Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2026, 04:24:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The wallet has been recovered and is no longer for sale reward of 0.15 BTC  (Read 851 times)
Chris_Farli (OP)
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 27
Merit: 1


View Profile
October 03, 2026, 02:15:51 PM
 #61

I downloaded the 720p, zoomed in to transcribe & put these in a Bitcoin QT signed message verifier:

1BbEaWRTgWuC9qrYYfphGLh59V4idm9Vdw

Code:
[leading blank line]
Sign a Bitcoin message from address 1BbEaWRTgWuC9qrYYfphGLh59V4idm9Vdw and prove me wrong, I will publicly apologise here. It's just that I know that you won't do it because you can't and likely babble some lame excuse. YOU don't have or control the private key of that address. I'm very much certain that this is the truth and actually you are the liar.

Let's see what other "good manners" of yours surface here.
[trailing blank line]

Code:
fpKreFGey+T0cmUBA5Wj194ZrhYstMHgw9971oPG9k//bMcRSc1Rt/tdeNsh0Q1JSPIZB88J4deoamiTVw=

Is the whole signature truncated by that text box? The character I'm unsure of is the first one.

ETA: I think the signature length needs to be 88 characters? So it's missing 5.

The caption was supposed to be longer, but I didn't save it. I just recorded a video on my phone for someone who doesn't think highly of me.
doggywin
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 309
Merit: 41


View Profile
October 03, 2026, 07:20:35 PM
 #62

The caption was supposed to be longer, but I didn't save it. I just recorded a video on my phone for someone who doesn't think highly of me.

Why don't you get a job? Earn legally?

Do you yearn for the prison?

Stalker22
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1661



View Profile
October 03, 2026, 09:16:16 PM
 #63

The caption was supposed to be longer, but I didn't save it. I just recorded a video on my phone for someone who doesn't think highly of me.

So, you recorded a video of yourself signing the message?  What is that supposed to prove?  That you know how to record a video with your phone?

Sign the message or shut the fuck up! 


By the way, nobody here thinks highly of you.  Grin

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
███▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀███
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
███▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄███
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.
.ROOBET.██████.IIIIICRYPTO'S FASTEST GROWING CASINO.██████.
|
▄
█▄█
▀█▀
▄████▄▄█████████▄▄████▄
█▄████▀█░░█████░░█▀████▄█
▀█▄▄░▐███████████▌░▄▄█▀
▐██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
████████▄▄█████████
█
█
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀████████████████
▀
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
| 
.
    PLAY NOW    
Cricktor
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1638
Merit: 4574



View Profile
October 03, 2026, 09:37:18 PM
 #64

Why do you record a video which any AI video generator likely can mimik? For others and me to be able to verify that you actually control the private key of said address, you post the text and the Bitcoin signature here as plain text, simple as that. Then it can be verified cryptographically. You make things unnecessary complicated and if the signature is truncated, it's worthless.

To make it good you could e.g. use the text that you cited from me, add the current date and your account name, so that it can't be pre-fabricated. You can find inspiration e.g. from this topic's post Re: Stake your Bitcoin address here. It's not rocket science exactly.

Adding your account name here and the current date shows that the signed message text likely wasn't pre-produced in the past and I consider this important and necessary. There's a reason that most staked Bitcoin addresses use such text details as in the linked post and address staking topic.

I repeat: I will publicly apologize if I can verify properly that you actually control the private key of the funded address. I have no problem to admit when I was wrong.

And I repeat again: because the wallet is not only in your own hands and if copies of it, given away in the past, are also a legit old legacy wallet AND the wallet's password is now known publicly, I highly recommend to move the coins to a different wallet which private keys only you control.

I don't need to understand why you don't see this as a potential problem for the coins of that address. Whatever...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!