Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:52:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin needs a marketeer  (Read 3340 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 05:01:39 PM

i think i lack the experience atm to convince a gold buying office about bitcoin  Undecided

The office doesn't need to have a long or short position, or assume any risk.  Think of them as just a retail outlet for bitcoin exchange.  They trade wholesale on the exchange for 0.5% and charge the customer 6-10x that much.

got it, would be great if all those gold offices had bitcoin exchange on their menu

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldly

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 02:26:30 AM

I would put my hand up to be the marketeer for bitcoin, this is my argument:

Organised the bitcoin conference in Prague (with no budget) - had bitcoin being accepted at hardrock cafe
15 years experience in starting businesses and marketing them
Experience ranges from door to door sales of books to enterprise level software solutions (never had a marketing budget)
I use bitcoin and would like to see it succeed
Im not a developer
I talk to entrepreneurs and business people all over the world all day
I have no schedule
I have no idea about the technology that runs bitcoin, i just love the concept.
I would be prepared to spend some of my own money on it.
Is there someone with more experience than me prepared to work for free?

This is what id need from the community:
100 people to pledge support and volunteer hours per month to development.
If enough people indicate on this thread that they will support it then ill formalise the pledging process as ill need to know your skillset.

Here are some things i think about regularly:
bit-pay is great for merchants, by enabling the same security on the other side of the transaction (for the consumer)
this would remove any bitcoin risk to both parties.
Encourage bitcoin enthusiasts to meet and pool their spending power and target a place that everyone is willing to spend money.(a site to coordinate this would be the first thing i would develop)
if there are 5 people willing to spend btc in a shop then thats where adoption begins.  'Think globally act locally' has been used before but makes sense to this idea too.
Everyone has ideas, and their have been some great ideas mentioned earlier, but whats needed is someone to say - lets execute them.

So if we get 100 people to commit then I will volunteer to execute some of the ideas that get thrown around here.
If 100 people dont support the idea then everyone should support tony from bit-pay as he is doing a pretty good job already.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 02:58:34 AM

I would put my hand up to be the marketeer for bitcoin, this is my argument:

Organised the bitcoin conference in Prague (with no budget) - had bitcoin being accepted at hardrock cafe
15 years experience in starting businesses and marketing them
Experience ranges from door to door sales of books to enterprise level software solutions (never had a marketing budget)
I use bitcoin and would like to see it succeed
Im not a developer
I talk to entrepreneurs and business people all over the world all day
I have no schedule
I have no idea about the technology that runs bitcoin, i just love the concept.
I would be prepared to spend some of my own money on it.
Is there someone with more experience than me prepared to work for free?

This is what id need from the community:
If enough people indicate on this thread that they will support it then ill formalise the pledging process as ill need to know your skillset.

Here are some things i think about regularly:
bit-pay is great for merchants, by enabling the same security on the other side of the transaction (for the consumer)
this would remove any bitcoin risk to both parties.
Encourage bitcoin enthusiasts to meet and pool their spending power and target a place that everyone is willing to spend money.(a site to coordinate this would be the first thing i would develop)
if there are 5 people willing to spend btc in a shop then thats where adoption begins.  'Think globally act locally' has been used before but makes sense to this idea too.
Everyone has ideas, and their have been some great ideas mentioned earlier, but whats needed is someone to say - lets execute them.

So if we get 100 people to commit then I will volunteer to execute some of the ideas that get thrown around here.
If 100 people dont support the idea then everyone should support tony from bit-pay as he is doing a pretty good job already.

Here's what I think. I read the first sentence, then glanced over to see who penned it. That was enough for me.

I second this!

+1

~Bruno~

(now on to read the rest of this post)

May I suggest you start that thread? That way you'll have a tad more control during that pledging process. I, for one, would welcome you in that role. I didn't need to read that resume thingy. I've already spent several hours learning about you during the beginning of you starting that Convention in Prague. I like what I'd read. I like you. I believe you'll have no problem getting the support you need. Of course, count me in as one of those supporters. Anything I can do to help.
worldly

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 04:13:27 AM

Cheers Bruno,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I have created a new thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56032.0

If you feel the need for someone in this role and are willing to support me then please add your name to the list.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2011, 04:58:45 AM

Cheers Bruno,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I have created a new thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56032.0

If you feel the need for someone in this role and are willing to support me then please add your name to the list.

Added! Commented! Done!

This thread was started, in essence, to hunt down a marketeer. I feel we now have the right person to do that marketing--worldly.

~Bruno~

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: