Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:08:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
sven22

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:35:20 AM

In my opinion we need to shift focus from the mining and into the growing of Guldencoin, building more services and making it stand out from the rest of the crowd. This will bring more miners , even more community and support as we win the hearts and minds of people with the tenacity to succeed even through these hurdles that get thrown at the currency.

A lot of work in progress as we speak! Keep an eye out for today, one will be launched if all goes well!

This makes me smile! Smiley

Having skimmed through the timeline NLG is definitely a top 10 coin in what it offers. EG. Only 5 currencies have made it to iOS store. BTC/LTC/DOGE/NLG/Digibyte

The community behind Guldencoin is strong. Still going strong after 5months of hard rape because of some community members! Smiley Like a guy said to me Wink Stick around, you'll see that the next upcoming years will be very exciting!

NLG Donations: GarNBSDLovSQgPKqhLSiSwGes85VrESgto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:04:07 PM

What would be the price that would make NLG non-attractive to CM?

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:12:53 PM

Around 400-450 should be fine to make it less attractive and have less fluctuations in block times PROVIDED dedicated hashrate remain the same.
4-5 months ago it would of been possible to keep the price that low but now with so many buyers people will buy up coins at those bargain prices if anyone had to try force the market down.

Guldencoin is at a place where a dump would reverse just as much as a pump. This is good!

strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:03:08 PM

Around 400-450 should be fine to make it less attractive and have less fluctuations in block times PROVIDED dedicated hashrate remain the same.
4-5 months ago it would of been possible to keep the price that low but now with so many buyers people will buy up coins at those bargain prices if anyone had to try force the market down.

Guldencoin is at a place where a dump would reverse just as much as a pump. This is good!
At which diff CM joins and with how much GHash?
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:13:21 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 12:45:06 AM by veertje

At which diff CM joins and with how much GHash?

I think they mine constantly, with lower hashrate at higher diff and higher hashrate at lower diff. Not switching totally off and on, I think. Mean hashrate of CM about 3-3.5 GH/s atm? But that is just a guess.

NLG is just a small gain of the total of Clever. Clever has to compete with other MP's, so they will keep mining all scryptcoins, as Terk said. Multipool total hashrate is dropping since months, because profitability is getting lower and lower in btc. Maybe turning point will come in the near future that people see it is better to mine dedicated at good coins, than short term profit on MP's?
Below total hashrate CM. (top spike is december 3rd)

Life4mining

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:02:54 PM

As per the CM ANN I will be watching Guldencoin closely over the next month, if I like what I see I might throw some dedicated hash towards the coin for future price growth.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:04:13 PM

As per the CM ANN I will be watching Guldencoin closely over the next month, if I like what I see I might throw some dedicated hash towards the coin for future price growth.

Very welcome Life4mining  Cool
sven22

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:06:55 PM

Welcome to the NLG thread Life4mining! Would be great to see some more dedicated miners follow, it would be a matter of time that NLG's price will rise when we get a healthy chain!

You'll see one update coming by tonight like I said before if all runs smoothly!

forum.guldencoin.com we have an English section over there also! Maybe you can find some more information if you'd like to!

sven22

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:30:19 PM

@Life4mining here a message from neogulden.com poolowner!

If you need any special requirements for the static difficulty the pool owner is willing to open up a port for you. He understands you have other demands with a power of 5 GH/s.

markanth

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 03:38:49 PM

I have some bad news, I have confirmed with a miner that used to use CM until end of last week that ROI was down when CM was not hitting Guldencoin. So Guldencoin is what make or break CM now.

Maybe suggestion of reducing block time might work but CM will always be there to get easy blocks. I don't think much can be done unless we become next Doge or litecoin so more efforts to keep going mainstream. Then a lot of dedicated miners. Another option is merged mining like Dogecoin has?

Terks CM is the matriarch of switch pool despite what he says when his pool was not hitting the chain for 2 days the other switch pools had lot less effect. This morning is back to 50% and needs NLG to survive for his business. It quite a sad situation.

Thanks for sharing your report!  To be honest the report from your miner friend kind of surprised me.  If you look at clever's reported profitability (http://clevermining.com/profits) there is no dip in profitability Feb 2 through 5 when clever was not mining NLG.  Did the reported BTC per MH reported on clever's profitability charts not match your friend's ROI? 

To talk about things besides mining Smiley  Yesterday I finally got some time to listen to Rob Buerra's talk on the Krypto Kings podcast.  Wow! What a great job Rob did talking about Guldencoin.  Highly recommend it for those who haven't listened to it yet.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1cqE-ZNCI

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:40:21 PM

I have some bad news, I have confirmed with a miner that used to use CM until end of last week that ROI was down when CM was not hitting Guldencoin. So Guldencoin is what make or break CM now.

Maybe suggestion of reducing block time might work but CM will always be there to get easy blocks. I don't think much can be done unless we become next Doge or litecoin so more efforts to keep going mainstream. Then a lot of dedicated miners. Another option is merged mining like Dogecoin has?

Terks CM is the matriarch of switch pool despite what he says when his pool was not hitting the chain for 2 days the other switch pools had lot less effect. This morning is back to 50% and needs NLG to survive for his business. It quite a sad situation.

@ny2cafuse - What do you think about Guldencoin getting listed on coinwarz and even cryptsy? Have more multipools in compeition with CM? Would that make things worse off as bigger spikes in hash rate or would it also maybe make it less profitable for some of these jump pools to carry on hitting our chain because there is more competiion for the easy blocks.

We might be Terks cash cow because he literally has no competition with other multipools but I also worry that too many jump pools coming in at one time to get the easy blocks might spike the difficulty.

What do you and other miners think about giving CM some competition?

I personally think it's a bad idea to get listed on coinwarz or cryptsy! That will only make things worse!

Better yet, I would like it even more if we got delisted from all exchanges (bittrex too). Let me explain why. If we are not listed on an automated exchange, multipools like CM have nowhere to dump their coins anymore. This creates an opportunity to get a real exchange going that is dedicated to fair trade of NLG. Lets not forget, we want NLG to be used for payments, not for speculation, we have the other Gulden for that...

I agree with the above. No more btc based exchanges, cryptsy isn't known as the place coins go to die for nothing.

I have to agree with LTEX on this one.  Cut the ties with BTC trading, especially bittrex and exchanges that allow autotrading and API access.  This sounds counterproductive, but it serves two purposes.

First, it cuts CM's, and other MP's, feet out from under them.  Without a autotrading exchange, MPs can't function.  Second, it brings trading focus back to the Euro, and unties NLG from BTC.  NLG did a good job of not fluctuating with BTC's and LTC's swings... that was a huge selling point for my team when we first got involved.

Now I know a lot of people would be like "but what about a main exchange for BTC trading".  Well, you make one.  An official BTC/NLG exchange with no bells and whistles.  Like exchange.guldencoin.com.  No autotrading, no APIs, nothing.  Just a place where dedicated NLG users could trade some coin.  Community built and community run.  Trading fees go to the dev team, and the community gets an official exchange.

I know that's a lot of crazy thinking right there, but it makes sense when you start thinking about it.  I don't expect everyone to agree.  It's just my $0.02.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:49:33 PM

There we go! Lift offfff!
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 314

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:50:27 PM

@ny2cafuse - What do you think about Guldencoin getting listed on coinwarz and even cryptsy? Have more multipools in compeition with CM? Would that make things worse off as bigger spikes in hash rate or would it also maybe make it less profitable for some of these jump pools to carry on hitting our chain because there is more competiion for the easy blocks.

We might be Terks cash cow because he literally has no competition with other multipools but I also worry that too many jump pools coming in at one time to get the easy blocks might spike the difficulty.

What do you and other miners think about giving CM some competition?

I personally think it's a bad idea to get listed on coinwarz or cryptsy! That will only make things worse!

Better yet, I would like it even more if we got delisted from all exchanges (bittrex too). Let me explain why. If we are not listed on an automated exchange, multipools like CM have nowhere to dump their coins anymore. This creates an opportunity to get a real exchange going that is dedicated to fair trade of NLG. Lets not forget, we want NLG to be used for payments, not for speculation, we have the other Gulden for that...

I agree with the above. No more btc based exchanges, cryptsy isn't known as the place coins go to die for nothing.

I have to agree with LTEX on this one.  Cut the ties with BTC trading, especially bittrex and exchanges that allow autotrading and API access.  This sounds counterproductive, but it serves two purposes.

First, it cuts CM's, and other MP's, feet out from under them.  Without a autotrading exchange, MPs can't function.  Second, it brings trading focus back to the Euro, and unties NLG from BTC.  NLG did a good job of not fluctuating with BTC's and LTC's swings... that was a huge selling point for my team when we first got involved.

Now I know a lot of people would be like "but what about a main exchange for BTC trading".  Well, you make one.  An official BTC/NLG exchange with no bells and whistles.  Like exchange.guldencoin.com.  No autotrading, no APIs, nothing.  Just a place where dedicated NLG users could trade some coin.  Community built and community run.  Trading fees go to the dev team, and the community gets an official exchange.

I know that's a lot of crazy thinking right there, but it makes sense when you start thinking about it.  I don't expect everyone to agree.  It's just my $0.02.

-Fuse

Outstanding idea , what about doing a fund raiser like was done for the iOS wallet. I can 100% trust this team to deliver if they say they can to build an exchange and have buy in options for credit cards etc.

What does the team think of the above?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 314

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:51:00 PM

Just saw this now, what does this mean in English?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

sven22

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:00:33 PM

From of now also, without an account, buy Guldencoin using Ideal!

We also thought of our Belgium friends, you can buy Guldencoin using Mr. Cash!

Coincookie

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:07:46 PM

iDeal is the easiest way to purchase something online. In this case enter amount you wish to pay, choose bank, enter walletadres click buy (koop). Then the next page is the iDeal page where your onlinebank is shown, you pay and voila, 15-30 minutes and there are your Guldens.

Most uses way for online payments in teh Netherlands. Mr. Cash is similar but for Belgium.

Cookie

NLG: GNszAQ7Nwhz2E5ygqucYjVV36gV2Nkikzj
OpenforBusiness

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:09:30 PM
Merited by IMZ (10)

Just saw this now, what does this mean in English?

From of now also, without an account, buy Guldencoin using Ideal!

We also thought of our Belgium friends, you can buy Guldencoin using Mr. Cash!

This is the second tier 1 project that has now come online (paysafegulden.com being the other). Giving more direct cash/fiat to NLG options without the bitcoin middle man, this is part of the plan to not only have fault tolerant (backup) services for Guldencoin but to also have direct payment sites without any noise and all focused on Guldencoin.

One of the biggest complaints from users is confusion when they go to sites that list all these other coins and creates a big distraction.

This also allows easy access for Dutch and Belgium users to get their hands on Guldencoin without even having to give away their identities or hassle with making accounts with us.
strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:21:05 PM

Congratulations! Nice one  Cool
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:45:03 PM

Building an exchange isn't the hard part though, it's getting the right paperwork to not get shot the fuck down. It will take a partnering with someone with the proper licensing (read bank, insurance agency, private bankers or financers) or if someone without licensing wants to or needs to do it would take at least 6 months to get the right paperwork and licensing. And then it's uncertain if it would get approved.

However, we do really need a EUR/NLG exchange, regulated, fair, transparent. I've been toying with the idea for a while, but the real obstacle would be the right papers and partner. I know a few people in private banking that could do this both with the backing of EUR aspect and having the proper financial licenses, but I rather have someone else picks this up as it would require 110% effort and focus.

Now, we could step out of the Dutch laws by going through some sort of deal with the Swiss and a Swiss bank. Pairing NLG to CHF. Which would be very prestigious and lucrative for everyone.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 06:02:21 PM

Building an exchange isn't the hard part though, it's getting the right paperwork to not get shot the fuck down. It will take a partnering with someone with the proper licensing (read bank, insurance agency, private bankers or financers) or if someone without licensing wants to or needs to do it would take at least 6 months to get the right paperwork and licensing. And then it's uncertain if it would get approved.

However, we do really need a EUR/NLG exchange, regulated, fair, transparent. I've been toying with the idea for a while, but the real obstacle would be the right papers and partner. I know a few people in private banking that could do this both with the backing of EUR aspect and having the proper financial licenses, but I rather have someone else picks this up as it would require 110% effort and focus.

Now, we could step out of the Dutch laws by going through some sort of deal with the Swiss and a Swiss bank. Pairing NLG to CHF. Which would be very prestigious and lucrative for everyone.

I completely agree! But for our own BTC/NLG exchange we don't need any regulatory papers do we?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: