Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:33:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies!  (Read 82929 times)
dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 09:44:34 AM

I could get into this. It sounds much easier than what I do now.. Download the exe miner, configure it for pools etc. go. I'm gonna go download this and see how well it works. I'll report back later.

thanks Drowzy for your support

if there are any questions you can always join our irc and we can help you if you get stuck
we also have some nice vids up now to get you on your way and a complete guide that helps

hope to cya in the chat

dbct

dbct
Community/Testing/Support Manager
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pisquare

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:06:14 PM

Well the Christmas and new year mood is on.I have updated my version.With the firs version I could only mine xmr with sgfminer with forced start.I will try it ASAP and give feedback.Have a happy new year.

PS:I would like an option to allow (or not) mods monitor and modify our rigs.This special help can be done for an affordable fee.
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 01:59:34 PM

I could not understand how to use myminingrig.com as proxy for mining so I decided to switch to us1.ethermine.com. I am not a native english speaker and my English is not enough to express myself. I have taken a screen shot and I believe someone can understand and give me an naswer.

https://s29.postimg.org/unkd3sfkn/Screenshot_from_2016_12_25_08_33_01.png

My question is in two parts,

1)should I use .pimp after my zcash wallet at 'user line'?

2)What are the other pool options for sgminer.zcash.conf?
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:30:52 PM

https://zcl.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Check the link pls.

Some links about sgminer:

Sgminer v5 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0

sph-sgminer (GPU) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
BTC_ISTANBUL

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 02:35:54 PM

sgminer v5 and sph-sgminer HuhHuh? Gablay which is the one we are supposed to use? I need other options.I am located in Serbia so I need a pool with European server. I could not understand how to set up an account at miningrigrentals.com? Can you check the photo?Does the settings seem to be true?

Thanks in advance.
dbct

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 09:00:52 AM

I could not understand how to use myminingrig.com as proxy for mining so I decided to switch to us1.ethermine.com. I am not a native english speaker and my English is not enough to express myself. I have taken a screen shot and I believe someone can understand and give me an naswer.

https://s29.postimg.org/unkd3sfkn/Screenshot_from_2016_12_25_08_33_01.png

My question is in two parts,

1)should I use .pimp after my zcash wallet at 'user line'?

2)What are the other pool options for sgminer.zcash.conf?

hello
let me help you out here

1 the . pimp is how that rigg will be called there if you have more then 1 rigg that would make it easy for you to see what rigg does what
you are able to change that to what you like (this is called your worker name)

2 the seccond pool is a backup pool if pool 1 would go down it would switch to that pool in your case switch out the 2 pool urls so that the eu and the us are switched ( then you will mine on the eu server of that pool )

3 when you still have problems with setting up a account on miningrigrentals or have any other question please after christmass join our chat and then there is always someone who will help you

thanks for mining with pimp and we are glad to have you all

dbct
BTC_ISTANBUL

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:48:53 AM

1 the . pimp is how that rigg will be called there if you have more then 1 rigg that would make it easy for you to see what rigg does what
you are able to change that to what you like (this is called your worker name)he

i) Talking specifically about 'miningrigrentals.com' , you have a number for your created rig , such as 32999 and you have got a user name to login the site lets say,' btc_ist' . So my worker name is a number and use name is 'btc_ist' for this example. What I want to understand is I will replace 3000.pimp with 32990.btc_ist  .Is that tue?

2 the seccond pool is a backup pool if pool 1 would go down it would switch to that pool in your case switch out the 2 pool urls so that the eu and the us are switched ( then you will mine on the eu server of that pool )

ii)I know that the second pool is a backup pool incase of pool connection problems.What I want to learn is , 'are there any alternative pools other than miningrigrentals.com?'.

3 when you still have problems with setting up a account on miningrigrentals or have any other question please after christmass join our chat and then there is always someone who will help you .

iii)The channel is always active and there is always a mod to answer, however the questions and answers are always same.In the forums we can re read and analyze the problems experienced before.They are like the case studies and we do not waste our and your time.

I can not talk in the name of other users but I personally prefer late answering forum to a live help.You are doing a good job with Pimp.I am hearing the softwares name from my surrounding circle.

BTC_ISTANBUL

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:59:49 AM

I also have some recommendations for the next version of the software.

First of all, sometimes we experience problems launching the PIMP.It is because of late response of VBN.Would you increase the reponding time from 10ms to 1s?

Secondly, many people whom I have chatted with about PIMP are experienced BTC miners however not much experience with altcoins. We would be happy if you could add a section to knowledgebase or a small engine to the site about what to mine with what binaries.To be more clear, if I want to mine ETH, I would like to see my alternatives.

The program should ask me which altcoin I am willing to mine? ---->I would select among the options.

The program should ask me if I would use a GPU or a CPU? ----> I would select GPU

The pogram may warn me about expected daily income (This is an option but not necessary).

The program lists my options. I select one of them.And it mines....

What about user name, wallet? These must be edited at the beginning.There must be pools and we must sign to these pools and enter this info, and our wallet info to Pimp.By and large it can be more user friendly.

dbct

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 12:20:02 PM

Hey PiMPs!

It’s been a great year. We’ve had lots of parties here at the office (and lots of drinking, too!), but now it’s time to clear our heads, dust off our desks and get back into the game.

Today, we’ve come forward with our first big content update to PiMP. It includes the latest versions of:
Optiminer’s Zcash GPU Miner
Claymore’s Zcash GPU Miner
Nicehash’s Zcash CPU Miner

To update, simply stop your miners and open up a terminal window. In the terminal, type pimpup, followed by the number of the miner you wish to update.

Restart your miners, and that’s it. Now you’re ahead of the game and your rigs are PiMPed out with the latest updates!

If you run into a problem, or need some assistance, or even a friendly chat, find us on the freenode IRC server at #PiMP.

Happy mining!

The PiMP Team

dbct
melt7777 (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:20:33 PM

you are able to change that to what you like (this is called your worker name)he

i) Talking specifically about 'miningrigrentals.com' , you have a number for your created rig , such as 32999 and you have got a user name to login the site lets say,' btc_ist' . So my worker name is a number and use name is 'btc_ist' for this example. What I want to understand is I will replace 3000.pimp with 32990.btc_ist  .Is that tue?

ii)I know that the second pool is a backup pool incase of pool connection problems.What I want to learn is , 'are there any alternative pools other than miningrigrentals.com?'.

3 when you still have problems with setting up a account on miningrigrentals or have any other question please after christmass join our chat and then there is always someone who will help you .

iii)The channel is always active and there is always a mod to answer, however the questions and answers are always same.In the forums we can re read and analyze the problems experienced before.They are like the case studies and we do not waste our and your time.

I can not talk in the name of other users but I personally prefer late answering forum to a live help.You are doing a good job with Pimp.I am hearing the softwares name from my surrounding circle.

Hello PiMP. Thank you for your questions. Your feedback about the value of the forum posts is very well received. I will do my best to post more helpful information here for you pimps!!! Thanks and keep those suggestions coming!!   

Also, I have been updating and incorporating the new information into the users guide, keep checking it for updates too!! Smiley

So.. With miningrigrentals.com, it is a special type of service that has partnered with PiMP to provide security and flexibility for PiMP customers. It is a service that allows you to rent out your rigs' hashrate for a profit.  To use miningrigrentals yourself, you can both rent your rig and rent other people's rigs to get yourself more hashrates to jump in on a very profitable coin or whatever your reason might be!

If you can, please use our referral link (which we prefer as it makes us a tiny amount of revenue!) https://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=733  and create your own account. 

Then, you can create a rig, per algorithm type, put your pools and information in, and you will get your own pool/worker information to connect with.

Once you have your worker info from MRR, you would put that into your miner conf on PiMP using the edit command.

However, if you do not want to use miningrigrentals, you would use a different pool.

We try to put more pools in as examples.... moneropool, flypool, and ethermine.org are all found in the PiMP default confs. Check out the PiMP users guide on https://getpimp.org/guide2, hope this helps.

I also have some recommendations for the next version of the software.

First of all, sometimes we experience problems launching the PIMP.It is because of late response of VBN.Would you increase the reponding time from 10ms to 1s?

Secondly, many people whom I have chatted with about PIMP are experienced BTC miners however not much experience with altcoins. We would be happy if you could add a section to knowledgebase or a small engine to the site about what to mine with what binaries.To be more clear, if I want to mine ETH, I would like to see my alternatives.

The program should ask me which altcoin I am willing to mine? ---->I would select among the options.

The program should ask me if I would use a GPU or a CPU? ----> I would select GPU

The pogram may warn me about expected daily income (This is an option but not necessary).

The program lists my options. I select one of them.And it mines....

What about user name, wallet? These must be edited at the beginning.There must be pools and we must sign to these pools and enter this info, and our wallet info to Pimp.By and large it can be more user friendly.

We did hear that VPNs are having trouble, we have listed this in Limitations of Software. You have to provide PiMP a good network route to the servers. Both ours and the pools. That can only be provided by you, the customer. If you know of any setting in particular that we can change to accommodate pimps like you, please direct me so that we can take a look!

Well, we've done a lot so far to make things easier. Right now we have the newpimp command that shows how to get started, we have pimp --chworker now that can instantly change an address in. Many of these tools were requested by our professional farmers and so we made them externally available via ssh. Smiley

We do have the tracker full of great ideas like this, including the "PiMP setup wizard" which has long been a dream of ours. This will allow people to get onboarded easier.  Yes, we are very excited to bring mining to new miners so crypto can be more accessible. Thank you for helping us do that with all of this great information!!!

Thanks again and happy new year PiMP ! Lets Stack loot from head to boot in 2017 with PiMPed out rigs!

pisquare

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:39:05 AM

Hi all! When I edit Json files some files say 'start with valid api', some 'can not find a valid api'.What may be the problem?Any suggestions?
melt7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

Hi all! When I edit Json files some files say 'start with valid api', some 'can not find a valid api'.What may be the problem?Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question. This question will be answered below. More information can be found in the PiMP Users Guide at https://getpimp.org/guide2    and also in new guides, videos and posts we have been making for you all, such as this one: https://getpimp.org/how-to-edit-and-tune-your-miner-confs-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/

In short:

The edit command checks the JSON syntax of conf files (but not .pcfg files) to alert you if you made a typo.

When starting the miner it is always done by a screen, so that you can look at the miner screen later.
Also, Some miners do not provide API access at all, so we don't know what the hashrate is, for example. The non-API miners, like Claymore and Optiminer, we can start and stop and even switch profiles.... But they just don't give the information.

Good news, it's working fine. What's happening is this: Because optiminer does not actually have an API, we don't get any data from it at all about the hashrate or the GPUs. so, it's mining away, but minerfarm only knows that "it's running" and we don't know anything else. We grab info about the GPUs from the GPUs themselves, like the fan speeds. So we created gputool for miners like this, since they also do not control the fans. use gputool --help for info. so you're doing it right. there's 2 good ways to view your actual hashrate. You can use pimp --test to attach to the running miner screen.... and you can view the "observed hashrate" At the pool we have a lot of improvement planned for this, but just being able to start/stop these miners from minerfarm is a huge win! really curious what your hashrates are on the miner screen, when you get them Smiley

Also, please run pimpup to make sure you have the latest version of PiMP gputool. We have been focusing on this and making improvements and supporting more cards.
dbct

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 03:38:23 PM

Hello PiMPs!

So far everything has been running smooth - but they keep releasing updates to miners! Thankfully, you’ve got the PiMPUp Update Platform. This lets you get the latest miners sooner - and get a huge head start above the competiton.

Thanks to PiMPs coming for live chat support, we’ve pushed several great fixes for reliability with the miner.farm agent. We’ve got temperature, fan, and clock control for GPUs - and started on some of the framework for new features coming this year.

There’s also a major Optiminer Zcash update for stability - version 1.3.1, and you can auto-upgrade to it.

First, be sure your miners are stopped with the pimp --stop command.
Run pimpup. It will guide you through PiMP updates, if there are any.
Choose Optiminer from the menu. Should get a big green Success after that.
Run edit zcash-opti.pcfg to change your configuration. FLAGS= should NOT contain the --experimental-kernel flag, this was needed for 1.2, but will break v1.3.1 and newer. You should remove that if it is in there. This is near the bottom of the file.

There’s also been lots of bug fixing and improvements to miner.farm, so it is even easier to see your rigs at a glance. Visit the PiMP farm at https://miner.farm/farmer/PiMP/farmstatus for a look!

Now, for the numbers!

The new Optiminer on your PiMP OS is more stable and gives a nice bump in Zcash hashrate. In the picture below, 2 r360 cards went from 80 sol/s with Optiminer 1.2, to 100 sol/s in Optiminer 1.3.1.

Don’t worry PiMPs - we’ve got much more in store for you, and we’re just getting warmed up for 2017. It’s gonna’ be a great year for cryptocurrencies, and we’re glad to help bring mining to all!

~ The PiMP Family

dbct
dbct

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 05:17:55 PM

Hello PiMPs!

Totally forgot to mention we also have a great new landing page for the zcash miners

https://getpimp.org/landing/how-to-mine-zcash-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/

~ The PiMP Family

dbct
dbct

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 12:41:26 AM

Hello Pimps!

Did you know that with a purchased copy of PIMP comes a Free base subscription of Miner.Farm - A webbased control and monitoring system for your rig.

If you are already using Miner.Farm and any  awesome features yet ?

so if you are a small hobby miner or a bigg farmer you can do it just the way you like

start and stop your miner from anywhere
switching pools
switching miner program
monitoring problems and setting alerts
collapsable farm view to make it easy
having a private farm

whatever your style or flavor of mining is this tool makes your mining experience easy  

For a preview of the farm come and have a look here : https://miner.farm/farmer/pimp/farmstatus

Did i mention that it is an affordable tool  just look at the picture below.

if you are a very large pro farmer we also have some great options for you then contact us if you are at info@miner.farm or info@getpimp.org

Sincerely,
PiMP Family

dbct
pisquare

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 09:53:38 AM

Hello PiMPs!

Totally forgot to mention we also have a great new landing page for the zcash miners

~ The PiMP Family

Hi dcbt.I have chatted with my old pal gablay12 who we cooperate for e-commerce about my intention for purchasing more copies.However, when gablay12 came personally and visited my farm installed sgminer for xmr.It works fine.I could not install sgminer-gm ..He told me it may be because of the pools I have selected.I am not sure, maybe...I am using coinotron and sprnova.

He told me he has reported my problem to Melt and you in the chatroom and there will be a table

Digital Currency: Ethereum

Options: Claymore, sg-miner,.....

Option 1 : Expected Hashrate for rx480 and for r9390x

The software I would like to use would be something with multi algo.I should only enter my wallet add at some predefined pools.I would decide whether I like to mine a specific coin or anything profitable.

It should send me alerts with SMS and/or mail.

I also use dummy plugs, pls make a code to avoid issues at restarting without monitor.

There should be overclocking options too.

I own 138 rigs.I need such a software.I do not want discount.I need my dream software.

gablay12 promissed me for these features and I promissed him to purchase copies.
melt7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 01:58:14 PM

Hello PiMPs!

~ The PiMP Family

Hi dcbt.I have chatted with my old pal gablay12 who we cooperate for e-commerce about my intention for purchasing more copies.However, when gablay12 came personally and visited my farm installed sgminer for xmr.It works fine.I could not install sgminer-gm ..He told me it may be because of the pools I have selected.I am not sure, maybe...I am using coinotron and sprnova.

He told me he has reported my problem to Melt and you in the chatroom and there will be a table

Digital Currency: Ethereum

Options: Claymore, sg-miner,.....

Option 1 : Expected Hashrate for rx480 and for r9390x

The software I would like to use would be something with multi algo.I should only enter my wallet add at some predefined pools.I would decide whether I like to mine a specific coin or anything profitable.

It should send me alerts with SMS and/or mail.

I also use dummy plugs, pls make a code to avoid issues at restarting without monitor.

There should be overclocking options too.

I own 138 rigs.I need such a software.I do not want discount.I need my dream software.

gablay12 promissed me for these features and I promissed him to purchase copies.

Thank you for your interest in PIMP!
You can view hashrates and example rigs in the PiMPs Corner: https://getpimp.org/pimps-corner

I have never used any dummy plugs, I don't know what they would be needed for. I am currently able to boot PIMP 1.9 and 2.0 without a monitor connected on a variety of cards including 270X, R360, RX470 and RX480. Those are the ones I have the in PIMP FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/pimp

Also, the above link will bring you to miner.farm, our pro monitoring service. This is going to be your main tool for managing your farm. Miner.farm supports monitoring profiles and email alerts for paid accounts.

As far as overclocking, this is not yet available in PIMP due to an upstream bug in AMDGPU-PRO drivers. We are tracking the progress of the bug here: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/137657081

Currently you can flash your own clocks to the GPU using Windows tools, or flash your own rom using atiflash included with PIMP.

Hoping that the translation was wrong as we do not "promise" features, but we do take all of your suggestions to heart and add features that are most requested or we think will be most helpful to the pimps.

Making mining easier and easier with every new version, we are committed to bringing mining to everyone.

You are welcome to grab a copy and check it out!  Definitely like/follow us on media, subscribe to email news, and drop by the IRC to have a chat with all the PIMPS!

pisquare

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:20:48 AM

Neither me or gablay12 is a native English speaker.

I told him, I would buy licences if we could make  pimp software would mine on 3 altcoins.Due to his conversation he told me he has seen a link at which a time-work schedule was published.He reported me that new guides and videos were to come within 10 days time.We agreed on the condition if I can mine using sgminer-gm, claymore etc I would buy 10 new licences.I have not seen the published project schedule, he told me it has been published thats it.

I have not contacted with gablay12 for a couple of days, he must be in Boston.He will come back by friday.I will talk to him personally.

Best Regards.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:40:21 AM

I have a version of Pimp from like 3 years ago and purchased a copy of 2.0 just the other day.  I would like to give some constructive criticism if you would like to hear it.  

Unfortunately my expectations were to high.  It feels just as dated and difficult to use as the old generation Pimp.   Just my 2 cents, it is not easy to understand the different windows, different apps and/or different items you offer.  Everything doesn't need the word Pimp in it, sure it is cute but not easy to follow.  Secondly, having to open multiple terminals and to write everything with Nano is a big turn off.  I am not afraid of Terminal and understand it is a good option when connecting headless but for those of us doing it on a monitor it is nothing more than a pain in the ass.  I ended up locating the files and just editing them with gedit.   Lastly and most importantly I never could get it to work as described, I ended up just using the miner installed directly and writing my own config and starting it.  That pretty much negates the need for me buying any more copies, instead it is/was a hell of alot easier to just make a Ubuntu 16.04 SSD and load on a few miners and place them as a startup service and plug and play.  Not to mention the unGodly key I had to enter to use Pimp

The Pimpfarm is nice but there are plenty of monitoring applications available now,one can easily setup a server with config files.

I was hoping for something to use with 40-50 rigs but unfortunately me needing to spend a lot of hours and a lot of money to use Pimp versus setting up a much easier to use solution for free is a no brainer.  I just cannot see spending $1500 for license and then countless hours trying to get it to work or just spending the equivalent amount of time making a simple distro to copy for each rig free.

Good luck and wish you the best.

btw- if anyone wants my key please let me know or if melt777 wants to donate it to someone else please do since I will not be using it.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
melt7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 09:04:59 AM

I have a version of Pimp from like 3 years ago and purchased a copy of 2.0 just the other day.  I would like to give some constructive criticism if you would like to hear it.  

Unfortunately my expectations were to high.  It feels just as dated and difficult to use as the old generation Pimp.   Just my 2 cents, it is not easy to understand the different windows, different apps and/or different items you offer.  Everything doesn't need the word Pimp in it, sure it is cute but not easy to follow.  Secondly, having to open multiple terminals and to write everything with Nano is a big turn off.  I am not afraid of Terminal and understand it is a good option when connecting headless but for those of us doing it on a monitor it is nothing more than a pain in the ass.  I ended up locating the files and just editing them with gedit.   Lastly and most importantly I never could get it to work as described, I ended up just using the miner installed directly and writing my own config and starting it.  That pretty much negates the need for me buying any more copies, instead it is/was a hell of alot easier to just make a Ubuntu 16.04 SSD and load on a few miners and place them as a startup service and plug and play.  Not to mention the unGodly key I had to enter to use Pimp

The Pimpfarm is nice but there are plenty of monitoring applications available now,one can easily setup a server with config files.

I was hoping for something to use with 40-50 rigs but unfortunately me needing to spend a lot of hours and a lot of money to use Pimp versus setting up a much easier to use solution for free is a no brainer.  I just cannot see spending $1500 for license and then countless hours trying to get it to work or just spending the equivalent amount of time making a simple distro to copy for each rig free.

Good luck and wish you the best.

btw- if anyone wants my key please let me know or if melt777 wants to donate it to someone else please do since I will not be using it.

The edit and del commands are not just nano, there is a framework of default confs that are live updated using pimpup, so the latest settings are always available. Previous to this, I did have the confs folder on the desktop so you could edit with leafpad, but this was taken out in favor of having the live updatable default confs. A right click paste is simple for even the newest SSH users.

We didn't put everything in the guide, but if you are looking for mass deployment options , they are in there. For large farmers there are commands and techniques so you can make your ideal PIMP config and clone it to all your rigs. For example, I personally made a video of how to put the key in the rig using SSH. There are other things in the guide and the site that tell you how to overcome these hurdles. We also would be happy to discuss volume keys and pricing.

For our "Roll your own mining OS" folks we also provide a standalone minerfarm client so you can use the professional miner.farm monitoring service with your ubuntu rigs.

That being said, we stand behind our product and our community, and if your order is less than 14 days old, simply reply to your order email asking for a refund and we will make sure you are taken care of. Smiley

I thank you very much for your interest and for your help in making pimp easier to use! Good luck kilo!! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: