Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE BitBacco (BB) Stock is a SCAM  (Read 1258 times)
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 08:15:43 PM

Hi people,

Back from semi/possible/something-like-retirement here having closed shop a few months ago probably more than temporarily to make this scam alert. Title says it all really. Sorry guys! To be honest I would have thought you'd need some kind of verification to get listed on there... If they want to hand the deeds or whatever there is on GLBSE to me I'll happily not kill the stock, but like I say, I'm not all that likely to open shop in the next month or two at the very least…

In memoriam of Bitcoin's first tobacconist   Undecided

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:25:28 AM

Im confused, could you repeat that ?  Undecided

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:24:49 AM

Maybe his post on the GLBSE forum was clearer. Here's my take on it: Someone other than the OP listed BB on GLBSE to raise funds using the name of BitBacco, but is not associated with the OP, and the OP has only just now realised.

The contract for BB on GLBSE is not signed, so there's no way to check who put it there.

Lesson for GLBSE investors: verify contract signatures before investing! The same thing would have steered you clear from the fake GLBSE listing of GLBSE.

The 30 day volume is 0.15 BTC, so at least the damage is minimal.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:39:12 AM

Yup, another GLBSE asset that is claiming that it was hijacked, or a fraud.

Funny how they all seem to be happy selling shares until it slows down and then they are "getting out of bitcoins" or "it is more work and not profitable" or the "account was a fake and/or hijacked", but the only sucker who gets hurt in any of it is the one who invested in the asset. The alleged scammers get off free and clear. The original "owners" of the brand or asset walk away with no ramifications, and the market just sits there welcoming more scammers to come and create cesspools of fraud one after the next.

Is BitBacco a scammer or is this the one honest story in a long line of scams? Decide for yourself.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:02:15 AM

Ill stick with buying shares of IBB Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:15:43 AM

Is BitBacco a scammer or is this the one honest story in a long line of scams? Decide for yourself.

The number of new, bogus assets is near or at 0 since Nef upped the fee to create a new asset. I'd like to see them enforce signing on new assets and have some requirement that the asset creator has atleast made a 'public' announcement with their sig on the forums here as well before the asset is allowed through.

My vote is that the OP here is telling the truth.  Though, it does make one wonder why he did not notice the 'fake' asset sooner.?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
LoupGaroux

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:18:58 AM

I suggested a much larger security/honesty bond to Nef, at least he went as far as he did. I also suggested a number of other measures to build some accountability into the system... hopefully some of that will be incorporated into GLBSE 2.0 which is supposed to debut on Friday.

I have found three assets that I feel confident in, and am watching like a hawk. Gone are the days of throwing dozens of bitcoins at the new issues just to help build a market.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:14:26 AM

I suggested a much larger security/honesty bond to Nef, at least he went as far as he did. I also suggested a number of other measures to build some accountability into the system... hopefully some of that will be incorporated into GLBSE 2.0 which is supposed to debut on Friday.
Aye, I had also suggested a bump in the asset creation cost in some emails we exchnaged a while back. I can't wait to see 2.0!

Gone are the days of throwing dozens of bitcoins at the new issues just to help build a market.

It's a shame too. :/  Why can't we just have nice things?!  I just realized where you were coming from with your post earlier in this thread after reading the Lif thread. Sad

oh well, weed em out and make more room for the rest of us.

The biggest grief I have with any of the 'crashed' investment projects, this includes Mybitcoin if they were legit. Is that none of them have come to the community when the problems first start to say whats going on atleast. Maybe it's pride. Maybe it's just not caring enough about the others who they should feel accountable towards. Who knows. My first reaction would be to find someone more capable and/or willing to help in any capacity. The whole silence and then running off thing is a real nut crusher...

cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 08:48:10 AM

The number of new, bogus assets is near or at 0 since Nef upped the fee to create a new asset. I'd like to see them enforce signing on new assets and have some requirement that the asset creator has atleast made a 'public' announcement with their sig on the forums here as well before the asset is allowed through.

My vote is that the OP here is telling the truth.  Though, it does make one wonder why he did not notice the 'fake' asset sooner.?
Thank you! The thing is, I shut the doors of BitBacco several months ago anyway so I haven't been following related activity as closely as perhaps I should have been.

But for the doubters, if you whois bitbacco.com the name/address there (which is the same as that which was on the about us page of the site when it was active) refers to me - John - not this 'Kyle' person who set up the BB stock!

I haven't heard anything from GLBSE about this, should I be doing something else?

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
LoupGaroux

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 04:47:20 PM

Unfortunately John, communication with GLBSE is at best a convoluted and infrequently attended mess. The glitterati here who are listed as key players at GLBSE have nothing beyond a limited custodial role, all operations is handled by Nefario, and the nature of the way the assets were created makes it nigh impossible for him to block anything criminal.

Looks like another interesting idea knifed in the back by little scammer boys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: