Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I would purchase mining time with...
BTC - 231 (57.5%)
MTGOXUSD Codes - 32 (8%)
Credit Card - 112 (27.9%)
Other e-currency (ie. Dwolla, Paxum) - 27 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 400

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUMAX | The Bitcoin Mining Marketplace  (Read 215503 times)
The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 02:20:43 AM

I believe the passwords for miners should also be generated, and not be abc123. Smiley It kinda looks a bit disturbing. Smiley

Would you rather have no password like most pools?

This thought crossed my mind, but I thought you had a password implemented for a reason. Smiley No password and a hashed workername would be an optimal choice, imo.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freshzive

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 02:42:23 AM

Are purchases requiring some # of confirmations now? My 1st purchase was almost instant...2nd purchase made 20 minutes ago (3 conf) and still not started.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 02:42:57 AM

Are purchases requiring some # of confirmations now? My 1st purchase was almost instant...2nd purchase made 20 minutes ago (3 conf) and still not started.

Sorry, glitch on our side.  You should be set.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:19:56 AM

Hey guys just an update, we have a purchase in the system that is running on a pool that can't handle the hashes we are throwing at it so its causing some communication errors.  This should not cause issues unless your miners are failing over to other pools instead of GPUMAX.  We are correcting the issues and should have them fixed shortly.

Thanks,

freshzive

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 04:08:39 PM

A bunch of my miners are having trouble getting work...

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:10:02 PM

Again we have some purchases on pools that are either incorrectly setup or just cant handle the speeds.  We are working on the issues right now and hope to have it fixed shortly.

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 04:49:19 PM

Again we have some purchases on pools that are either incorrectly setup or just cant handle the speeds.  We are working on the issues right now and hope to have it fixed shortly.

One of my worker also is not working anymore. I think i have found the problem. The worker password has changed from abc123 to abc1234 ?!?!
As far as I know, I can't change the password, right?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:51:17 PM

Again we have some purchases on pools that are either incorrectly setup or just cant handle the speeds.  We are working on the issues right now and hope to have it fixed shortly.

One of my workers also not working anymore. I found the problem. The worker password has changed from abc123 to abc1234

Correct you cant change the password.  Our system changes the password to disable faulty miners that are either spamming connections, submitting stale work or sending work that was never sent to your miner.

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 04:56:58 PM

One of my workers also not working anymore. I found the problem. The worker password has changed from abc123 to abc1234

Correct you cant change the password.  Our system changes the password to disable faulty miners that are either spamming connections, submitting stale work or sending work that was never sent to your miner.

I see. The stale rate for this worker is 1.2%. I'm not sure what you mean with spamming connection. I have not done anything special...
If gpumax is not setting automatically the password back, maybe you could be so kind and reset it? Should I send you the workername via pm?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 05:03:06 PM

I see. The stale rate for this worker is 1.2%. I'm not sure what you mean with spamming connection. I have not done anything special...
If gpumax is not setting automatically the password back, maybe you could be so kind and reset it? Should I send you the workername via pm?

Please send me your username email for gpumax.

Thanks,

fivemileshigh

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 11:22:42 PM

Hey guys, btc newb here have some questions.

I'm trying to understand the advantages to one buying hashing pwr with btc. To me, there are two conditions that must be met for one to buy hashing pwr with btc, assuming one is in it to get as many btc as possible for the best price and not for ulterior purposes (attack the network, etc):

1. One is unable or unwilling to start a sufficiently efficient mining operation and,
2. One must expect to get more btc by buying hashing power than by buying btc on the market, albeit over a longer period of time (days-weeks).

For #2 to be true, one must bet that the combination of future price/difficulty will be such that over the length of the "contract", it will be more advantageous to mine (via buying hashing power today for a specified length of time) rather than to buy btc directly. At the same time, the miner must be of the (opposite) opinion that the btc he gets NOW for said contract are worth more to him in the moment than the btc (or the btc times the btc price) he is likely to get from keeping the fruits of his mining rig over the length of the contract. Does this sound right?

Thanks!
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Hey guys, btc newb here have some questions.

I'm trying to understand the advantages to one buying hashing pwr with btc. To me, there are two conditions that must be met for one to buy hashing pwr with btc, assuming one is in it to get as many btc as possible for the best price and not for ulterior purposes (attack the network, etc):

1. One is unable or unwilling to start a sufficiently efficient mining operation and,
2. One must expect to get more btc by buying hashing power than by buying btc on the market, albeit over a longer period of time (days-weeks).

For #2 to be true, one must bet that the combination of future price/difficulty will be such that over the length of the "contract", it will be more advantageous to mine (via buying hashing power today for a specified length of time) rather than to buy btc directly. At the same time, the miner must be of the (opposite) opinion that the btc he gets NOW for said contract are worth more to him in the moment than the btc (or the btc times the btc price) he is likely to get from keeping the fruits of his mining rig over the length of the contract. Does this sound right?

Thanks!

You are correct. But people could be interested in purchasing hashing power for other things than just plain profits. Read the last pages of this thread.
freshzive

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 01:35:25 AM

Any idea when we will be able to cash out? It is worrisome (to me, anyway) leaving BTC profits on website for extended periods of time.

Cheers for all of your hard work Smiley

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 01:36:12 AM

Any idea when we will be able to cash out? It is worrisome (to me, anyway) leaving BTC profits on website for extended periods of time.

Should be enabled tomorrow. Smiley

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 01:43:27 AM

freshzive, your btc could not be in better hands.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 01:44:38 AM

Arrrr, day be locked in me chest.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 01:57:41 AM

Arrrr, day be locked in me chest.
Going to offer payout in gold doubloons? Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 03:07:26 AM

Server just shat the bed, all miners getting connection errors, and the site is down.

Yea, still working out a couple bugs.... we are still beta. Sad

BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 03:15:07 AM

Yea, still working out a couple bugs.... we are still beta. Sad

No worries. Bugs are what beta is for. Best of luck fixing the problem!

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 04:03:32 AM

nice real-time platform. socket.io ftw.
Damn right! I love watching the money counters tick ever upward! Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: