I completely agree with you on this. The reason most investors fall victim to scammers is that they focus too much on making quick profits. If they have the mindset that Bitcoin investment is better when they hold it for the long term, this will help them avoid making emotional mistakes that could negatively affect their lives. This means they won't have to panic about the ups and downs of the market, helping them protect their funds and preserve their peace of mind.
I will like if you reverse your statement where you said "most investors" to some investors. Not everyone fall into scam because of quick profits. Some people lose all they had to scammer due to lack of right information. Some weeks ago when Trezor wallet distributors got hack, they got access to many details of users that bought the hardware wallets and sent them emails acting as Trezor to update their wallet, some people fell for that engineered scam.
Some people lose Bitcoin because they download a fake wallet. I'm don't know if you have paid attention to some wallets reported scams on App store recently. I have seen reports of people impersonating Sparrow and Wasabi wallets and from the source both had victims, Sparrow amount to $9m at that time and Wasabi was 6 Bitcoin, maybe there was even more before the app were later taken down from the store. Not every scam is profit design to get victims, there many ways.