Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:00:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin Official Thread - Hard Fork Halving Successful + Digishield  (Read 48865 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smartcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:49:40 PM

Anyway, here is my official statement on why I had to leave and why I can't continue this anymore.

It all started last week at my startup I work full time at. We had been looking for potential investors for some time, and in the light of all of the BTC news, we were having a hard time. We had just gotten news that a VC wanted to us to fly to his office immediately and pitch our product to him. So, overnight we flew 700 miles to his office and pitch our project we had been building for 2 years. He liked it and made an initial offer. We accepted. The team stayed there for a couple of days, talking, signing stuff, etc. What had happened before flying out was that I was pushed to release a forked version of SMC lowering the block rewards.

Since I had delayed it for a while I decided to delete it in a rush. I didn't think it was my job to contact every single service that used SMC. The community wanted that, so I delivered it. Everything was placed on my hands to make it happen. No one took the initiative to contact anyone else about it. I pushed it out to the forums, twitter, and other social media channels. Although one issue was that I was pushed to release the fork without a functional Windows wallet. One of the guys who I work with usually did the compilation for me, but since we were 700 miles from home he didn't have access to his development machine. All I had was my Mac laptop and my phone. I compiled the Mac clients as I usually do, and pushed the code to Github. I hoped that we would get back in time to finally compile that crappy wallet, but our flight home was scheduled 4 days later. Then things started going down hill. No one had updated after the fork, now there were to versions out in the wild, one of them wasn't even being supported because there were no clients connecting to it. I was frantic, I didn't know what to do. At the beginning, I had several people on my team. I had other programmers and designers who helped me out, some I knew, some I didn't.  Eventually all of them quit, citing the same thing: time was too short. We simply didn't have the time to dedicate ourselves to it anymore. I stayed because I had to: I created it any I didn't want it to die. SmartCoin came out of the free time I had laying around after finishing the first version of our product. It was now up to the executives to go and find potential investors, so I had some spare time on my hands.

Having a deep interest in P2P networks, cryptography, and Bitcoin in general, I decided it would be fun to try something new. In the sea of shitcoins, I wanted to make something that stood out. I came up with a cool distribution plan and a lot of other potentially awesome features. And it launched great. And for a month it was the best time of my life. To witness my creation being appreciated and loved. But it was equally as hectic. The constant bargement of trolls, hundreds of emails and PMs, pressures to perform, and the like. I introduced a few of my coworkers to it, and they liked and contributed a few things to SMC. Towards the 1 month mark, after the marketer had quit, I knew things were going to go south unless I found someone else to fill his shoes in. But I didn't. No one was willing to. No one in the community decided to step up. They had "invested" in SMC and hoped someone could make the money for them. But they didn't "invest" in SmartCoin. They invested in the price of SmartCoin. The people working on this were never directly monetarily helped by the community. Sure, they helped by supporting the price, but in the people making it work, they didn't invest a single penny. I felt like I needed to make that distinction.

After I saw the hell the fork brought, and the trolls that followed, I had had it. In anger, I decided that it was over, and that I could just not update it anymore. I wasn't planning on leaving, I wasn't planning on dumping, I just didn't have the time to manage it anymore. My decision was short-sided and I realize that. But in the end, I was one guy with a full time job, trying to manage a community that required a full time job. It just didn't fit. In hindsight, I think it would have been a lot more different had the community stepped in an done something noticeable after the marketer had quit. But instead they all sat there twiddling their thumbs, waiting for their "investment", their magical bean to sprout into a giant beanstalk. Everyone talked about action, but never took any action. And that rubbed off on me. I wasn't taking a cut off SmartCoin's success. Instead, I had put in 6 BTC in order to support the price from being dumped in an instant. In the end, I had purchased about 40k SMC, so you can get an idea of what kind of prices I was buying at.

I am extremely apologetic for the things I may have caused, it was never my actual intention for the future of SMC to turn this bleak. But due to hundreds of variables that never panned out, this was the only thing my short sided mind saw.

My sincerest apologies,

Steven

P.S. If you ever need the smartcoin domains to point to a nameserver, let me know and I'll modify the domain records.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

If there's a bounty, I could create a site for SMC.

all the good domain names are taken .... if you think of any, and I can do it
I'm a designer
I do websites
of course I have a server

you just need to think of the domain name

If you know how to set up .bit domains, I am pretty sure smartcoin.bit is available.

I first hear it - .bit

I thing - smart-coin.org
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:14:14 PM

@Steven

If I offended you accept my most sincere apologies for this.
Communities will take up the project.

We hope to have a new developer with a lot of knowledge for a better future

I wish you all the best in your life!

northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:18:38 PM

If there's a bounty, I could create a site for SMC.

all the good domain names are taken .... if you think of any, and I can do it
I'm a designer
I do websites
of course I have a server

you just need to think of the domain name

If you know how to set up .bit domains, I am pretty sure smartcoin.bit is available.

I first hear it - .bit

I thing - smart-coin.org
Personally, I like smartcoin.technology better.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
smartcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:20:43 PM

I have sent Invisible Hands the premine. From now on, anything you may have you can talk to him. If you want to help out with coding, or anything else, make sure you talk to him first so he can organize a team.

The official github will be going down in a few days, so someone will have to open a new one.

Please fork what repos you may need, including the website (if you need it).

https://github.com/smartcoin-project

Invisible Hands (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:33:59 PM

I have sent Invisible Hands the premine. From now on, anything you may have you can talk to him. If you want to help out with coding, or anything else, make sure you talk to him first so he can organize a team.

The official github will be going down in a few days, so someone will have to open a new one.

Please fork what repos you may need, including the website (if you need it).

https://github.com/smartcoin-project

I appreciate all the work you have done for this coin and for entrusting me with its future.
Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:05:41 PM

Well, I'm not sure where to begin.  Currently there is over 100MH/s on the wrong fork at hash.so.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how we can put a stop to this senseless mining?  I have tried support at hash.so and the hash.so thread.  We need to get that hashrate on the correct fork.
jerr

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:40:07 PM

There is one massive worker of 84,578 kh/s. Wonder why he is mining SMC  Huh

But anyway, I left a message at the irc channel #hash.so with info about the current fork + link to this thread.
bentleydsv

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:54:10 AM

We need to get the Block Chain on the right fork.

http://altexplorer.net/chain/SmartCoin

How do we fix it?
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:59:36 AM

Hell what mess you did with all that forks?
old fork then new fork than old fork again??
Did you ever bother to say about it to ALL exchanges, to block explorer?
I am sending coins from cryptsy to another exchanges and they gone to nowhere. And how i now should claim them?
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:48:08 AM

I am sending coins from cryptsy to another exchanges and they gone to nowhere. And how i now should claim them?

Dont move your coins nowhere for now until everything settles.
A little bit late warning !
Kn_os
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:03:54 AM

Yeh very timing warning. Who hell do development like this. One day yeh i will change fork, no warning to mining pools, no warninig to exchanges, no warning at least for week before fork, just suddenly this idea came into mind and he did it.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:07:53 AM

Yeh very timing warning. Who hell do development like this. One day yeh i will change fork, no warning to mining pools, no warninig to exchanges, no warning at least for week before fork, just suddenly this idea came into mind and he did it.

That is why I am selling my coins if I see some good buyer for now.
But I still have a huge amount but unfortunately, the highest buy now is atm 0.00000211  (51k) and then 0.00000122 (132k).
The rest is useless... Meaning that nobody is buying this coin no more Sad

Maybe after a point I have to dump all of my coins down to 10 Satoshi Sad

Edit: While I was writing this, it is down to 177 satoshi.
smartMav

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:43:12 AM

Hi, so what now?

Are we going to old fork again? How about my already mined coins?

Thx in advance!
Kn_os
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:02:52 AM

Hi, so what now?

Are we going to old fork again? How about my already mined coins?

Thx in advance!

title list:
"ALL coins mined before block 120,000 are safe.
If you mined coins at Hash.so after block 120,000 your coins are lost forever and we are very sorry about that. "
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:16:02 AM

Can we link this thread in the previous topic?

Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:25:51 AM

Cryptsy is on the correct fork.  What exchange were you sending them to?  I will contact them and have them update their wallet.

If anyone knows a pool or exchange that is on the wrong fork please bring it to my attention.  I was under the impression that only hash.so was on the wrong fork.
smartMav

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

Thx for confirmation.

Anyway, hash.so probably will switch to old fork so you can still mine there (payments are disabled for now).
I will talk with hash.so admin if I spot him on IRC channel.

Do we have any official representative here for the moment?
Invisible Hands (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:40:39 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 10:55:41 AM by Invisible Hands

We need to get the Block Chain on the right fork.

http://altexplorer.net/chain/SmartCoin

How do we fix it?

I have contacted them about this and am awaiting their response.  Thanks for pointing it out.

edit:  Their contact info is here:

https://altexplorer.net/contact
smartMav

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:42:58 AM

Poloniex is on old fork as well like Cryptsy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: