Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HOC] ★ HouseofCoins | Community | Business | Power  (Read 46593 times)
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:05:22 AM

Very excited about this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uberperson

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 02:08:23 AM

Got a pool up ! http://hoc.uberpools.org/ 0% fees all day long ! Also will provide a node once the coin has released.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:15:33 AM

So in a way, this is kinda like a private multipool run by the majority of the poeple who participate. The people with the bigger number is their wallets gets more voting power. So this is kinda like a POS, but more productive way right? Those who hoose to sell their HOC reduces their voting power? Or am I reading it wrong here? The wallet address would be scanned for each poll?

That's a good overall assessment.

Everyone buys-in(a house seat). The funds are collected and put into a house fund. This fund can only be used if the majority of the house votes to access it. The more you invest the more coins you will get. The more coins you have the more voting power you have(with a maximum rule of 10%).

In the hypothetical assumption that the house decides to buy a "KNC ASIC Miner" shares will be allocated based on coin ownership. So the more coins you have the more profits from the "asic miner" you will get. This also transfers over to a hypothetical business venture. The more coins you have the more profits from that venture you will receive. This system incentivises the more active users. Active users will rise to the top and have more clout/power on how the houses' "funds" will be used.

Whenever there are decisions to be made. A house member will create a poll and get preliminary feedback on the raised proposition. If it goes to the final vote "house of polls" and it's not unanimous, a [HOC] address will need to be present along with a vote. Now an accurate vote count can be calculated(using a block-explorer to prove coin ownership percentages).

I haven't invested in this yet the main reason is that the house will likely end up as a collection of people who have simply invested btc. What the house needs to have in order to be effective is to have a number skilled people, business people, programmers, developers etc - Would it be possible to allocate a few seats as 'to be decided' in order to invite skilled people to join at a later date, people who would be an asset to the project - these people would be relevant to the business path the house decides to follow.?

Question:
You raise a great question. The house will be mostly Investors and no people with real skills.

Attempt to Answer:
The house will be made up of all types of people. People may surprise you and have some of these skills that you hold valuable(one programmer, who is a member, has already offered to contribute their skills). If the house does not have a skill, hopefully the house at-least has the skill to seek out skillful people and bring them on board as a "TEMP MEMBER" to help on a project.  Some house members are great traders who love challenges and push themselves everyday. These people are the ones who know what business to get into and what is worth investing into or not. It's a skill and it takes a seasoned investor to make good decisions. Some VC's say it took them 40 years to learn how to be good at investing in start ups. We are in this to win. We should utilize all resources and skills that we collectively have.

The house can vote to let in more members later, on a selective one by one basis. The house is all powerful when working in unison.

We can use HouseofCoins as a platform to grow from and eventually become much bigger and influential. Branching out and growing bigger is a natural occurrence.

We should set up a multipool that pays out in HOC like some other coin are doing, that the Titan can mine on as well.  This way people who do not have shares can join the mining pool and profit from this coin as well.  With the Titan as well as other miners putting buy pressure on the coin (because the Titan would pay out in HOC to shareholders) the coin should do well.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
brammien

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:38:01 AM

So in a way, this is kinda like a private multipool run by the majority of the poeple who participate. The people with the bigger number is their wallets gets more voting power. So this is kinda like a POS, but more productive way right? Those who hoose to sell their HOC reduces their voting power? Or am I reading it wrong here? The wallet address would be scanned for each poll?

That's a good overall assessment.

Everyone buys-in(a house seat). The funds are collected and put into a house fund. This fund can only be used if the majority of the house votes to access it. The more you invest the more coins you will get. The more coins you have the more voting power you have(with a maximum rule of 10%).

In the hypothetical assumption that the house decides to buy a "KNC ASIC Miner" shares will be allocated based on coin ownership. So the more coins you have the more profits from the "asic miner" you will get. This also transfers over to a hypothetical business venture. The more coins you have the more profits from that venture you will receive. This system incentivises the more active users. Active users will rise to the top and have more clout/power on how the houses' "funds" will be used.

Whenever there are decisions to be made. A house member will create a poll and get preliminary feedback on the raised proposition. If it goes to the final vote "house of polls" and it's not unanimous, a [HOC] address will need to be present along with a vote. Now an accurate vote count can be calculated(using a block-explorer to prove coin ownership percentages).

I haven't invested in this yet the main reason is that the house will likely end up as a collection of people who have simply invested btc. What the house needs to have in order to be effective is to have a number skilled people, business people, programmers, developers etc - Would it be possible to allocate a few seats as 'to be decided' in order to invite skilled people to join at a later date, people who would be an asset to the project - these people would be relevant to the business path the house decides to follow.?

Question:
You raise a great question. The house will be mostly Investors and no people with real skills.

Attempt to Answer:
The house will be made up of all types of people. People may surprise you and have some of these skills that you hold valuable(one programmer, who is a member, has already offered to contribute their skills). If the house does not have a skill, hopefully the house at-least has the skill to seek out skillful people and bring them on board as a "TEMP MEMBER" to help on a project.  Some house members are great traders who love challenges and push themselves everyday. These people are the ones who know what business to get into and what is worth investing into or not. It's a skill and it takes a seasoned investor to make good decisions. Some VC's say it took them 40 years to learn how to be good at investing in start ups. We are in this to win. We should utilize all resources and skills that we collectively have.

The house can vote to let in more members later, on a selective one by one basis. The house is all powerful when working in unison.

We can use HouseofCoins as a platform to grow from and eventually become much bigger and influential. Branching out and growing bigger is a natural occurrence.

We should set up a multipool that pays out in HOC like some other coin are doing, that the Titan can mine on as well.  This way people who do not have shares can join the mining pool and profit from this coin as well.  With the Titan as well as other miners putting buy pressure on the coin (because the Titan would pay out in HOC to shareholders) the coin should do well.

Really great idea, but a multipool is no easy task, maybe teaming up with a pool already in existance. But if someone can do it, that would be awesome. What ideas are coming after the titan for this coin, members? What do people think about opening up say 3-4 free/talented/investor seats for drawing in talent? If there were some open seats we could vote after intial period, then we could help draw some more talent here?
merc82

Activity: 354
Merit: 254

Owner of MiningRigRentals

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 03:05:09 AM

We should have plenty of rigs available at miningrigrentals.com for this launch Wink

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!
Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
Poolest

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:13:07 AM

We should have plenty of rigs available at miningrigrentals.com for this launch Wink

Rent and point them at http://hoc.poolest.com :-)
BitOffer (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:29:03 AM

BITTREX [HOC] First Exchange

Bittrex has agreed to be the first exchange for HouseofCoins. Effective upon launch, [HOC] will be trade-able.

https://bittrex.com/

brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:17:11 AM

I know it's a bit early to get into details, but we should really consider going POW to POS coin after mining for a period of time. The pos coins is the future of cryptos, and it's really perfect for this model instead of POW. POW for the mining period, but then go POS after say 3 weeks mining would be good.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:43:46 AM

I am ready to send my btc for ipo seat it is 0.1 btc to this address correct?  1QBZF7XEhF2o8YMPXBacw4FWtCvkH9UDSC  I have the btc now.. Also do we receive coins in this ipo seat investment? Sorry I am a bit tired so maybe asking Smiley a div question. Grin I will do nice blog posts and help promote and try to get it on POLONIEX trollbox. If I don't see reply before I go to sleep in 2 hours I will be up early to pay for my seat. Smiley
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:52:11 AM

I know it's a bit early to get into details, but we should really consider going POW to POS coin after mining for a period of time. The pos coins is the future of cryptos, and it's really perfect for this model instead of POW. POW for the mining period, but then go POS after say 3 weeks mining would be good.

+

If we then implemented a multipool we would be unique in that we would guarantee a certain level activity via the Titans we are funding. 

I think POW/POS along with a multipool would be great for this coin.  I would vote for it.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
hometester

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:14:29 AM

Icecube, nice logo, you picked a good coin to launch with Smiley All the best
hometester

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:23:46 AM

It would be better to spend the BTC on IPO than hiring while you still have a chance though
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:36:46 AM

Escrow should
be available a few days before launch.

So who is the escrow I need to make the payment to?

I asked two people today to do escrow for me, but they haven't replied back. If you can suggest someone that would be great. Someone everyone can agree to trust.
I asked Anon136(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041) if he can do escrow today. I'm waiting for a decision(he is probably busy).

What's the point of asking an escrow on the launch date? It would have been there from the start... or a few days from announcing. You would've gotten a fair number of participants and a richer pool of votes.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
xkdxdavis10

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:45:54 AM

this is interesting, I will give it a go

Coffeecoin:BybX6rFdQTaYbdyJypNTLverZbvKPPJEdR
ggushterov

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:49:40 AM

http://hoc.althash.eu

Pre-registrations are now open!

• DDoS Protection
  • Payout cron every 15 minutes
  • Vardiff
  • Stratum protocol
  • PPLNS payout system
  • Payout after 120 Network confirms
  • 1% Fee
  • 0% Donation (default)

House of Coins (HOC), Scrypt - http://hoc.althash.eu
Stratum - stratum+tcp://stratum.althash.eu:3036

Greetings,
Althash Team
hometester

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:40:47 AM

ok, just 36 hours to get your shares and lock in your investment.

Launch in 910 Minutes!

Let's get the Titan in!
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:55:05 AM

Bring this up to the House. They may agree with you.
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:47:14 AM

+

If we then implemented a multipool we would be unique in that we would guarantee a certain level activity via the Titans we are funding. 

I think POW/POS along with a multipool would be great for this coin.  I would vote for it.

Multipool is in the works, but you probably already know that
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:50:12 AM

I am ready to send my btc for ipo seat it is 0.1 btc to this address correct?  1QBZF7XEhF2o8YMPXBacw4FWtCvkH9UDSC  I have the btc now.. Also do we receive coins in this ipo seat investment? Sorry I am a bit tired so maybe asking Smiley a div question. Grin I will do nice blog posts and help promote and try to get it on POLONIEX trollbox. If I don't see reply before I go to sleep in 2 hours I will be up early to pay for my seat. Smiley

Sound great qiwoman. I will not forget you. You helped early on.
You can send to that address and I can figure it out late,r but it's best to just email me again and I will issue you a personal BTC address for better tracking.
admin@houseofcoins.us

TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:05:37 AM

I think limiting profit to just those that signed up during IPO is quite unfair.

Theres no incentive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: