If you have the money, I would invest in an SSD of around 4TB. While 2TB keeps you covered for the next 3-4 years, I would probably think that it's a good ROI to invest in 4TB, which will give you a lot of time, and due inflation itself, plus the current CAPEX seen in AI, I would argue that the current prices are maybe actually cheap compared to future prices. By 2030 when your 2TB drive no longer is able to run your full node, 4TB prices may be a lot higher. Same goes for RAM. Of course, SK Hynix and Samsung may come up with some great solutions, or the AI CAPEX may reach a bubble status and we'll see another cyclical correction, but I would at least guarantee a good number of years of running a full node smoothly because having to resync from scratch everytime you run out of space is annoying, thus try to get a future proof setup.
Nah,
1) It's not going to be 2023 probably 2032 or beyond.
2) Even if an AI bubble does not pop or AI investment does not slow down, just the progress of things is going to bring drive prices down. There are fabs being specked / built that are going to take some pressue off.
3) You don't have to resync as you run out of space and upgrade you just need to migrate the data to a new drive. I even do that at times when setting up new nodes so I don't have to wait a day or two for the IBD to finish.
-Dave