Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Stratum] Overlay network protocol over Bitcoin  (Read 37819 times)
randy-waterhouse

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:13:57 AM

Is anybody aware of any java implementations that are using the Stratum protocol?

Open source preferably ...  Smiley
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 10:40:09 PM

Is anybody aware of any java implementations that are using the Stratum protocol?

There are python, php and JS implementations, but I don't know about working Java binding yet Sad. But please publish it on github if you'll make one Wink.

ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:46:00 PM

There are python, php and JS implementations, but I don't know about working Java binding yet Sad. But please publish it on github if you'll make one Wink.

I started something 7 months ago.
Sadly it's not even a working prototype ... think of it as preliminary work - I was just trying to get a feel on how to work with BitcoinJ and Stratum. Feel free to use or ignore.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 06:41:22 AM

Can you link to them? Perhaps add links to them from the stratum server readme on github?

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 06:44:51 AM

BTW, can someone update here on the status of the server network?

- How many Stratum servers are there? (is there a directory)
- Who runs them all?
- Are there reliable & trustworthy (two separate questions)?
- Has there been any thought about connecting to multiple stratum serves for security purposes (so one server can't lie to you)? I guess that this is a client-side effort, no server-side.
- Where is Stratum used today in production?

slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 10:50:44 AM

Can you link to them? Perhaps add links to them from the stratum server readme on github?

There are python, php and js implementations, all available on https://github.com/slush0

Vinion

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:55:13 PM

Hello

I am building a new miner software and I have a few questions about stratum protocol.

My first question for now is "How can I generate target from the nBit ?"
If someone knows please provide some code in any programming language you like.

Thank you for your replies

mattlondon

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:51:44 AM

I've started a MIT licensed java implementation of a Stratum client.

Its my first check in (i.e. not even 0.0.1 yet!) that I've tested it with some dogecoin pool servers and it seems ok, but it has not undergone any serious production or load testing yet (in particular I've not gone over it with any stress testing for synchonisation yet so there might be some concurrency bugs to be worked out). 

It is designed to be fairly self contained and uses a hopefully simple to use observer pattern for call backs into calling-code.

https://github.com/matt1/stratum-client-java
sundance

Activity: 22
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:21:53 PM

Guys,

Nice work on Stratum. A note that I hope you will take to heart --- this problem is already solved by open protocol standards (at least in TCP point to point cases). The rest of the financial world is already using it so for the purpose of easing future integration, it's best to leverage that instead of re-invent the wheel.

The FIX (Financial Information Exchange) protocol already covers all the requirements listed in Stratums spec and has been used for over 15 years in the financial world for relaying messages for trading, market data, request for quotes, and others. A recent open source implementation in C++ allows you to easily define new schema (xml, json) to extend the protocol.

http://fix8.org/

The protocol supports replay through sequence numbering, etc.
There are open source implementations in C++, Python, and Java, and possibly others. Oanda's FX trading system uses it:
http://fxtrade.oanda.com/images/FixSpecifications2.pdf

What you want is this to be adapted to the web server/client model.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:27:55 AM

Guys,

Nice work on Stratum. A note that I hope you will take to heart --- this problem is already solved by open protocol standards (at least in TCP point to point cases). The rest of the financial world is already using it so for the purpose of easing future integration, it's best to leverage that instead of re-invent the wheel.

The FIX (Financial Information Exchange) protocol already covers all the requirements listed in Stratums spec and has been used for over 15 years in the financial world for relaying messages for trading, market data, request for quotes, and others. A recent open source implementation in C++ allows you to easily define new schema (xml, json) to extend the protocol.

http://fix8.org/

The protocol supports replay through sequence numbering, etc.
There are open source implementations in C++, Python, and Java, and possibly others. Oanda's FX trading system uses it:
http://fxtrade.oanda.com/images/FixSpecifications2.pdf

What you want is this to be adapted to the web server/client model.

I don't think you really understand what problem Stratum addresses.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
sundance

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:33:18 AM

I understand it, and I'm talking about the network protocol aspect of it.
sundance

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:39:50 AM

Rather, I should say, I understand what's written in the Stratum spec. Would appreciate enlightenment on what I'm missing if you're sure I don't understand what Stratum's addressing.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

Am I the only one that was not satisfied with the Stratum documentation? I personally found it lacking in explanation a lot, I couldn't write an implementation.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

They expect us to reverse engineer python source code

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:37:19 PM

Consider it a trial by fire.  If you can't figure it out, they don't want your help.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:12:52 PM

I am not sure if this was sarcasm, but if it was, I would've preferred a C or C++ implementation. I have more experience with those than Python.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Sannin

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:19:43 AM

Hi,

can somebody explain me what is the session in stratum?

{"error": null, "id": 1, "result": [["mining.notify", "ae6812eb4cd7735a302a8a9dd95cf71f"], "00000001", 4]}

Can I ignore this parameter? What is it? Can I set this parameter?

Thanks for reply
rubberpool

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

POOL.MN - we mine the hottest coins!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

Looking for a stratum developer to modify stratum a bit. We will pay btc for the modification

We want to limit amount of shares per minute that an IP can send to stratum AND limit the worksize. This will weaken asics and big farms and make em compareble to gpu miners (so asic owners will just leave and mine something else). Is it possible? Please PM me if you have an idea

onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:48:58 PM

Looking for a stratum developer to modify stratum a bit. We will pay btc for the modification

We want to limit amount of shares per minute that an IP can send to stratum AND limit the worksize. This will weaken asics and big farms and make em compareble to gpu miners (so asic owners will just leave and mine something else). Is it possible? Please PM me if you have an idea

sounds like a job for a firewall with rate-limiting.
but: its a horrible idea

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: