46:43 PM

In case you did not receive any of my previous messages, would you be so kind as to provide a phone number or personal email address for Larry or Richard so I may contact them on the status of my shipment?
Thank you,
Kenny

Kenmore,

As much as i would like to have the magic answer for you, unfortunately i am not the customer service department for VX Miners, and i am in no way affiliated with or a representative of those guys. I have my own problems as both of my miners quit working over a day ago and i cannot seem to get them up and running, nor make contact with the guys who made them anymore to get any help with getting them running. The best i could advise is message them on the forum here, i know larry had an account here but i messaged him on it yesterday and received no reply yet. Maybe you will have better luck than i am having. 

The Observer

« Sent to: kenmor666  on: March 31, 2014, 10:52:36 PM »

Quote from: kenmor666 on March 31, 2014, 08:43:58 PM

Have any luck getting your miners up and running and if so, what was the problem? Did you ever get ahold of anyone at vx miners and if you did, could you pass any contact info my way. Still no trace of my miners, hope they come soon.
Thanks,
Kenxx

No luck getting them running, someone told me it was fuses but i replaced them all and still no prevail. It seems any means of contact i had for them is no longer valid. No e-mail, no phone, no anything. I think they vanished. Strange you did not get your miners though, i talked to a few other people who got theirs last week already and of them about half are having the same problem that i am. They are crap machines if you ask me.... When yours do show up, i would advise selling them before plugging them in. 

The Observer

« Sent to: kenmor666  on: Today at 02:43:42 AM »

Quote from: kenmor666 on April 01, 2014, 12:14:56 AM

Sorry about your machines not working, that sucks, hopefully you can get them up and running. Of the people you know that received their machines, what is the furthest distance from you that someone has gotten their machine? Not someone on the West Coast, but someone in Texas or Florida or something. Thanks for your replies.
Kenxx

There was a guy in Europe who received his yesterday that i was talking with trying to figure out how to get mine fixed. He gave me some good instructions but if it does not work i am just going to sell them to the guys at OnlyAsics as a broken machines so i can get at least some of my money back.

Just a thought, have you checked with your neighbors and stuff? I have had UPS leave things with my neighbors when i was not home to accept delivery, kind of freaked me out because i do not know my neighbors and yet they come knocking on my door saying UPS left something with them for me. If a guy in Europe got his miners already, you should have defiantly gotten yours by now

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:13:37 PM

ken,

Just scanning these messages confirms what has pretty much been the prevailing thought here, which is that TheObserver IS the scammer.  In your PM's he is telling you how they vanished but in the main GB thread he claims that everyone who purchased miners from them were told in advance that the site would be going down after shipping.

You are waiting your time PM'ing with him...HE IS THE GUY WHO RIPPED YOU OFF.

kenmor666 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

Okay, so how do I go about getting my BTC back from him or finding where he lives so I can get the police involved? If he was close to me, I would give him a 5K ass whipping disabled or not. I have a nice, heavy cane I can use on him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:53:18 PM

If you can figure that out you'd have a thriving business awaiting you.

In the main thread he claimed to be from the East Coast but in his PM's he tells you he's from Washington.  First he claimed he got both but only one was working.  PM's to you say they are both broke.

You won't get any help from the site either.  Many people before you have been down that dead end road.

As for why these people continue to defend their absurd positions and use the same user name when it takes longer to fart than to create a new ID, I have no idea.  Maybe one day someone will catch up to this POS and find out the answer with a baseball bat.

kenmor666 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:49:26 PM

I just can't believe that someone would take such advantage of someone who gave this country all I had. It is pathetic and a slap in the face for all those years I spent in the service. Maybe he should go over to the big sandbox and see how he likes it. I doubt he would last 5 minutes there. Unless someone knows who he is, it looks like I am screwed unless someone decides to do a good deed and donate some BTC to me (hint hint to The Observer or Larry or whatever your name is).
jockular

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:48:48 PM

"Thank you for your patience Larry. I have the funds in my bank account finally. Now my wife wants to know if I can send a certified check to you since she just does not understand Bitcoin no matter how many times I have explained it to her and she thinks anyone can abscond with my funds. "

Damn dude, you DO owe your wife dinner.  Shocked
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:32:11 PM

And your friendly neighborhood POS TheObserver is STILL logging in here just not posting.  Will BCT EVER step up and give people who have been robbed by these people anything to help them recover their loss or will they continue their pattern of enabling?

The site has this uers's IP Address.  It would at least be SOMETHING to help but will they give it up?
NOPE.

Just like the countless other scams that this place has facilitated.  Add this one to the list.

The people in charge of this site are co-conspirators after the fact.

Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:40:56 AM

I'm not a veteran or disabled, but I too got taken in by this one.  I only ordered 1 machine, but it was a large sum for me (nearly 8.5% of my yearly income).  I also can prove my identity, if needed.  Just tell me what is needed.  Here is a link from my wallet to Larry's wallet 1BTAFhsRjAyCQtA2FKK4xQG4erKMdtwyDK.

https://blockchain.info/tx/5f277780260c97638fe876ac108ba2354634feb477d6cc1b9c512ef8a820c25a

I'm assuming there's no recourse for these funds, but in case I'm wrong, I'm posting what I can in the hopes that someone smarter than me can look at it.  I can also, post my emails with "Larry", if wanted/needed.  It's my wish that if I cannot get my money back, that I at least make this bastard uncomfortable.  I just don't know what to do with these.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my money back, I just don't believe it'll happen at this point.

Whois for vxminers.com

Code:
WHOIS information for vxminers.com:**

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.melbourneit.com]
[Querying whois.melbourneit.com]
[whois.melbourneit.com]
Domain Name: vxminers.com
Registry Domain ID: 1844163866_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Registrar URL: http://www.melbourneit.com.au
Updated Date: 2014-01-26T11:41:01Z
Creation Date: 2014-01-25T01:50:19Z

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-01-25T01:50:19Z
Registrar: Melbourne IT Ltd
Registrar IANA ID: 13
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@melbourneit.com.au
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +61.386242300
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Bitcoin Society
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: PO Box 61359
Registrant City: Sunnyvale
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 94088
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.5105952002
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: contact@myprivateregistration.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: PO Box 61359 registered post accepted only
Admin City: Sunnyvale
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 94088
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.5105952002
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: contact@myprivateregistration.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: TECH PrivateRegContact
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: PO Box 61359 registered post accepted only
Tech City: Sunnyvale
Tech State/Province: CA
Tech Postal Code: 94088
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.5105952002
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: contact@myprivateregistration.com
Name Server: NS14.MIDPHASE.COM
Name Server: NS16.MIDPHASE.COM
Name Server: NS15.MIDPHASE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdrprs.internic.net
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-04-12T03:18:13Z
TERMS OF USE OF MELBOURNE IT WHOIS DATABASE
The WHOIS database is operated by Melbourne IT Ltd ('we', 'our' or 'us'). Your access to, and use of, our WHOIS database and the information made available on our WHOIS database is subject to these Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. All information contained in our WHOIS database is provided 'as is'. We take no responsibility for any error or omission in our WHOIS database. The data in our WHOIS database is provided to you for your information only. You may use the information in our WHOIS database only for the purpose of obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record ('Permitted Purpose'). You agree not to use high-volume, automated electronic processes to access or query our WHOIS database. By submitting a WHOIS query to us, you agree that you will only use the data obtained from a WHOIS query for the Permitted Purpose and for lawful purposes, and that you will not: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of any Registry Operator or ICANN-Accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing domain name registrations. You also agree that the copying, reproduction, translation, compilation, re-packaging, dissemination or other use of the data in our WHOIS database is prohibited without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to terminate your access to our WHOIS database at any time, and for any reason, including (without limitation) if you fail to comply with any provision of these Terms of Use, or we consider that you are excessively querying our WHOIS database. These Terms of Use may be modified by us at any time without notice by our amending the Terms of Use on this web page. You agree that your use of our WHOIS database following any modification to these Terms of Use will constitute your acceptance of these Terms

The contact email listed here was contact@myprivateregistration.com

Below is a whois on that domain

Code:
WHOIS information for myprivateregistration.com:**

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.melbourneit.com]
[Querying whois.melbourneit.com]
[whois.melbourneit.com]
Domain Name: myprivateregistration.com
Registry Domain ID: 136781554_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Registrar URL: http://www.melbourneit.com.au
Updated Date: 2013-12-03T07:45:48Z
Creation Date: 2004-12-06T22:13:09Z

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-12-06T22:13:09Z
Registrar: Melbourne IT Ltd
Registrar IANA ID: 13
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@melbourneit.com.au
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +61.386242300
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Merlbourne IT Ltd
Registrant Organization: Melbourne IT Ltd
Registrant Street: "Level 2, 120 King Street"
Registrant City: Melbourne
Registrant State/Province: VIC
Registrant Postal Code: 3000
Registrant Country: AU
Registrant Phone: +61.386242300
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: mitcorpnames@melbourneit.com.au
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Account Manager
Admin Organization: Melbourne IT Ltd
Admin Street: "Level 2, 120 King Street"
Admin City: Melbourne
Admin State/Province: VIC
Admin Postal Code: 3000
Admin Country: AU
Admin Phone: +61.386242300
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: mitcorpnames@melbourneit.com.au
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Account Manager
Tech Organization: Melbourne IT Ltd
Tech Street: "Level 2, 120 King Street"
Tech City: Melbourne
Tech State/Province: VIC
Tech Postal Code: 3000
Tech Country: AU
Tech Phone: +61.386242300
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: mitcorpnames@melbourneit.com.au
Name Server: NS1.MELBOURNEIT.COM.AU
Name Server: NS2.MELBOURNEIT.COM.AU
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdrprs.internic.net
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-04-11T16:47:41Z
TERMS OF USE OF MELBOURNE IT WHOIS DATABASE
The WHOIS database is operated by Melbourne IT Ltd ('we', 'our' or 'us'). Your access to, and use of, our WHOIS database and the information made available on our WHOIS database is subject to these Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. All information contained in our WHOIS database is provided 'as is'. We take no responsibility for any error or omission in our WHOIS database. The data in our WHOIS database is provided to you for your information only. You may use the information in our WHOIS database only for the purpose of obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record ('Permitted Purpose'). You agree not to use high-volume, automated electronic processes to access or query our WHOIS database. By submitting a WHOIS query to us, you agree that you will only use the data obtained from a WHOIS query for the Permitted Purpose and for lawful purposes, and that you will not: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of any Registry Operator or ICANN-Accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing domain name registrations. You also agree that the copying, reproduction, translation, compilation, re-packaging, dissemination or other use of the data in our WHOIS database is prohibited without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to terminate your access to our WHOIS database at any time, and for any reason, including (without limitation) if you fail to comply with any provision of these Terms of Use, or we consider that you are excessively querying our WHOIS database. These Terms of Use may be modified by us at any time without notice by our amending the Terms of Use on this web page. You agree that your use of our WHOIS database following any modification to these Terms of Use will constitute your acceptance of these Ter

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:24:27 PM

in the emails it almost looks like each time you had a valid concern they were hnting they were gonna scam and gave fairly good suggestions to use another company etc etc... obviously they scammed and knew what they were doing, but i get the impression the guy emailing back to you was trying to get you to not use them, without making it to obvious, for what ever reason (i.e boss not kicking his head in etc etc) if ya get what i mean..

maybe i am reading to much into it, or not enough.

and yeah to the dude who said its another scam the forum helped facilitate... +1
i'm glad more and more and people are seeing what is really going on here...

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:51:49 PM

This deserves a bump as "The Observer" is now back posting on the forum.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

AND he still claims to not be the scammer but admits that the miners he started the group buy for were.  Read the thread and notice the post where he says he received his miners.

Starts group buy for unheard of mining Co.
People accuse of him scamming.
He denies & attacks those who call BS.
He claims to have gotten his hardware.
Shows back up on forum a year later and admits that is was a scam but he was not involved in it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: