Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Faucet is VERY low. Maybe we should top it up?  (Read 3797 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 03:59:29 PM

i know a great way to get more donations to the faucet: allow donators to leave a short piece of text.  since the bitcoin faucet is such a popular url, donators could leave a link to their website or company, acting as an advertisement.  public pilanthopy to new bitcoin users as a way to promote your company/brand image...

Damn that is a good idea not sure how easy it is to implement with btc, shouldn't be hard for a guy like Gavin and with as much love as the Faucet gets.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2222

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 09:12:37 PM

i know a great way to get more donations to the faucet: allow donators to leave a short piece of text.  since the bitcoin faucet is such a popular url, donators could leave a link to their website or company, acting as an advertisement.  public pilanthopy to new bitcoin users as a way to promote your company/brand image...
Neat idea-- I've been thinking about how to let people/companies sponsor the Faucet.

The next couple of things on my TODO list are getting the 0.3.21 bitcoin release process started and an API for ClearCoin, but I might tackle Faucet donations after those are done.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 09:23:17 PM

bitcoin@gulag:~ bin/bitcoind sendtoaddress 15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC 10
sent

10 more!

Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 07:03:23 PM

bitcoin@gulag:~ bin/bitcoind sendtoaddress 15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC 10
sent

10 more!

Haha, "gulag" what a nice name for a host!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: