Yes you have the right to sell if there is no other ways out of that situation, especially a situation of life and death and at the end of the day you never regret your actions because what you used it for is very important,
I don’t know how some people Dey carry their bitcoin investment journey, if there is emergency, and the money with me is not enough, and I don’t have alternative, am definitely going to sell some of my bitcoin to take care of the necessary things which am suppose to take care of, it’s not necessary to be a life and death situation before I will sell my bitcoin. If am selling my bitcoin, and I didn’t use the money for something worthless, then am not going to regret selling my bitcoin.
You can’t be having bitcoin in your wallet, and you will be suffering, or your will have emergency, and you not going to sell your bitcoin to take care of anything which you are suppose to take care of. You can decided to sell your bitcoin during hard period, and buy back when things get stabilize for you.