Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:44:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Gcoin (aka Googlecoin) who wins?  (Read 2814 times)
emeraldforce (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:14:52 PM

I would never , ever invest in or use google coins.  Google is an obnoxious corporation with entirely too much power that thinks it can do whatever it wants and most of the time it can... It's already taking over the world.  
And buying up robotics companies left and right... including Boston Dynamics, the makers of this adorable little nightmare-machine, PETMAN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclbVTIYG8E

OMFG not only was I fooled into an April Fools joke but now we are all going to be killed by a Terminator robot!

Oh the humanity!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

I would never , ever invest in or use google coins.  Google is an obnoxious corporation with entirely too much power that thinks it can do whatever it wants and most of the time it can... It's already taking over the world.  
And buying up robotics companies left and right... including Boston Dynamics, the makers of this adorable little nightmare-machine, PETMAN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclbVTIYG8E

[/quote]

you already pay goverment tax, yet you decide to also throw more money into a department of defense projects.

!!!!!

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:31:49 PM

1. With the echonomic and human resourches they has they can develope whatever they want, and outcompete others easily with use of time.
If they throw their weight behind Bitcoin or an altcoin, whichever they choose will get a boost. If they start from scratch, they'll have the same problems all altcoins have, of getting anyone to care. The only way I can see it working is if their new coin is technically brilliant, and even then it's dubious. (Lots of altcoins seem technically better than Bitcoin to me, but they don't have much momentum.)

2. The mainstream people and market will adopt it more easily, just because it is branded and has a trust foundation even if it would be desentilized. Look at gmail from they started developing it and what it is today.
Although that's true, most of their own services are free. They can't get the ball rolling by accepting the currency themselves because most of us don't pay them anything. I think being endorsed by Amazon would be a bigger deal than being endorsed by Google.

Their resources could even count against them. We know they have huge server farms, so if their own coin is mineable by them, they could mount a 51% attack against it. It'd risk being treated as a private currency rather than a distributed one.

3. if they put focus on something they actually finish it to goal.
That's a big "if". They have a lot of internal projects that never see the light of day, and a lot of the ones that do are half-baked and/or get dropped. They are not above having two operating systems - Android and Chrome OS - in the same mobile space.

Overall, I think Google and companies like them are far more likely to endorse bitcoin than create their own altcoin.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: