Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:15:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the IRS ruling final? Where is the legal / technical analysis?  (Read 4196 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:48:56 AM

The IRS ruling is not final, it will only get worse however. That's tyranny...

If you are correct, as you may well be, it becomes incumbent on users to find legal ways around the IRS policy.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 01:36:05 PM

If you are correct, as you may well be, it becomes incumbent on users to find legal ways around the IRS policy.

My legal way to NOT pay tax for spending my Bitcoins (as a currency) is to NOT live in the USA  Grin
Which works fine, so long as you also aren't a US citizen.

Unfortunately, US citizens pay taxes whether they are in the US or not, according to the "law".  Sad

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

My legal way to NOT pay tax for spending my Bitcoins (as a currency) is to NOT live in the USA  Grin
Which works fine, so long as you also aren't a US citizen.

Unfortunately, US citizens pay taxes whether they are in the US or not, according to the "law".  Sad

Your tax liability depends on what vehicle you use to set up your business.

Corporations For Crypto
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 07:42:39 AM

Here is an article I found helpful. I am trying to follow this stuff as much as possible. Not very cut-and-dry...

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-regulation-lessons-early-days-skype/

The bitcoin industry seems to be adamant that bitcoin is a currency and bitcoin companies are financial institutions. This was very much in evidence at Bitcoin2014, where all major actors were describing their progress to ‘regulatory compliance’. But is this necessary?

From the inception of Skype, we could have said that the firm is a telco (telecommunications company). We could have decided to apply for telecoms licences all around the world and customize the product to both match and support the vagaries of different rules and directives.

It would have been the logical thing to do and it is similar to the route many bitcoin actors are taking today. However, if Skype had done so, it would have been the worst strategic mistake it ever made.

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

1. Is is final? i.e., when they ask for comments/questions does that mean they are seeking feedback on their initial view?

Nothing is every final. Congress could easily (in theory) pass a budget/law that would essentially change this ruling.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:58:22 AM

1. Is is final? i.e., when they ask for comments/questions does that mean they are seeking feedback on their initial view?

Nothing is every final. Congress could easily (in theory) pass a budget/law that would essentially change this ruling.

And Congress is not going to do shit so it is up to every Bitcoiner to figure it out for him/herself.

There are ways.

Corporations For Crypto
Harley997

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:01:01 AM

And Congress is not going to do shit so it is up to every Bitcoiner to figure it out for him/herself.

There are ways.

Congress has gotten some legislation passed. Granted it has not been much due to extreme polarization but bills have passed.

PRIMEDICE
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:06:37 AM

There are ways.

Congress has gotten some legislation passed. Granted it has not been much due to extreme polarization but bills have passed.

You will end up needing me and guys like me but remember, I was here first.................

Corporations For Crypto
Harley997

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:30:49 AM

There are ways.

You will end up needing me and guys like me but remember, I was here first.................
Can you get congress to pass a law to reverse the IRS ruling?

PRIMEDICE
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: