A noteI spent years studying Zycord's technology: the architecture, the paper, prototypes, validation. What I studied least was the launch and mining, and 1 October showed it. I'm studying it now.
A few things I want to make clear for anyone arriving:
Mining at home is hard. With the attention the project has drawn, an ordinary computer is now a very small share of the network. gabrielesor and shadow_69 measured this here in the thread. You can still find blocks, but the return is small, and a pool makes it steadier.
Part of the network's hashrate probably comes from people renting it on hashrate marketplaces. As a reference, 1 MH/s of RandomX goes for around US$35-40 a day there. Producing the same hashrate at home would take about 300 ordinary machines and cost far more in electricity alone. That is what home mining is up against.
Zcash's launch is also worth studying: price, supply and demand. It's a good case to compare with Zycord.
The emission schedule. The reward rises in a straight line until day 30, so daily emission grows a lot over the month:
Emission on day 1 ~980 ZCD
Emission on day 30 ~57,800 ZCD
Total at end of ramp ~882,000 ZCD
Total around day 45 ~1.76 million (2x)
Total around day 60 ~2.6 million (3x)
You don't need many coins to build. The testnet is free and the cEVM is already open there. Deploying a contract on mainnet takes a small amount of ZCD, which home mining covers.
On my side, I'm focused on decisions I still need to study: the community fund, the technical scope of the next stages, and planning. There's a lot of study and planning under way, and I'll bring each proposal here when it's ready.