Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:37:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] 250 BTC loan @ 0.5% interest per day !!!  (Read 3262 times)
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 08:37:38 AM

Update: You can loan a smaller amount, and be paid the proportional amount in interest.  Just thought I'd make that clear.
So your interest is 0.4% a day?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1%2F250
are you retarded? I was just replying to make sure....
Looking at your frustration I'd say you are the retard. Oh well!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 08:58:52 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2011, 10:40:01 AM by vuce

This is exactly what is wrong with the society today: too many middle men trying to get rich of others with doing nothing. If this is indeed the case and you can't lend to pirate directly you can lend to me and I'll give you your fair share of the profit. People like this make me sick.

In any case, I don't think that once you have an account you can just throw any amount of money into it and expect interests, makes no sense at all.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 09:41:17 AM

This is exactly what is wrong with the society today: too many middle men trying to get rich of others with doing nothing. If this is indeed the case and you can't lend to pirate directly you can lend to me and I'll give you your fair share of the profit. People like this make me sick.

It's only a question of time until someone loses money at 1% daily rates.

vuce

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 10:31:39 AM

well this is how investing works, there can't be profit without risk.
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 11:49:33 AM

In this case risk is multiplied, for less return.
vuce

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 11:51:46 AM

Yes, this is exactly why I'm against what the op is trying to do here.
fred0

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 11:54:44 AM

Yes, this is exactly why I'm against what the op is trying to do here.
Well, I'm pretty sure he's not the only one.  I'll leave that for others to figure out, not hard BTW.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 01:52:35 PM

In any case, I don't think that once you have an account you can just throw any amount of money into it and expect interests, makes no sense at all.

Actually, I think that's pretty much it.

It's a matter of time until someone comes here with a proposal like this: I am an early pirateat40's lender so I will rent my account to you at X% interest Grin
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 02:37:32 PM

It's a matter of time until someone comes here with a proposal like this: I am an early pirateat40's lender so I will rent my account to you at X% interest Grin

Exactly.  The proposal is fucking obvious.  However, I don't see why you people are objecting to this... there are people asking for much lower interest rates who have gotten loans.  The method I use to pay your interest should be irrelevant Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
fred0

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:13:11 PM

Exactly.  The proposal is fucking obvious.  However, I don't see why you people are objecting to this... there are people asking for much lower interest rates who have gotten loans.  The method I use to pay your interest should be irrelevant Smiley
If you are less of a risk than loaning directly to pirateat40 then what you say is true. However, it is not obvious that you are.

I see that other people have gotten loans so that they can loan to pirateat40, are they less of a risk that lenders should take a haircut in interest payments?

ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:16:43 PM

Exactly.  The proposal is fucking obvious.  However, I don't see why you people are objecting to this... there are people asking for much lower interest rates who have gotten loans.  The method I use to pay your interest should be irrelevant Smiley
If you are less of a risk than loaning directly to pirateat40 then what you say is true. However, it is not obvious that you are.

I see that other people have gotten loans so that they can loan to pirateat40, are they less of a risk that lenders should take a haircut in interest payments?

I am less of a risk, because I have money coming in and because both I and pirate can pay you back.  Essentially, you are diversifying your risk and paying me for the insurance.

You never know whether the other lenders are loaning to pirate or not.  What if ThiagoCMC were lending to pirate?  He'd make a tremendous profit on his 200 BTC loan.  It appears mentioning pirate at all was a mistake.

Look, bottom line is that I'm offering an interest rate second only to pirate, and insuring your loan too.  Are you interested?

---

Ok, I've just updated the interest rate.  Now it's 1.5 BTC a day.  Anyone?
17RiZ1eaAB9e29kuTxTh8UdPyWSiisAyaZ

(BFL)^2 < 0
fred0

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:30:36 PM

Look, bottom line is that I'm offering an interest rate second only to pirate, and insuring your loan too.  Are you interested?

---

Not right now, bitcoins are occupied. But thanks for the clarification.
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:38:41 PM

---

Not right now, bitcoins are occupied. But thanks for the clarification.

No problem Smiley

Anyone else have any questions?

(BFL)^2 < 0
anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:42:43 PM

150 BTC???
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:48:06 PM

150 BTC???

huh? if you want to lend 150 BTC, sure.  I can give you 0.9 a day for 150.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 07:00:54 PM

ok, let's try again. 0.5% daily interest, compounded. anyone? this is my last offer

(BFL)^2 < 0
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 03:16:42 PM

Anyone else have any questions?

Edit 2: If you have any outstanding issues/debts with either the forum or IRC don't even think about contacting me to invest.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 04:36:28 PM

Well not for the OP.  return is multiplied and risk is reduced to nothing. Smiley
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 05:01:19 PM

Well not for the OP.  return is multiplied and risk is reduced to nothing. Smiley

Not really. He's both a lender and a borrower, and in this case he's lending more than he actually has, and thus if pirateat40 defaults (sure, unlikely), he'll be in even deeper shit than if he was just lending his own money, because he'll still owe money to his own lender. This borrow->lend business he wants to do is mostly arbitrage, so risk is low, but counterparty risk is still nonzero Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 05:16:34 PM

Not really. He's both a lender and a borrower, and in this case he's lending more than he actually has, and thus if pirateat40 defaults (sure, unlikely), he'll be in even deeper shit than if he was just lending his own money, because he'll still owe money to his own lender. This borrow->lend business he wants to do is mostly arbitrage, so risk is low, but counterparty risk is still nonzero Smiley

Well my point is he isn't risking any capital.  If things go south he can (not that he will) simply walk away.  His maximum net loss if walking away is 0.00
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: