Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I WANT TROLL-POST BUTTON NOW!!!!  (Read 1617 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:30:44 PM

So there is an obvious troll provoking pages of non-sense replies while being a 4-post noob himself and all I can do is ignore today's busiest thread? Seriously? Reporting this so it gets removed would be sick. All that replied to him are feeding a troll but people want to through something at so much stupidity and we know that that is why trolling works. Please give us something to throw at them that doesn't make them happy. I heard you have the money to implement a simple troll button.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:00:20 PM

Well this user is trolling indeed - but this is free forum and he can say whatever he thinks ... if this belongs to our topics...

We can just post a reply - and make it clear, that he is just trolling.
Perhaps he wont stay here for a long time ;P
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:08:43 PM

Just 2buttons Like and Dislike or Tumbs Up and Down will do the trick but those buttons are patented Tongue by youtube or FB i guess...! but Report to Mods button always helps fighting spam... and that post was Just total Spam..! no substance to back the claims..!

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:22:31 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 06:43:17 PM by Welsh

We don't need any like/dislike, thumbs up/down buttons it would unnecessary. If you think a thread/post is violating any rules of the forum then report it to the moderators. Otherwise, just because you don't like a post doesn't mean you have to downgrade it, because no matter if you agree with it or not some people have different views and opinions to you.

If you believe someone is trolling, going off topic or spamming too much then contact a moderator and see what they think about the individual, however if they do these mentioned above then the moderators probably already know about the offenders and are keeping a close eye on then or have warned them already.

A lot of threads are disliked in this community and that isn't because they are annoying, but they point out the truth and prove a lot of people wrong, no one likes to hear that they are wrong. So, having a dislike button doesn't help, it doesn't matter if the majority of the people disliked one thread because the minority might find it useful to them and take the information and learn from it. Like I said there's a lot of controversial threads in the community but, I think that's a good thing it encourages intelligent and resourceful debates.

Why would you want to be able to dislike a thread? You or the community doesn't benefit, however the original poster on the other hand has just got down graded on something which he thought was constructive and useful.
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:27:05 PM

We don't need any like/dislike, thumbs up/down buttons it would unnecessary. If you think a thread/post is violating any rules of the forum then report it to the moderators. Otherwise, just because you don't like a post doesn't mean you have to downgrade it, because no matter if you agree with it or not some people have different views and opinions to you.

If you believe someone is trolling, going off topic or spamming too much then contact a moderator and see what they think about the individual, however if they do these mentioned above then the moderators probably already know about the offenders and are keeping a close eye on then or have warned them already.
yeah but it tell you the overall liking and disliking..! If a post is disliked by 90% of the members that simply means that the post is worthless atleast for the members of this community..! same thing applies to Like button in different way..! but i don't think it will be possible to have those buttons.!

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:59:04 PM

but but but, if there are no like and dislike buttons how am i supposed to know if i am supposed to like or dislike something?

he;lp, there's not enough group think in this echo chamber and it's bothering my delicate cloud castles
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:52:32 PM

There are thousands of butthurt people because they invested late in Bitcoin and watched chaos as Bitcoin fell.

They will write out their butthurt , and it will remain on the forums.

They have the right to remain here , as much as Ponzis and HYIPs.

They may be disliked , but they still have the right to post what they think on the forums.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:43:37 PM

Ok, so I can ignore people and others may see how many people hit ignore on a person. How is this any different from threads? I want to ignore threads, too and I don't care much if that is publicly visible or not, it should just not clutter my view. The post I linked in the OP is a perfect example of something a moderator should not delete as it may resonate with some people but it doesn't resonate with me and apart from asking for bail-outs which is a clear troll indicator on this forum, I read and commented in at least 100 such posts before. Such posts can just not contribute nothing at all to my horizon. They are less than worthless and just waste my time every time my brain has to read the title and compute and decide "ah, yeah, this was what was on my internal ignore list". Please save me these brain cycles.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Darkstone2

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:13:03 PM

yeah but it tell you the overall liking and disliking..! If a post is disliked by 90% of the members that simply means that the post is worthless atleast for the members of this community..! same thing applies to Like button in different way..! but i don't think it will be possible to have those buttons.!
If a post is disliked by 90% of the members but it doesn't violate any rules, it is there to stay. If a post is disliked by 0% of the members but it violates rules then it should be removed. It's that simple.

Doing something else is a good way to drive experience users away from any forum.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:02:14 AM

Is this the troll who posted a white house petition to ban bitcoins also??

So there is an obvious troll provoking pages of non-sense replies while being a 4-post noob himself and all I can do is ignore today's busiest thread? Seriously? Reporting this so it gets removed would be sick. All that replied to him are feeding a troll but people want to through something at so much stupidity and we know that that is why trolling works. Please give us something to throw at them that doesn't make them happy. I heard you have the money to implement a simple troll button.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:18:31 AM

We have the Ignore button unfortunately it doesn't highlight anymore because of it taking a lot of space
Scripting problems will need to wait till next gen forum

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:28:49 AM

If a post is disliked by 90% of the members but it doesn't violate any rules, it is there to stay. If a post is disliked by 0% of the members but it violates rules then it should be removed. It's that simple.

Doing something else is a good way to drive experience users away from any forum.
I'm not saying that if a post is disliked by 90% of members than it should be  removed, but there are so many other nonsense buildup around the thread which a member can avoid, I'm not saying that we bash all the criticism bitcoin face although i'll say that criticism has its own important, It raises concerns that a avg person have about BTC and we as a community try to explain the diff b/w reality and concerns.  ..!

rohnearner

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:31:10 AM

We have the Ignore button unfortunately it doesn't highlight anymore because of it taking a lot of space
Scripting problems will need to wait till next gen forum
and when this next gen forum will launch , that is a mystery in itself..!  waiting for it with some expectations..!

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 10:04:16 AM

Translation:

I don't like what he said and I want it gone.

~BCX~

+1
shahgarpett

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:07:35 AM

Activity: 1050

nuff said
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 11:50:08 AM

Translation:

I don't like what he said and I want it gone.

~BCX~

+1

i implicitly said i don't want it gone by stating that this is not an issue for moderators.

Activity: 1050

nuff said

Care to elaborate? Yeah I spend a lot of time reading and posting on this forum and therefore care about optimization. Anything wrong with that?

ɃɃ
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:16:53 PM

There's an entire industry devoted to professional trolling, and their job is to basically to astroturf and to disrupt online communities.

Whenever somebody calls them on it, they'll immediately hide behind "free speech" and cry "censorship", but that's just another aspect of the disruption - injecting self-doubt into the honest members trying to maintain the usability of the forum and thus neutralizing the community's defenses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: