Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] CryptoALTeX Exchange - New Features Coming Soon  (Read 10073 times)
testcoin

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:54:09 PM

Just visit your site and see the following:

Due to the lack of volume and interest CryptoALTeX will be shutting down in the near future. Please withdraw all balances you may have on the site. It's been fun but with lack of volume the time and stress is not worth it. Thanks all for trusting us with your funds.- Chiznitz

Are you serious?

It appears as the latest news on Jun, 6 (two days later Huh)

Actually I like your site and would still like to see it keep developing. It will just need a bit more time to build trust before the trading volume goes up

It had nothing to do with trust.  People just go where the volume already is.  I should be one of the most trust worthy exchanges, my personal information is readily available by googling my name, I'm a registered business etc. many of these exchanges have none of that. In fact I listed a coin that went to sharexcoin the day after I listed it and they had volume and I had 0 sales....guess how sharexcoin is doing now? 

I feel the community should stand up for themselves and only use exchange where the owners are known and stop using exchanges where owners hide behind screen names. 

Sharexcoin is gone. I think it's now the golden time for you to keep your exchange running. A good number of altcoins that relied on Sharexcoin are now desperately seeking alternative exchanges for trading. You just need to add those altcoins and your trading volume is guarantied

If I were you, I'd keep running the exchange for a while at least to capture the volume

It does take time to build up trust. This time you don't run away and allow everyone to withdraw their coins before shutting down does help building up trust Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dE_logics

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:33:36 AM

Just visit your site and see the following:

Due to the lack of volume and interest CryptoALTeX will be shutting down in the near future. Please withdraw all balances you may have on the site. It's been fun but with lack of volume the time and stress is not worth it. Thanks all for trusting us with your funds.- Chiznitz

Are you serious?

It appears as the latest news on Jun, 6 (two days later Huh)

Actually I like your site and would still like to see it keep developing. It will just need a bit more time to build trust before the trading volume goes up

It had nothing to do with trust.  People just go where the volume already is.  I should be one of the most trust worthy exchanges, my personal information is readily available by googling my name, I'm a registered business etc. many of these exchanges have none of that. In fact I listed a coin that went to sharexcoin the day after I listed it and they had volume and I had 0 sales....guess how sharexcoin is doing now? 

I feel the community should stand up for themselves and only use exchange where the owners are known and stop using exchanges where owners hide behind screen names. 

Only if you persist longer... Maybe you should add new coins more frequently. Run them under SELinux/Apparmour for security.

You belong to a few list of trusted exchange.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
rollingfast69

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:01:36 PM

donated the little bit of btc i had left in my account to you guys plus sending another .1btc know its not a lot but i traded on your site and made more than that in profits so small thanks for your time and efforts.
chiznitz (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:57:55 PM

donated the little bit of btc i had left in my account to you guys plus sending another .1btc know its not a lot but i traded on your site and made more than that in profits so small thanks for your time and efforts.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  We of course still have the code and can watch what goes on in the exchange world.  Right now its just too hard to compete with some other higher volume exchanges that add coins we have as soon as they see any volume/movement on them.  CryptoALTeX was two people, i did all of the base code and when I realized I needed help I brought matugm on board and he really knocked out some great code, the problem is I have a full time job and two daughters, one of which is only a month old.  I found it really hard to keep up with everything maintenance wise on the exchange and that left matugm to do almost all of the coding.  Since we didn't have that much volume matugm had to find other work as his lively hood depends on freelance work.  This led to him having to take on other things.

We had a 3rd person on board that was paid to do our new front end interface but they had a bunch of real life stuff hit and wasn't able to focus on the project, we figured the new front end would be 5 days of hard coding, after 35 days we realized it may not happen unless we do it ourselves and since we were already stretched thing we thought it best to shutdown to avoid the eventual inevitable of being overwhelmed and causing issues for our customers.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: