OS: 64-bit.
Blockchain disk space needed (~/.bitcoin/blocks/ on *nix): At least 814GB and growing as of September 2026.
RAM with HDD: 12GB of available disk cache RAM with ~/.bitcoin/ on an HDD. The amount of available RAM needed actually varies with the amount of disk cache needed to cache all of the ~/.bitcoin/chainstate/ directory.
RAM with SDD: 2GB or a bit more with ~/.bitcoin/chainstate/ on your SDD, with ~/.bitcoin/blocks/ put on an HDD, or with everything on an SSD.
Putting two or more SSDs on RAID 1 to store ~/.bitcoin/chainstate/ may improve performance. The chainstate/ directory grows but it should be under 20GB for the near future.
With enough low latency storage for the ~/.bitcoin/chainstate/ directory, the big weeks or months long I/O delay won't be a problem, and a good multi core CPU with enough Internet download bandwidth will get you synced in a few days.
I didn't see a current hardware thread around, so I thought I would start a new one.
I suggest you put a link to where you got the information from so that all can verify. At support Bitcoin. Org, the requirements to run a full node include.
1. Desktop or laptop hardware running recent versions of Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux
2.7 gigabytes of free disk space
3.2 gigabytes of memory (RAM)
4.An unmetered connection.
5. 6 hours a day for the connection to keep running while you do other things.