Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2026, 07:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TOOL] DCA Bitcoin Calculator  (Read 688 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 4592
Merit: 15075


Self-Custody is a right. Say no to "non-custodial"


View Profile
September 18, 2026, 04:31:49 AM
Merited by bitmover (1)
 #21

Recently @JayJuanGee told me the most popular DCA calculators aren't working anymore. He suggested me to create a new one, and here it is. I think it was a nice idea, thanks JJG.
A brand new DCA-Calculator created specially for bitcointalk community

Open for suggestions and bug reports!
Great work bitmover.
My suggestion is simple as it is available on another website for DCA calculator.
https://costavg.com/
You can add exchange fee % from some Tier 1 exchanges, and use it for your DCA calculator.
That site has a table for % change from start of DCA practice, net % change, and % change for each round of DCA practice.

Exchange fees can be taken from some sites.
https://exchangewar.info/
https://www.cryptowisser.com/exchanges/
If you can add it to your DCA site, it will make yours more informative and helpful.

Exchange fee may or may not be necessary, even though surely exchange fee tends to be a user-activated input that may account for costs that go along with each purchase, whether exchange fees or not.. and I suppose even if bitmover might not be too excited about the additional potential clutter, it could be set as a low presumption, such as 0% or 1%, which would still give the user an ability to adjust it in the event that he believes such expense is important to account for.

[edited out]
Yeah, this tool can show you interesting stats as JayJuanGee suggested:
You created your account in 2023-05-06. had you invested $50 weekly since then, you would have now 0.15BTC which is $11,000.

Bitcoin DCA Calculator ($50 Weekly, 2023-05-06 to 2026-09-17)

I hate to be too much of a dummie, but I wanted a bit of an explanation regarding the two options related to share a link. Maybe such explanation needs to go at the bottom of the tool, too?

Anyhow I think that I understand permalink - which means that the inputs are saved so that if a member clicks on the link then it comes back to the exact inputs that the member had put in and had chose to share with someone else.

What is share a link "BBCode (Forums)" and in what context would such a link or sharing of that kind of a link be used?

Of course, our own personal bitcoin performance is likely traceable by what we actually did (to the extent that we had been keeping records), and so using a DCA calculator frequently helps us to consider what we (or anyone else) might have had been able to do, if they had followed a certain level of bitcoin investment over a certain period of time.

Frequently, I will use these kinds of calculators to show some forum member where they would have had been if they had been accumulating bitcoin since their forum registration date or some other date that might be relevant to our discussion, and it frequently works quite well if we might choose to show dates that are 8 years or more into the past and to show how it could be quite difficult (at least historically) to have had been able to beat a bitcoin accumulation strategy that had involved ongoing accumulation as compared to how guys had performed who had been putting their money into trading or even into shitcoins during the same period of time. 

Many guys are still struggling after 8 years or more of performance, yet a guy who had consistently put such money into bitcoin rather than into trading and/or shitcoins, would have had likely put himself into a decently good position given the amount that he had ended up investing into bitcoin and the quantity of bitcoin (or satoshis) that he had been able to accumulate over his investment timeline.
I started DCA in the last quarter of 2022, accumulated not too much due to finances and stopped accumulating at $40k in 2023 and then booked half profit at $90k and some later but still holding some of it, the profit that I sold I could not resist the feeling of holding fiat. I was so excited about the alt market that I invested and lost 90% of it, still holding those alts in the hope they will recover (I don't do leverage trading).

This has taught me a great thing, and that's how I already know how much I could still have because in 2024 my plan was to accumulate only $10k but I failed that target due to this issue but now my target is higher and I am not going to focus on anything else, alts are off book. Even on other forums I created a topic to average the prices of 12 alts that I bought with just $1k but then I said leave them as they are, let's put $1k in BTC although $1k is the minimum, I needed at least $2k.

The point was, I already know how much I would have made if I had not made that mistake, but now I learned the lesson obviously the hard way even if I read it so many times. But I did not calculate the profit I might make since the day I joined, but the day I joined, I was not involved in BTC or anything, I was blank, had no idea what crypto was, joined bounties and then started joining article campaigns through which I learned more about crypto and eventually started understanding about BTC when I came to realize I can engage in discussion here haha, long story it is but I gave you the short version. So my rule is simple, don't calculate, I use my short memory to hold as much as I can and I don't even know how much I have now, this calculator gave me a rough idea but I am sure I have more.

Well.  Sorry to hear about your various difficult paths, and surely there are a lot of guys who come to realize that they would have had been better to not have had gotten involved in either shitcoins or trading of bitcoin, and so a good number of those guys might end up coming around to bitcoin and then trying to stay focused on bitcoin and to stay away from either shitcoins or trading.

Of course, with bitcoin, there can be quite a bit of value for guys to spend 4-10 years or more merely ongoingly and persistently accumulating it and without stopping and without selling any.. .but many times it can be difficult to see and even it can be difficult to get started at a later point, especially for guys like you who already have 4 years under his belt, yet still having trouble really calculating where he could have had been absent the so many mistakes that might have had to both do with stopping in accumulating.. but then yeah, a tool like a solid  BTC DCA calculator (like this one that Bitmover put together) can really be empowering in terms of helping to make actual calculations of where you could have had been, and then you can use those kinds of "where I could have had been" as a comparison point to where you are at, currently.

If there is any consolation, there are a lot of guys who make such mistakes, and I am not even proclaiming that it is easy to figure out ways to become bitcoin focused, even though ongoingly it has been my hunch that staying away from shitcoins and/or trading of BTC remains the better of practices to assure ongoing, persistent, consistent and regular progress... .even though at the same time, progress is not guaranteed, even if each of us does everything correctly, there are still chances that bitcoin might not advance and/or bitcoin could end up going to zero... yet at the same time, so many of us have, over the years, tried to figure out ways that we can ongoingly invest in bitcoin in ways that are as aggressive as we are able to, without over doing it, and then to also build up our back up funds and cashflow management strength at the same time.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  Resist being labelled as: "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
bitmover (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 7825


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile WWW
September 18, 2026, 09:30:00 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #22

I hate to be too much of a dummie, but I wanted a bit of an explanation regarding the two options related to share a link. Maybe such explanation needs to go at the bottom of the tool, too?

Anyhow I think that I understand permalink - which means that the inputs are saved so that if a member clicks on the link then it comes back to the exact inputs that the member had put in and had chose to share with someone else.

What is share a link "BBCode (Forums)" and in what context would such a link or sharing of that kind of a link be used?

You should use permalink when you just want the link
If you want something easy to share on the forum, which looks more informative and more beautifully formatted, you should use BBCode.

here is an example of both outputs:

Permalink:
Code:
https://bitcoindata.science/dca-calculator#U2FsdGVkX1/PvUSiiIBXLVlLAkdU3WSMF55gQeq6vO5jV6AuYSbE1yy0JIVBSEZ9VhD+MPZuLZaXPYR5IgjYHA==
https://bitcoindata.science/dca-calculator#U2FsdGVkX1/PvUSiiIBXLVlLAkdU3WSMF55gQeq6vO5jV6AuYSbE1yy0JIVBSEZ9VhD+MPZuLZaXPYR5IgjYHA==


BBCode:
Code:
[url=https://bitcoindata.science/dca-calculator#U2FsdGVkX1/PvUSiiIBXLVlLAkdU3WSMF55gQeq6vO5jV6AuYSbE1yy0JIVBSEZ9VhD+MPZuLZaXPYR5IgjYHA==]Bitcoin DCA Calculator ($100 Weekly, 2023-09-17 to 2026-09-17)[/url]
Bitcoin DCA Calculator ($100 Weekly, 2023-09-17 to 2026-09-17)



You can see similar BBCode suggestions/implementations in other tools, such as in joker_josue talkimg




You can add exchange fee % from some Tier 1 exchanges, and use it for your DCA calculator.
That site has a table for % change from start of DCA practice, net % change, and % change for each round of DCA practice.

Exchange fees can be taken from some sites.
https://exchangewar.info/
https://www.cryptowisser.com/exchanges/
If you can add it to your DCA site, it will make yours more informative and helpful.

Exchange fee may or may not be necessary, even though surely exchange fee tends to be a user-activated input that may account for costs that go along with each purchase, whether exchange fees or not.. and I suppose even if bitmover might not be too excited about the additional potential clutter, it could be set as a low presumption, such as 0% or 1%, which would still give the user an ability to adjust it in the event that he believes such expense is important to account for.

Adding one more button  can make the tool more complicated and less useful.
I think the user can just deduce the fee from amount he buys, for example

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|  BTC     XMR  
  DAI     LTC  
   Fees  0.8%    
Faisal2202
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2072
Merit: 623


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
September 18, 2026, 04:12:18 PM
 #23

Well.  Sorry to hear about your various difficult paths, and surely there are a lot of guys who come to realize that they would have had been better to not have had gotten involved in either shitcoins or trading of bitcoin, and so a good number of those guys might end up coming around to bitcoin and then trying to stay focused on bitcoin and to stay away from either shitcoins or trading.
Yes, actually there are a lot of lots like me, who made the same mistake. The topic I created on another forum, many members acknowledged making this mistake and now I am determined not to put a single penny in alts, not even for lowering the average price so I can survive earlier, because, for instance, I can reduce the price of AVAX from 36 to 28 by averaging. I bought many coins at the wrong time. Anyway, those were the dark times haha, even if it was a great time for bitcoiners but I lost almost everything. But now it is different.

I also came up with another plan that I should start accumulating gold as well but physical gold is not so safe but tokenized one is not something I like. I prefer physical but where I live, I can't hold gold at home, and I am also not going to buy a lot, I am just a student haha.

As I said, for the comment about 4 years of experience in crypto (you made), I use my short-term memory, because if I calculate how much I have invested and then convert it into fiat, I might panic haha so I don't even check the profit or loss, just invest but I am at a point where I think I will stop now and will start investing in something else if I can manage but increasing oil and other things here are making everything harder now.

bitmover (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 7825


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile WWW
September 18, 2026, 04:54:04 PM
 #24

I also came up with another plan that I should start accumulating gold as well but physical gold is not so safe but tokenized one is not something I like. I prefer physical but where I live, I can't hold gold at home, and I am also not going to buy a lot, I am just a student haha.

I think you alrrady lost a lot of money overcomplicating things.

I would definitely buy tether gold or gold etf in your situation.
You will waste money in physical gold fees and spread in price. Or even get scammed. There are billions of dollars in tokenized gold and trillions in ETF market. You are safe there.

I even considered entering a gold option in the dca calculator, but it defeats the purpose of the website.

I think I will add other currencies such as EUR and BRL and maybe a few more

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|  BTC     XMR  
  DAI     LTC  
   Fees  0.8%    
internetional
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2324
Merit: 3600


AntiSwap.io - NO AML/KYC EXCHANGER MONITORING


View Profile
September 18, 2026, 05:28:23 PM
 #25

Yes, it's a handy calculator. Does anyone happen to know similar calculators for other equally simple accumulation strategies (such as Value Averaging, Calendar Rebalancing, Threshold Rebalancing, etc.)? It would be great to play around with comparisons - similar to what was done in this article: https://medium.com/rabbit-io/dca-alternatives-part-ii-d879ce44523c

JayJuanGee
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 4592
Merit: 15075


Self-Custody is a right. Say no to "non-custodial"


View Profile
September 19, 2026, 03:24:59 AM
 #26

Well.  Sorry to hear about your various difficult paths, and surely there are a lot of guys who come to realize that they would have had been better to not have had gotten involved in either shitcoins or trading of bitcoin, and so a good number of those guys might end up coming around to bitcoin and then trying to stay focused on bitcoin and to stay away from either shitcoins or trading.
Yes, actually there are a lot of lots like me, who made the same mistake. The topic I created on another forum, many members acknowledged making this mistake and now I am determined not to put a single penny in alts, not even for lowering the average price so I can survive earlier, because, for instance, I can reduce the price of AVAX from 36 to 28 by averaging. I bought many coins at the wrong time. Anyway, those were the dark times haha, even if it was a great time for bitcoiners but I lost almost everything. But now it is different.

Hopefully, you have figured out how to stay away from shitcoins, yet from the totality of your message, I am wondering if you have figured it out.  You seem as if you are very inclined to repeat your past mistakes.. .. so it can take time to learn, and surely there are guys who started out with shitcoins and trading and even did it for several years, maybe even longer than a whole cycle, so they end up kind of getting screwed in terms of being able to accumulate bitcoin with that money, and so guys can start to feel relieved to start to focus on bitcoin only, even though it could still take several years before they really start to feel progress and even see progress in their finances.. and of course, merely because there has been such progress historically, there had never been any guarantee of progress, even though so far in bitcoin's history these matters of accumulating bitcoin and focusing on bitcoin have worked themselves out.

I also came up with another plan that I should start accumulating gold as well but physical gold is not so safe but tokenized one is not something I like. I prefer physical but where I live, I can't hold gold at home, and I am also not going to buy a lot, I am just a student haha.

Personally, I think that gold is a BIG ASS waste of time, and if you are going to include gold, then try to make sure that it is less than 10% of the size of your bitcoin holdings.
 
As I said, for the comment about 4 years of experience in crypto (you made), I use my short-term memory, because if I calculate how much I have invested and then convert it into fiat, I might panic haha so I don't even check the profit or loss, just invest but I am at a point where I think I will stop now and will start investing in something else if I can manage but increasing oil and other things here are making everything harder now.

Probably better to be in bitcoin rather than crypto, and frequently, I personally suggest to people who are in the beginning stages of building their bitcoin holdings, there is nothing wrong with focusing on only bitcoin and cash.  So of course the cash has to do with cashflow management and back up funds, since there frequently are needs to have funds available to deal with situations in which the income and/or expenses fluctuate, so the income might go down and the expenses go up, so then it can be good to have some cash available to deal with those situations so that you do not end up tapping into your bitcoin at a time that is not completely of your own choosing.

I personally think that guys should keep on accumulating bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer until they reach a status of enough and more than enough bitcoin, and so in that regard, bitcoin is an investment and not a trade, and really the only reason to have timelines that are less than 10 years would be based on age and/or health considerations that do not allow for being able to hold for 10 years or longer.

Of course, guys trade instead of invest, so many times they are ending up with way less bitcoin than they should have had or could have had if they had stayed focus on getting to an accumulation goal that is reasonable for their anticipated income level and/or lifestyle... in which bitcoin may well be able to either completely replace their income level or to supplement it.

Yes, it's a handy calculator. Does anyone happen to know similar calculators for other equally simple accumulation strategies (such as Value Averaging, Calendar Rebalancing, Threshold Rebalancing, etc.)? It would be great to play around with comparisons - similar to what was done in this article: https://medium.com/rabbit-io/dca-alternatives-part-ii-d879ce44523c

For sure, lump sum can really supplement DCA, yet an overwhelming majority of situations, normal people do not have lump sum amounts available at the beginning of their investment nor at various points along their bitcoin investing path, so in that regard, DCA continues to be amongst the most powerful of strategies for normal people who only have money as it comes in.

Of course, there can be guys who might have regular income or they might even come to bitcoin with other investments that they might choose to reallocate into bitcoin.  At the same time, even regular income guys might have occasions that happen around a few times a year in which either their income goes up or their expenses go down, so as a result, they end up with lump sum amounts of money that is available to them to put into bitcoin or to otherwise shore up their cashflow situation.  

I frequently suggest that there are three options when the lump sum comes available or the investor makes such money available. 1) buy right away, 2) DCA and/or 3) buy on dips that may or may not end up happening.  DCA tends to be the best of methods, yet getting lump sum gives options in regards to buying right away or setting some aside for buying on dips, so if a person already had a system in place for buying right around $100 per week in bitcoin, and all of a sudden he has $3k that is available.  He could continue his DCA with the $100 per week and/or perhaps he could also divide the $3k into three parts of $1k each for 1) buy right away, 2) DCA and/or 3) buy on dips that might not happen.

It tends to be harder to calculate so many variables, and especially if we are considering now into the future, yet if bitmover were to put some kind of an ability to add up more than one formula into the calculator (maybe up to 3 or 4 instances), then some variability could be shown, even if there might be some short periods in which a lot of money was available, and sometimes we might not even need to have a calculator if we know a short period of time in which a lot of bitcoin was bought, then we can manually calculate such situation into our overall rendition regarding what we believed could have happened.

So let's say in your situation, you registered on the forum in October 2016, so maybe we could imagine a situation in which you front loaded your bitcoin investment in either late 2016 or even into 2017, even though BTC prices started going up so crazy in 2017, so realistically many guys did not really know for sure about what to do, so maybe some guys might have had a bit of an aggressive period in buying bitcoin, but then they got scared into either no longer buying or even worse yet selling, which may or may not have had ended up working out for them, even though we can see from the DCA calculator that even a guy who merely started buying $100 per week in October 2016, would have had invested $52.1k by now (10 years later) and he would have had accumulated 7.263 bitcoin, which surely would not have had been a bad place to be at this point in time, even though we are looking at a straight-forward DCA approach.  

By the way, with the various other approaches to buying bitcoin that you pointed out, there surely can be quite a bit of variability in terms of both how the approaches are interpreted and also based on the cashflow situation of the investor, so they would not be easy to put into a calculator, even though surely guys could calculate various points that they might do rebalancing, yet if they are fucking around with trying to time swings in the bitcoin price, it may seem on paper that they might be able to beat DCA buying, yet I have my doubts about that, since so many of those strategies get guys into a trading rather than an investing mindset.. .and investing has quite a bit of value when there is consistence, persistence, ongoing, regular and perhaps even aggressive buying rather than fucking around trying to figure out if the BTC price is up, down or sideways -even though sometimes it may well seem apparent for guys who have been buying bitcoin for a while if they might want to increase their buying during certain periods (that is if they have any extra money lying around for such purposes).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  Resist being labelled as: "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Faisal2202
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2072
Merit: 623


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
September 19, 2026, 05:24:54 PM
 #27

Hopefully, you have figured out how to stay away from shitcoins, yet from the totality of your message, I am wondering if you have figured it out.  You seem as if you are very inclined to repeat your past mistakes.. .. ......
No, Now, I am good JJG, I won't repeat the same mistake because if I do it again, then I would be an idiot haha. Repeating the same mistake intentionally! Nah I am not going to do it. As I said, even if I have to diversify, I will prefer Gold but not alts. And this will be the mindset of half the people like me who bought in the last quarter of 2024 thinking altseason will make them rich, but they all lost, some exited early but not all ofc. So this can become their mindset as well.

Which means alts are already losing their charm, but to attract me and other lots like me towards alts, I don't know what has to be done by them, maybe ETH can do something haha, hitting $10k but nah, it won't and I won't invest in it. Now it is only BTC or Gold or something else, maybe.

Personally, I think that gold is a BIG ASS waste of time, and if you are going to include gold, then try to make sure that it is less than 10% of the size of your bitcoin holdings.
Really! Are you saying this because of its volatility? BTW, thanks for the 10% tip but can you share more like what you actually think about gold?
 
Of course, guys trade instead of invest, so many times they are ending up with way less bitcoin than they should have had or could have had if they had stayed focus on getting to an accumulation goal that is reasonable for their anticipated income level and/or lifestyle... in which bitcoin may well be able to either completely replace their income level or to supplement it.
I can hold for more than 20 years but it is not about age for me, it is about resources and I just hope the effort will pay up because when you are accumulating with this mindset you don't want to depend on one card alone, like these days people are so focused on having multiple jobs, not because they can't make enough from one but because they don't trust their feelings anymore that everyone else is doing two jobs then why I would rest, so the mindset has caused many people so much stress already that they are finding more than one source of income because depending on one is not a thing anymore so coming from that line, I also can't depend on btc alone I have to save cash whcih you said for cash flow management which is obvious but apart from that an investment class other than btc should also be kept aside for safe haven kind that's why I put gold but you said it is waste of time.

Floczy
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 350
Merit: 181


Have you seen a grown man cry?


View Profile
September 19, 2026, 06:54:55 PM
 #28

Recently @JayJuanGee told me the most popular DCA calculators aren't working anymore. He suggested me to create a new one, and here it is. I think it was a nice idea, thanks JJG.
A brand new DCA-Calculator created specially for bitcointalk community
Very impressive
Chat GPT was already getting tired of me trying plan my future witch Bitcoin and backtesting as well

Although I don't know if it will be possible, the investment inflow is just one figure, assuming I get better jobs and increase investment, I would also love to see what potentials that holds as well,
Can you add something like % increase of investment within a particular period of time? Even if it is an option that you can change back anytime. Because the standard calculator still has to be available too.
I don't know if that can work as well, if it doesn't it's okay, me and chat GPT already had some confusion in that aspect too, crazy AI..

JayJuanGee
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 4592
Merit: 15075


Self-Custody is a right. Say no to "non-custodial"


View Profile
September 19, 2026, 10:34:10 PM
Merited by Faisal2202 (1)
 #29

Personally, I think that gold is a BIG ASS waste of time, and if you are going to include gold, then try to make sure that it is less than 10% of the size of your bitcoin holdings.
Really! Are you saying this because of its volatility? BTW, thanks for the 10% tip but can you share more like what you actually think about gold?

Ultimately, you can do whatever you like, and surely in the last year and a half or so, a lot of people got excited about gold, so it did have some price spikes, yet gold has not really performed very well compared to bitcoin for the past 14 or so years.. maybe if we start measuring from January 2012.

Essentially if you think about the qualities of money, gold has almost no abilities to compete with bitcoin, and in that regard, bitcoin is about 1,000x greater than gold even though bitcoin currently has around 1/20th gold's market cap.

Money qualities are scarcity, verifiability, transportability, divisibility, and costs for storage/transport etc.  There is no way that gold can meaningfully compete with bitcoin, even though it could take 50-200 years or more for the market to reflect the fair value/price of each. 

Of course, guys trade instead of invest, so many times they are ending up with way less bitcoin than they should have had or could have had if they had stayed focus on getting to an accumulation goal that is reasonable for their anticipated income level and/or lifestyle... in which bitcoin may well be able to either completely replace their income level or to supplement it.
I can hold for more than 20 years but it is not about age for me, it is about resources and I just hope the effort will pay up because when you are accumulating with this mindset you don't want to depend on one card alone,

Of course, I cannot tell you about how to invest or the extent to diversify, yet it seems to me that a guy could spend one or two cycles, perhaps even 4-10 years or more just building his bitcoin and cash, yet it depends on how much of his income he is able to put into bitcoin.

Many normal people struggle to be able to consistently save/invest 10% of their income, and surely we can see that a guy who is saving/investing 10% of his income, then it is going to take him 10 years to save/invest 1 year of his income, and so surely within the range of investing 5% to 25% of your income, the guy who is consistently investing 25% of his income would have had been able to save 1 year of his income in 4 years, and surely it seems to me that having a goal of being able to put one or two years of your income into bitcoin would put your bitcoin into a pretty good place..

And,  yeah, in the beginning, guys might have bad habits regarding how much back up funds they are keeping, so maybe if they are in the early stages of building their bitcoin holdings they might get their bitcoin holings and their back up funds up to various  points that might be 1-3 months of their expenses, yet it seems to me that the larger the bitcoin holdings, then the more justifiable it would be to build up back up funds that are greater than 3 months, and perhaps the larger that the back up funds grow, then there might be some need to put those back up funds into places other than cash, but from my perspective the back up funds and the alternative investments still would not have greater priority that focusing and building the bitcoin holdings, since bitcoin has been and likely will continue to be amongst the better places (if not the best place) to put value and to focus on keeping value there as compared with other places that value might be put.

like these days people are so focused on having multiple jobs, not because they can't make enough from one but because they don't trust their feelings anymore that everyone else is doing two jobs then why I would rest, so the mindset has caused many people so much stress already that they are finding more than one source of income because depending on one is not a thing anymore so coming from that line,

It might be a bit problematic to be considering cashflow and diversification of income in similar ways as you think about diversification of investments, even though surely I can relate to the idea that guys want to be marketable and to be able to get high paying jobs.  The more marketable a guy with skills, experiences and perhaps even connections, then the more that he can obtain higher paying income, so he may well not need to have multiple jobs if he has a job that pays well.  I recall when I graduated from college, my pay went up several times higher than what it had been, and then within that job my pay again doubled once in about 3 years and it doubled twice around 8-9 years into the job, and I was not even in one of the higher paying sectors for my own skills, experiences, connection and education levels, and for sure, I am not even claiming to have had connections, since surely guys with connections can get even quite higher paying jobs than the jobs that I had.

I understand that some parts of the world it is harder to break into the higher paying jobs as compared with other parts of the world, so I cannot really proclaim that I know what guys can do or need to do, since guys likely have various kinds of opportunities based on their age and whatever job skills they have or the kinds of work that they had done, including that some kinds of jobs have more potential to lead into higher pay as compared with other kinds of jobs.

I also can't depend on btc alone I have to save cash whcih you said for cash flow management which is obvious but apart from that an investment class other than btc should also be kept aside for safe haven kind that's why I put gold but you said it is waste of time.

I think that I already described some of my ideas of cashflow management in this post, and if a guy is starting from absolutely nothing, then he is likely building his bitcoin and his cash (such as his back up funds) at the same time, especially in the beginning, yet if a guy had already been investing for 4-ish years, then there might be a presumption that the guy had built a good financial base that includes both his back up funds and his investments, whether bitcoin or other investments that he might have.  I am not opposed to some level of diversification, even though I think that it is better to build the bitcoin and cash first with most of the emphasis on building the bitcoin before adding other investments, and surely if you are a student and/or you do not have a lot of discretionary income, then you could end up diluting whatever funds that you have with inferior investments, whether we are talking about gold or other inferior places that you could end up putting your value.

In the end, you have to figure out some kind of balance that comforts you in terms of how much you are focused on building your bitcoin  versus getting distracted into inferior investments.. .and yeah, if you don't have confidence in bitcoin, then you may well be led into believing that there are all kinds of other great places that you can put portions of your discretionary funds... no one can really decide for you, yet if you spend 4-10 years or longer building various aspects of your investment portfolio and maintaining strength in your cashflow management practices (systems) then you will be able to measure where you are at various points along the way, and surely it can become problematic when guys spend 4-10 years or longer fucking around with inferior investments rather than figuring out how to put most of their emphasis on bitcoin ..

and of course, there are no guarantees no matter which investments you choose and/or no matter how you end up choosing how to allocate your resources.  Each guy has to decide these allocation and cashflow management matters for himself and perhaps hope that he does not end up having a lot of resentment  4-10 years or longer down the road.  We cannot go back in the past, and so we really only have our ongoing daily/weekly planning that we need to figure out and to be comfortable with and hope that after 4-10 years or longer we have ended up making choices that we don't regret.

Recently @JayJuanGee told me the most popular DCA calculators aren't working anymore. He suggested me to create a new one, and here it is. I think it was a nice idea, thanks JJG.
A brand new DCA-Calculator created specially for bitcointalk community
Very impressive
Chat GPT was already getting tired of me trying plan my future witch Bitcoin and backtesting as well

Although I don't know if it will be possible, the investment inflow is just one figure, assuming I get better jobs and increase investment, I would also love to see what potentials that holds as well,
Can you add something like % increase of investment within a particular period of time? Even if it is an option that you can change back anytime. Because the standard calculator still has to be available too.
I don't know if that can work as well, if it doesn't it's okay, me and chat GPT already had some confusion in that aspect too, crazy AI..

Yeah.
 
Guys want bitcoin DCA calculators to tell them what is going to happen in the future, when that is not what BTC DCA calculators do.

Of course, each of us can anticipate how much we are going to make and how much we will be able to put into bitcoin, and we can even project out our investment into the future by using something like an Excel spreadsheet - in which we can put a base case scenario that we consider to be the most likely scenario, and then we can also plan out better and best case scenarios and also worse and worst case scenarios.  Spreadsheets can be quite powerful and incorporate our own detailed information as best as we are able to plan our own future detailed information.

When we project out, we can project our own income increases and we can also project out debasement of the dollar (and other fiat - which means rises in the cost of living) and we can project out how we expect bitcoin to perform in the future that would affect how much BTC we are able to accumulate and also what we perceive the value of that bitcoin will be as compared with other places that we could put our value.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  Resist being labelled as: "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Faisal2202
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2072
Merit: 623


#kycfree ❎


View Profile WWW
September 20, 2026, 04:01:44 PM
 #30

I think you alrrady lost a lot of money overcomplicating things.

I would definitely buy tether gold or gold etf in your situation.
You will waste money in physical gold fees and spread in price. Or even get scammed. There are billions of dollars in tokenized gold and trillions in ETF market. You are safe there.

I even considered entering a gold option in the dca calculator, but it defeats the purpose of the website.

I think I will add other currencies such as EUR and BRL and maybe a few more
Yeah, I know about the gold market and all that, but it's just how I see things under my control, and with BTC I prefer to hold everything under my possession now. But I will give it a try as well, thanks for mentioning.

That's a good idea to add a gold DCA calculator. If it defeats the purpose of the site, you can create a mirror site or another site if it stays in budget! But yeah, it might not get the same kind of traffic from here, so.

I will bookmark this site, TBH I was using the site for AltcoinsTalks for mentioning them, then for some time I started to face problems, and then I moved to another bot. It was when that forum was not allowing scraping maybe, it was a long time ago. Now it works fine.

TedMosby
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1400
Merit: 579



View Profile WWW
September 25, 2026, 06:50:45 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2026, 07:02:13 AM by TedMosby
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #31

Cool tool for those people who use the DCA strategy. I love the sharing feature because it's necessary, especially on this forum when topics related to DCA this, DCA that appear. So people can share proof to strengthen their posts easily. However, I don't see any comparison related to the lump sum strategy. Is it available on that site? If not, I think it's necessary to be added, so they can compare whether it was really a good idea or a bad idea to do DCA during a certain period of time.

Also, on the purchase frequency, if there's a custom cycle, like we can add based on hours or days, it would be cool. When people choose the custom option, then they can type like "2 hours", "90 days", or else. Because I watch some videos on social media that mention their hourly based DCA. But that would be impossible to do if the API you're using only provides daily data.

.◼.◼.Vega.bet.◼.◼.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...100 FS + 750% BONUS..MAX.WIN.$5,000...

███...FAST PAYOUTS  |  NO KYC  |  10% LOSSBACK...███
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...Play Now...
bitmover (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 7825


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 02:25:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), examplens (1)
 #32

Hello @examplens

You mentioned a few weeks ago that I was missing a twitter card! Just made one! Thanks for your suggestion.


https://x.com/bitmover2/status/2105301690023117081?s=20

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|  BTC     XMR  
  DAI     LTC  
   Fees  0.8%    
cocadalcan
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 616
Merit: 147



View Profile
September 30, 2026, 03:39:54 PM
 #33

Recently @JayJuanGee told me the most popular DCA calculators aren't working anymore. He suggested me to create a new one, and here it is. I think it was a nice idea, thanks JJG.

A brand new DCA-Calculator created specially for bitcointalk community



https://bitcoindata.science/dca-calculator

You can share using the sharebutton like this:
Bitcoin DCA Calculator ($100 Weekly, since 2023-09-16)

Open for suggestions and bug reports!



From the DCA calculator I calculated an auto sum of a past cycle to see how much return a long term investor can get from Bitcoin. The Excel sheet shows Cumulative Invested: $2215500 and Portfolio Value: $4587343. What an amazing Investment concept. An investor who has been doing regular DCA and has been saving Bitcoin regularly for the past 4 years has achieved a profit of about 107%.

snowpega
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 1078
Merit: 513


AntiSwap.io - NO AML/KYC EXCHANGER MONITORING


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 03:50:12 PM
 #34

A few days ago, I tested your DCA tool for estimating the net profit over net investment. I like this tool. Today, when I was exploring more, I noticed you have also created a separate page for the Altcointalk bot. How does it work? Like, how can I get a notification when I am mentioned by a member of that forum? Does your project also have a dedicated Telegram bot like some others? If there is one, I will use it and try to test it. If I find something new, I will keep it in my regular use.

Other than this, I have one question about 5 days' data. Can't we check older data on this tool which is older than 5 days? And if the data gets older than 5 days, is it removed from the site database? Or does it also keep the older records?

bitmover (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 7825


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 04:07:48 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)
 #35

A few days ago, I tested your DCA tool for estimating the net profit over net investment. I like this tool. Today, when I was exploring more, I noticed you have also created a separate page for the Altcointalk bot. How does it work? Like, how can I get a notification when I am mentioned by a member of that forum? Does your project also have a dedicated Telegram bot like some others? If there is one, I will use it and try to test it. If I find something new, I will keep it in my regular use.


Hello snowpega.

You just need to enter your username in the URL and follow the link
like this:

https://bitcoindata.science/altcoinstalk/notification?user=snowpega

There are no notification on telegram. You need to visit the URL everytime to see if someone quoted/mentioned you.

Quote
Other than this, I have one question about 5 days' data. Can't we check older data on this tool which is older than 5 days? And if the data gets older than 5 days, is it removed from the site database? Or does it also keep the older records?
I haven't create an option to get data older than 5 days. It is a good idea, I will consider it!

I don't store data, this is just a scrapper (it basically searches the forum and return the results in this page)

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|  BTC     XMR  
  DAI     LTC  
   Fees  0.8%    
Crypto Library
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1246


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 06:14:53 PM
 #36

First of all I would like to say thanks for creating this DCA calculator, but I have some confusion here that do your calculator only calculate the DCA. Investment which we did in the pasts?
I saw this for the first time today and when I tried it, I saw that when I try to do the future dca calculation it shows out of range.

This makes me realize that futures calculations may not be possible here. I want to clear up my confusion on this matter with you. And at the same time I want to say that if there was an option to do futures DCA calculations, it would have been a little better for us. Sorry,  if my words have been said before by someone.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Z_MBFM
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1260
Merit: 509



View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 06:54:52 PM
Merited by bitmover (2), JayJuanGee (1)
 #37

Recently @JayJuanGee told me the most popular DCA calculators aren't working anymore. He suggested me to create a new one, and here it is. I think it was a nice idea, thanks JJG.

A brand new DCA-Calculator created specially for bitcointalk community

The tools are quite good and have enough features, but I think the DCA calculator could be more useful if the average price and ROI options were added to the chart's hover toolup.

Now, if you hover over a specific area on the chart, you will see the Total Investment, Portfolio Value and Bitcoin Accumulated. If you can see the Average Average Price and ROI up to that date, it will be easier to understand how the investment performance has changed over the entire DCA period. And there is no need to add a separate large section. The existing chart already has the tooltip functionality, just add two new options. This is just my personal suggestion, if you find it useful, you can do it. Anyway, it is a great tool to understand the DCA process and encourage investors.


This makes me realize that futures calculations may not be possible here. I want to clear up my confusion on this matter with you. And at the same time I want to say that if there was an option to do futures DCA calculations, it would have been a little better for us. Sorry,  if my words have been said before by someone.
This calculator is basically made by calculating DCA based on a chart of how Bitcoin price has increased in the past. How can you calculate future prices where nothing is guaranteed. We can only make a prediction but how can you create a complete chart, it will never be realistic. Here the data has been taken from July 28, 2010 and up to the present time. And data is being added regularly daily


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌
 
      P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K      

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

  98%  
RTP

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 HIGH 
ODDS

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
 
..PLAY NOW..
bitmover (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3178
Merit: 7825


Trêvoid █ No KYC-AML Crypto Swaps


View Profile WWW
September 30, 2026, 09:16:35 PM
 #38

The tools are quite good and have enough features, but I think the DCA calculator could be more useful if the average price and ROI options were added to the chart's hover toolup.

Now, if you hover over a specific area on the chart, you will see the Total Investment, Portfolio Value and Bitcoin Accumulated. If you can see the Average Average Price and ROI up to that date, it will be easier to understand how the investment performance has changed over the entire DCA period. And there is no need to add a separate large section. The existing chart already has the tooltip functionality, just add two new options. This is just my personal suggestion, if you find it useful, you can do it. Anyway, it is a great tool to understand the DCA process and encourage investors.

That is an interesting suggestion I will take a look.

Quote

This makes me realize that futures calculations may not be possible here. I want to clear up my confusion on this matter with you. And at the same time I want to say that if there was an option to do futures DCA calculations, it would have been a little better for us. Sorry,  if my words have been said before by someone.
This calculator is basically made by calculating DCA based on a chart of how Bitcoin price has increased in the past. How can you calculate future prices where nothing is guaranteed. We can only make a prediction but how can you create a complete chart, it will never be realistic. Here the data has been taken from July 28, 2010 and up to the present time. And data is being added regularly daily

Yeah  we cant predict future prices, so nobody knows how much bitcoin you will accumulate of you invest $100 per month for the next 5 years for example.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|  BTC     XMR  
  DAI     LTC  
   Fees  0.8%    
JayJuanGee
Legendary
*
Online Online

Activity: 4592
Merit: 15075


Self-Custody is a right. Say no to "non-custodial"


View Profile
September 30, 2026, 09:24:58 PM
Merited by bitmover (2)
 #39

Recently @JayJuanGee told me the most popular DCA calculators aren't working anymore. He suggested me to create a new one, and here it is. I think it was a nice idea, thanks JJG.

A brand new DCA-Calculator created specially for bitcointalk community

https://bitcoindata.science/dca-calculator
You can share using the sharebutton like this:
Bitcoin DCA Calculator ($100 Weekly, since 2023-09-16)

Open for suggestions and bug reports!

From the DCA calculator I calculated an auto sum of a past cycle to see how much return a long term investor can get from Bitcoin. The Excel sheet shows Cumulative Invested: $2215500 and Portfolio Value: $4587343. What an amazing Investment concept. An investor who has been doing regular DCA and has been saving Bitcoin regularly for the past 4 years has achieved a profit of about 107%.

I would not deny that over any 4-year period, there are reasonably decent chances that investors into bitcoin are going to be profitable in their buying bitcoin and also in there choosing to DCA into bitcoin, and surely we know that the longer the DCA period then the better that the results end up being.

In your particular example, a guy would have had to have invested in the ballpark of $10,300 per week into bitcoin in order to invest $2.2 million over 4 years, so there are not very many folks who would be able to pull off those kinds of numbers over that short of a period of time, especially from their regular income. 

Of course, if they were reallocating into bitcoin from other investments, then they could have had chosen to spread out their investment into bitcoin rather than lump summing into bitcoin, yet it seems to me that DCA investing tends to work out better for guys when they are allocating from a stream of income rather than their already having the amount available for investing, and surely many of us likely realize that anyone who would have had lump sum into bitcoin 4 years ago, would have had been able to get bitcoin at anywhere between $16k and $22k, so they would have had done better as a lump summer (or at least someone front loading their investment in mid-to-late 2022 as compared with guys who had spread their bitcoin investment out in a DCA in the last 4-ish years.   

I am surely not proclaiming that lump sum buying is more applicable than DCA, since so many times, guys advocate lump sum rather than DCA, yet lump sum ends up not being applicable for an overwhelming majority of folks who tend to be more able to manage their bitcoin income over streams of ongoing and inflowing income rather than really having lump sum amounts that come available.

Actually, in cases that lump sum amounts do come available to some guys, I tend to presume that lump sum amounts are tending to come available at the same time that streams of income are also available, so I tend to recommend that guys consider their cashflows and any cash amounts that they have available in terms of all three of their options 1) buying right away, 2) DCA and 3) buy on dips that might not end up happening.... forms of deferral (related to DCA and buying on dips) can serve as great hedging strategies to off set large amounts that they might end up choosing to put into bitcoin right away.

First of all I would like to say thanks for creating this DCA calculator, but I have some confusion here that do your calculator only calculate the DCA. Investment which we did in the pasts?
I saw this for the first time today and when I tried it, I saw that when I try to do the future dca calculation it shows out of range.

This makes me realize that futures calculations may not be possible here. I want to clear up my confusion on this matter with you. And at the same time I want to say that if there was an option to do futures DCA calculations, it would have been a little better for us. Sorry,  if my words have been said before by someone.

I am not too thrilled about the idea of future DCA calculators, even though surely guys seem quite inclined to want to project their DCA results into the future.

Bitmover had been working on a tool that incorporates my presumptions regarding how the 200-WMA will grow into the future and also how those projections relate to how the BTC spot price will grow into the future (the tool has been labelled as fuck you status and so it relates to how many bitcoin might be needed to reach fuck you status), and in some private communications, we had been discussing my own projection as compared with other possible ways of projecting the BTC price into the future, so of course, I have an inclination towards my own projections, yet at the same time, bitmover has some of his own ideas that relate to alternative ways of projecting future BTC prices that might be able to be incorporated into a DCA projection tool, even though surely there is a certain grain of salt expectation that underlying presumptions might end up leading to quite a bit of variability from what ends up happening in the real world if the future projections are not sufficiently tethered to some kind of a reasonable foundation, and so many foundations might seem reasonable, but they end up being greatly off when they are projected and magnified into the future.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  Resist being labelled as: "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
UpTober
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 211
Merit: 109


View Profile
October 01, 2026, 06:22:29 AM
 #40

This new addition to the Bitcoin community is great because through this addition, an investor will not only be able to see the portion of his investment after investment, but he will also be able to see the profit, total BTC and total value of the portfolio all in one calculator. And through this calculator, an investor will be able to understand how the DCA strategy is actually giving him results. However, since the results are based on historical data, investors must remember that it does not guarantee future results.

I must also welcome and thank JayJuanGee for creating such a tool for the Bitcoin community and also for sharing such a great idea about DCA.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!