Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: weird idea: a bitcoin game  (Read 1577 times)
fornit (OP)

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 02:43:16 PM

while thinking about kibas plan to make a game funded by bitcoins
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5465.0
i thought about an old abandoned fun project of mine, a remake of agent usa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_USA

when i thought about reviving the project (and maybe get someone to give me some bitcoins for it  Grin) i imagined possible mods and stuff and got an idea: why not make it a bitcoin related game instead?

the basic idea is very simple: you keep the games fundamentals, like the train traveling, normal and zombie-like people and dropping replicating objects to save the latter.
but instead of dropping crystals, you drop bitcoins. regarding the backgroundstory, the zombies are not "fuzzed" like in the original game, but just panicking because they are scared of their monetary system collapsing. (printing too much money like the US, or having to save one country after another like in the EU)
to make it more about bitcoins not just a remake with different graphics, there should be a simplified version of the bitcoin generation model  present in the game. so when bitcoins start replicating, difficulty increases and the replication slows down. after a certain amount is generated, smaller coins are generated, which only save zombies if they get more than one. to counter those effects, value increases for every saved zombie, who is now using bitcoin instead of dollars. i am thinking of a moving status bar, that moves in one direction whenever the new bitcoins get "smaller", and the other direction when they get more valuable)

so, when you get the growing number of panicking people to accept bitcoins fast without generating bitcoins that just lie around, your bitcoin value is high and the game stays easy. if you stash to much bitcoins or have them lie around without being picked up, value decreases and you will have to give huge amounts to convert new people. (alternative: conversion needs a fixed amount and you gain money from converting people with bitcoin and if the value gets too low you might not have enough money to travel)
you win the game when you accumulate a certain amount of real world value in bitcoins and bring it to the central bank (the ex-fuzz bomb) to convert the countries currency to bitcoin.

so, what do you think?
is this idea worth pursuing or is too silly or the whole agent usa game concept not interesting enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 02:20:42 AM

The idea seems fun!  Go for it!  For some reason I am reminded of Plants vs Zombies, which is quite an addicting/fun game also with a potentially silly idea.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 04:11:29 AM

while thinking about kibas plan to make a game funded by bitcoins
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5465.0

Aww, you didn't even pledge 5 btc for my project?  Cry

fornit (OP)

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 12:41:12 PM

nope, i didnt. mostly because i dont really get the idea of your game. and second, i looked at your jstet code and wasnt impressed so much. i am not really sure if you can code, design and balance a totally new game all by yourself. but if you give a more detailed concept of your game, i might support you.

in comparison, my game is even less ambitious even though i intend to have at least some gfx and sound.
but obviously, public interest in my project is very low, so i am not so motivated to realize it. i was looking forward to do some game programming, but i wont code a game nobody will ever touch Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: