Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you agree to pay for better trading information service ?
Yes 20$ a month (payable in crypto) - 7 (9.2%)
Yes 10$ a month  (payable in crypto) - 2 (2.6%)
Yes 5$ a month  (payable in crypto) - 10 (13.2%)
Yes 2$ a month  (payable in crypto) - 9 (11.8%)
No ! - 48 (63.2%)
Total Voters: 76

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Better trading information VOTE NOW !!! thank you :)  (Read 3027 times)
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:44:17 AM

you're kidding right?

so much for double/triple bottoms.

I thought they were a real thing.

Anyone care to post a picture of an example of one ocuring?

Technical analysis is shit

so why would you care?

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:46:58 AM

you're kidding right?

so why would you care?

Are all the indicators technical analysis indicators ? I don't think so.Furthermore I think a lot of TA is bullshit it doesn't mean everything in that field has to be trashed.
hlynur

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:19:40 AM

Are all the indicators technical analysis indicators ? I don't think so.Furthermore I think a lot of TA is bullshit it doesn't mean everything in that field has to be trashed.

ofc not, but a lot of TA indicators help to estimate trading situations in relation to the bigger picture.

sorry for my sarcasm but i've only seen your name regularly pop up in wall observer screaming doom and ripple, so I'm surprised now that you're capable of making serious contributions.

vote given and i see trust as the biggest issue. Most people are sick of manipulators, trollboxes and sockpuppets spreading FUD.
i can only imagine a well respected group of honorable people with a documented success in longer trading history pulling this off.

otherwise it's just like greasy traders in search of bagholders for their next "major" investment opportunity.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:46:04 AM

ofc not, but a lot of TA indicators help to estimate trading situations in relation to the bigger picture.

sorry for my sarcasm but i've only seen your name regularly pop up in wall observer screaming doom and ripple, so I'm surprised now that you're capable of making serious contributions.

vote given and i see trust as the biggest issue. Most people are sick of manipulators, trollboxes and sockpuppets spreading FUD.
i can only imagine a well respected group of honorable people with a documented success in longer trading history pulling this off.

otherwise it's just like greasy traders in search of bagholders for their next "major" investment opportunity.

Trust about what ? What investment opportunity are you talking about ? By the way what are your favorite TA indicators ? thank you for your contribution
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:33:23 AM

What is the usual setup now (for an average Joe trader) ? Bitcoinwisdom / Bitcoinity or something else ?
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:40:13 AM

What is the usual setup now (for an average Joe trader) ? Bitcoinwisdom / Bitcoinity or something else ?

I guess bitcoinwisdom is the most popular site actually. Bitcoinity is an historical site but lost some audience recently.
hlynur

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:47:07 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 01:38:18 PM by hlynur

Trust about what ? What investment opportunity are you talking about ? By the way what are your favorite TA indicators ? thank you for your contribution

the greasy traders were just meant as a metaphor.
Perhaps i misunderstood the kind of service you mean. (i thought it would also provide trading recommendations)

but still trust is needed when relying on a single platform.
imagine the provider releasing false data (eg. in form of a fake news article) and the whole userbase would take wrong decisions.
collecting the informations of btc's economy every week, filtering out the FUD and staying up to date takes quite the effort.
listening to the hives' buzzing on bitcointalk, reddit, tradingview and several newssites & youtube channels can be really exhausting after some time,
but i'm not sure if i would want to get that spoon-fed by one source.

The payment in this case would represent the reward for this trust in a team to really provide a reliable service of high quality in the long run.
that would be nice to have in an economy that tends to attract all kinds of scammers and dubious figures.

edit: regarding favourite TA indicators i'm currently playing around with Fib Channels, Ichimoku, EMA/MA, RSI, StochRSI, MACD, MFI, CMF

besides bitcoinwisdom i use http://tradingview.com for some months now and its tools really helped me to keep the overview during high volume phases.
http://btccharts.com/ is also quite nice, haven't used it in a while though.

dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

Ok. Thanks guys for the answers.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:00:29 PM

Something that gather charts, technical analysis,marketcap ,network data, news and some smart indicators ? And maybe a nice interface to trade directly through platform api ?

What do you think ? If no please say why ! Smiley

EDIT: I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SELLING FREE SERVICES THAT EXISTS ALREADY , just the idea to add some freemium features for btc trading and altcoin trading.

Service like that can get people who will pay to use but untill we do not see how it can help us we do not know how much would we like to pay. I think this is a main reason why so many has voted on 'no!'

If service will be ultra good I can pay few bucks.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:18:34 PM

Something that gather charts, technical analysis,marketcap ,network data, news and some smart indicators ? And maybe a nice interface to trade directly through platform api ?

What do you think ? If no please say why ! Smiley

EDIT: I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SELLING FREE SERVICES THAT EXISTS ALREADY , just the idea to add some freemium features for btc trading and altcoin trading.

Service like that can get people who will pay to use but untill we do not see how it can help us we do not know how much would we like to pay. I think this is a main reason why so many has voted on 'no!'

If service will be ultra good I can pay few bucks.

This is more a question about how satisfied people are with the existing tools. Actually 35% of the people who answered would be ready to pay to have "better" tradding information. To know what "better" means I would have to ask people, especially I'm not sure that people who are willing to pay 20$ and people who are ready to pay 2$ have the same needs and expectation.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:22:41 PM

up up more vote
laflaflaf

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:35:51 AM

Grin i voted

TheSmurfsCoin:Tn5HRXnMmbVQoDjsz3rgSZwZwQyz5JNXr2
ShareCoin:SfE8LN2MLVV5XHmKLizjZonAHYPMFS1muN
FootballCoin:Fe6JUNh9j9CB5pagUxWwifoSsNyLeU3md5
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:50:44 AM

Grin i voted

thnak you!
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:00:09 PM

News are important in trading and if you are reliable enough, trust me, you can get high ammounts.

Bitcoin is DEAD
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

News are important in trading and if you are reliable enough, trust me, you can get high ammounts.

thank you for your opinion
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:48:57 PM

up up more vote please
Hypnoise

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:37:19 PM

you're kidding right?

so why would you care?

fact is that it is possible to successfully trade and use only price as single indicator.

Hypnoise

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:45:52 PM

@mah87 you are trying to create yesterday addon for tomorrow system. Most of what we have now surrounding bitcoins is a yesterday systems. What is point in creating another one. Thinking in this dirrection, I would rather look into creating model (or framework for developing one) which can process and analyze in real time streaming data from all exchanges. Right now there is non.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:13:28 PM

I would rather look into creating model (or framework for developing one) which can process and analyze in real time streaming data from all exchanges.

i think this can be heard as a "better trading information" isn't it ? thank you for sharing your thoughts!
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

i found this website quite interesting: http://www.btcpredictions.com/?submit=
maybe try to develop something similar too?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: