Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2026, 08:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Discussion] The Clarity Act vote gets postponed  (Read 1060 times)
sergiorus
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1050
Merit: 361



View Profile
September 15, 2026, 06:15:17 PM
 #61

Haven't updated this for a long time but it appears that the vote is going to be taking place shortly... (unlikely to pass from what I have been following)

Live stream can be found here for anyone interested: https://www.senate.gov/legislative/floor_activity_pail.htm

Yep, some suspicious activity was happening on Polymarket last night. Which seemed like insiders actively betting on "No" in the Clarity passage market, hence dumping the odds that recently soared on the rumours that the agreement on the matter was reached by Republicans and Democrats.

That happened before the news that Republicans rejected the changes to the bill proposed by the Democrats was released.

Well, we will know within an hour or two, right?


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K
 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
98%
RTP


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HIGH
ODDS


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

███████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

███████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀
FrankDashwood
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 15, 2026, 06:17:24 PM
 #62

As you know, the senate was going to vote for the Bill today. But after Brian armstrong (Coinbase CEO)[1] clearly stating that he does not support the bill, and he rather have no bill than a bad one... Tim Scott (the one behind the bill) has decided to postpone the vote.

It's still unclear as to when to expect the next draft, but I'll be using this thread going forward to post updates about this bill.

[1] https://x.com/brian_armstrong/status/2011545247105355865
[1] https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2026/01/14/congress/scott-delays-senate-banking-crypto-vote-00730162



Why does anyone care what those retards do? They'll be able to enforce as they are now, and that's it. Beyond that, they'll be harassing open source projects that aren't trying to be bullshit banks, and try to force them via regulatory requirements to whore themselves to the banks. As is, exchanges are starting to look at AML/KYC the right way, that it's regulatory capture that does nothing to improve the safety of their customers, or their funds (and alternatively increases the likelihood they'll get sued by their users for selling their information, or losing it by getting compromised). The only reason it exists (other than to track everyone's money) is to make running an exchange so obscenely expensive, that most won't even try.  
legiteum
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 658
Merit: 214


World's fastest digital currency


View Profile
September 15, 2026, 08:00:10 PM
 #63

I've predicted that this bill is dead as long as Trump is in office, and I stand by that prediction.

There's no way this is going to pass with Trump's personal, um, "provisions" (the ones that place him, his family, and his companies above the law), and Trump is going to veto any bill that doesn't have those provisions, so it's a standoff.

The soonest this will pass will be January of 2029, and that's assuming the GOP nominee--most likely Donald Trump Jr.--doesn't win the presidency.

sergiorus
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1050
Merit: 361



View Profile
September 15, 2026, 08:13:49 PM
 #64

I've predicted that this bill is dead as long as Trump is in office, and I stand by that prediction.

There's no way this is going to pass with Trump's personal, um, "provisions" (the ones that place him, his family, and his companies above the law), and Trump is going to veto any bill that doesn't have those provisions, so it's a standoff.

The soonest this will pass will be January of 2029, and that's assuming the GOP nominee--most likely Donald Trump Jr.--doesn't win the presidency.



Sounds about right. 49 votes, that's not entry close to the required 60, which means the bill requires significant changes, not just some playing with words without semantic means.

And from what we've seen, significant changes can't really be negotiated here.

Anyway, SEC already signaled their guidance is ready to be released so chances are, nobody will care about the clarity bill anymore soon.


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K
 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
98%
RTP


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HIGH
ODDS


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

███████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

███████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Livingleged
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 336
Merit: 210



View Profile
September 15, 2026, 08:25:26 PM
 #65

I've predicted that this bill is dead as long as Trump is in office, and I stand by that prediction.

There's no way this is going to pass with Trump's personal, um, "provisions" (the ones that place him, his family, and his companies above the law), and Trump is going to veto any bill that doesn't have those provisions, so it's a standoff.

The soonest this will pass will be January of 2029, and that's assuming the GOP nominee--most likely Donald Trump Jr.--doesn't win the presidency.


I actually saw few post on x saying the clarity act is dead already I don’t know the authenticity though. Also saw  clip were senator Elizabeth Warren issues  DIRE warning to congress about the clarity act. Her point is that the bill will put all of them at risk of a crypto fueled economic crash
https://x.com/altcoindaily/status/2099928016516468793?s=46

This bill is as good as dead no way it’s gonna proceed.

LuchoPoletti
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 6
Merit: 49


View Profile WWW
September 27, 2026, 06:36:56 AM
 #66

I've never been in a rush to see Clarity pass. They sell the idea like clarity for the industry but it really only clarifies things for exchanges and other custodians who want to hold the keys to our coins. Does anything in the current draft touch self custody or running a node? if not, whatever.. it's a bill about companies. if it does, then that's the part worth reading carefully!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!