Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XTN]Traincoin - Reaching out to all designers! Voting on ecoinfund!  (Read 12025 times)
traincoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:28:15 PM

Roughly 2600 blocks are mined, over a quarter of the way before a block subsidy increase! Get in before difficulty increases!
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:34:16 PM

We are waiting for more pools

traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:28:57 PM

Anyone who is considering making pools, please so do as we are willing to up the bounty for you  Wink

We are also look for more nodes  Smiley

-------
Can anyone please confirm that this pool is valid?

http://xtn.okaypool.com/
traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:30:45 PM

An XTN reddit is up! We want to get everyone involved!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Traincoin/

Please join and bring your friends along, there is free XTN for all  Cheesy
uberperson

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:03:51 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 07:59:02 PM by uberperson

http://pool.uberpools.org/stats 163 blocks now!
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:17:32 PM

i sounds like a good coin
traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:35:10 PM

i sounds like a good coin

Send me your XTN address  Smiley
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:20:41 PM

You might be interested as to why I said 7M coins while the graph only shows ~3M.

Traincoin will have a 50% premine of which 48% will be used to distribute to the citizens of Cape Town, South Africa!

Maildrop:The coins will be mail dropped 60 days after the launch of this coin (a few days after the block subsidy hits baseline, which makes this an interesting ride!). We will try to reach everyone in the whole of Cape Town via their postbox. 1% of the premine will go towards covering these costs (this includes leaflets and flyers that will be handed out where-ever possible). Another 1% of this premine will go towards bounties and giveaways. (Note: This will have a transparent public ledger. There is in total a 50% premine. We will be getting designers on board to design paper wallets and the leaflets/brochures/video for a big market push. The mail that will be dropped will go through SAPO (South African Post Office). As said, the cost will be covered by the premine. Things included in the letter will be the address with assigned private key. The address will most likely contain just 1 XTN. It will also cover the basis on how to use the client, and how to use the android app (There is a bounty available for this). If you are a designer/artist interested in getting involved, please let us know. You will get a bounty for your effort. More details to follow soon.

You are fucking kidding us right?
Another mail drop scam?
Whats to stop you from delivering 40% and keeping the rest? or 30%? or 20%?

How will we know exactly how much was actually delivered to these people?

This is obviously discounting the retardation of the entire concept of mailing paper wallets with crypto to a large population of non technically savvy people.

I just, I don't even. I've never really been so far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Every coin will be given out to the people of Cape Town. Paper wallets will be handed with the simplest of instructions. We will post pictures of preparation before the mail drop, if that helps. This is not one of noob scams just for a few coins. We will keep things transparent.

Right, anyone can say "we will keep things transparent" but it doesn't mean you CAN or you WILL.
You are basically saying "hey, just trust us with this money".

Which is something we need to stop doing.
Encouraging people to put their trust in anonymous entities is doing the cryptocurrency community a disservice.

Again, even if you "hand out" paper wallets to these people, how many of them are actually going to use those paper wallets? How many are just going to throw them in the trash?
If they use the paper wallets, what are they actually going to do with them?
How many of these people actually have computers?
Do you live in Cape Town? Is that why you want to hand them out there?
Can you verify that the people "handing out the paper wallets" are not handing out one to the people and one to their own wallets?

If you are 250,000 miles away in another country, whats to stop those people from keeping half of all the paper wallets for themselves?
NOTHING

These are all glaring holes in security/logic that you have not addressed.
Where is the whitepaper? Where is the accountability? Where is the transparency?

You just got an idea one night "hey ill make my own cryptocurrency" but haven't put any real thought into it?
If you have, well you have underestimated the stupidity of the community or overestimated your own intelligence.

Don't just say "don't worry, we will make this work".  Roll Eyes
You are trying to make a world-wide currency, try making it look like you put some thought into this.
Evgen348

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:18:19 PM

Traincoin (XTN) Pool
http://xtn.altcoin-pool.ru
artiface

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:03:20 AM

block explorer
http://explorer.trainco.in
Mi

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:37:13 AM

...my wallet doesn´t sync...what should i do?
Evgen348

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:12:24 PM

...my wallet doesn´t sync...what should i do?
Create Fail TrainCoin.conf
Code:
C:\Users\pk1\AppData\Roaming\TrainCoin

Code: (TrainCoin.conf)
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=train
rpcpassword=coin
rpcport=40072
addnode=108.61.202.110
addnode=204.12.193.178
addnode=198.23.242.217

Mi

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:27:56 PM

...it works...

Great, thank you.
scam_exposer

Activity: 252

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:55:52 PM

Get on the profit train! Early adopters = Big Rewards!

That pretty much says it all.

Pump and DUMP.  Nothing more.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:41:31 PM

@TheMightyX. Would it help if we video everything prepared and video that we send all wallets+instructions? We would even video/stream going to the post office and posting it.

@evgen348, thank you for the additional pool! Send your XTN address for the bounty. PM'ed

@artiface, thank you for your block explorer! You bounty has been paid out.

@krazdo, thank you for the add! Please help to vote this up!  Smiley

@evgen348, thank you for your fix. traincoin.conf seems to work fine for some, and TrainCoin.conf works for others. Added to OP

@scam_exposer, you could argue that bitcoin was a scam too then, since early adopters have the biggest rewards Smiley

-------------------

We are still looking for more nodes. Please message us if you are able to become a node Smiley
uberperson

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:35:11 PM

Anyone who is considering making pools, please so do as we are willing to up the bounty for you  Wink

We are also look for more nodes  Smiley

-------
Can anyone please confirm that this pool is valid?

http://xtn.okaypool.com/

Got another node up :
Code:
addnode=162.221.184.173
traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:37:53 PM

Thank you uberperson!

Github source available! https://github.com/traincoinproject/TrainCoin-1
coiner777

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:22:40 AM

Get on the profit train! Early adopters = Big Rewards!

That pretty much says it all.

Pump and DUMP.  Nothing more.

THE IPO IS CANCELLED DUE TO NEGATIVE ACTIVITY FORM FRAUDULENT USERS! ALL BTC PAID WILL BE REFUNDED TO USERS.

There is a network of scammers that post bad things about a coin and then demand BTC to erase the posts: scam_exposer and sitefive.

This is the proof a PM sent to us, now they demand us BTC to erase all those posts:

http://s16.postimg.org/hohih3nr9/scamx.jpg

Now we know what were they real reasons. I hope that maybe that is not the real reason and they can apologise now for the things they said. That will prove them to be not scammers and maybe they were just wrong about us.

We are now just going to launch the coin without an IPO. We have erase the IPO from main post. Just to proof these people they were doing lies and trying to make schemes with posting bad stuff then demand BTC to erase the posts. We will launch the coin!

As soon as we communicate with our web developer will update the site about it too.

EDIT: thimo is not part of this PMs, please don't hold anything bad about him or post bad things in his thread. We wish them good luck with their coin. Our apologies.

Shutup Scam Exposer, we all know you run the real SCAM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553124.msg6039800#msg6039800
traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

We have been making good progress so far!

Some short term goals:

-Get more services (coinOk is one option)
-Get on an exchange (we have been emailing quite a lot, but we still need your help)
-Get artists on board. A revamp would do well!
-Increased general XTN exposure

I have been doing my best to keep up with the coin and a job and personal life commitments, but all is well. There might be a slight delay to those on the other forum and on reddit for free XTN. These will still be given asap Smiley
traincoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:16:03 AM

There were talks about having a logo competition, and I think it would be a good idea to get an idea of interest.

Who would participate in an XTN logo contest? There would be a bounty for the winner, possibly smaller rewards for the runners-up.

Please comment below  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: