As of now (early Oct 2026), BTC dominance is in the 58-59% range, and the CMC Altcoin Season Index is in the 60s, up from a low in the 20s a month ago. Currently, the official altseason threshold is 75, which is still a ways away... but rotation is taking its first steps.
With regards to the 30-50x returns, I believe that's less and less common these days, but it's not gone. ZEC is a good example, but it's not representative of the entire market. But money is being poured into certain stories, and a selective altseason, rather than a 2017 repeat, is what I'd expect to see. This cycle, 10x would be a fantastic outcome for mainstream alts.
Agreed I will be very happy with a few alts giving me a 10x this cycle.
Times change, we cant always expect 50x returns but there are still some that will, just have to get lucky in that sense.
But for me this time round i am just focusing on a few alts i feel can give me 10x next few years.