Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2026, 05:06:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinomi might also have an issue similar to Coldcard.  (Read 347 times)
BitMaxz
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4130
Merit: 3693


♻️ Automatic Exchange


View Profile WWW
October 01, 2026, 11:27:32 PM
 #21

IDK if the answer is from a human official at Coinomi. Since the account is marked with AI Bot. These could be auto-reply answer with topic or keyword "Open-source".

It looks like a human response to me. I don't know how Reddit works nowadays, but I think they just labeled Coinomi accounts just because they are doing automated posts, but I think humans can also have control to respond to other people; Reddit just labels it as an AI bot.

If they are going to release an open-source code, it would be awesome if they were going to release the old one, not from version 2. Because we do not know how safe the old one is and I have been using it before, but I never touch it. I still have some coins from the wallet because they support some of the coins that I mined before.


However, even if I think they are going to release an open-source code, we still don't know how safe it is, just like with the Cold Card. The seed generation is the target by hackers nowadays. Weak entropy could only lead to the loss of our funds if we keep using it. Coinomi has old issues about spell-checker; someone lost his coin worth of $60k.
So I don't know if these v2s are safe to use. I still believe in official wallets that the coin developers created rather than using 3rd party wallets. We just don't have an option because most of us are looking for multi-coin support.

░░░░▄▄████████████▄
░▄████████████████▀
▄████████████████▀▄█▄
▄███████▀▀░░▄███▀▄████▄
▄██████▀░░░▄███▀░▀██████▄
██████▀░░▄████▄░░░▀██████
██████░░▀▀▀▀░▄▄▄▄░░██████
██████▄░░░▀████▀░░▄██████
▀██████▄░▄███▀░░░▄██████▀
▀████▀▄████░░▄▄███████▀
▀█▀▄████████████████▀
▄████████████████▀░
▀████████████▀▀░░░░
 
 CCECASH 
ryzaadit
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1555



View Profile WWW
October 02, 2026, 08:16:56 AM
 #22

This is worrying, because basically the account responded with an article from 2024...
-snip
From what I understand, they just keep pushing with empty promises and dodging the issue, when I contacted them, they just promissed too.
they only promised a Coinomi V2, without giving many details...\
They use deflection answer tactics. I also sometimes do this at the time: the official team giving something or a promise in public without any estimate or fixed date. To make everyone focus on something else, and make the topics being asked have less attention. Once a company, organization, or project does this, just don't hope too much for the things you ask. Could be a long way until they deliver those!


It looks like a human response to me. I don't know how Reddit works nowadays, but I think they just labeled Coinomi accounts just because they are doing automated posts, but I think humans can also have control to respond to other people; Reddit just labels it as an AI bot.
Just checking. Seems you're right, not fully controlled by AI.
I checked the account, and in the comments section, the account is not just interacting in official subreddits but also other subreddits. They make comments in several subreddits (Cold Card, Monero, and other subreddits as well).

ABCbits
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10402



View Profile
October 02, 2026, 09:59:01 AM
 #23

Man, what's going on with the devs behind this wallet? Why haven't they open-sourced it as promised? Is anyone pressing them about it? Users of this wallet should demand an explanation from the devs, that would be a good start...

Most user (who care about transparency) probably just switched to different wallet, rather than hoping Coinomi will change.

This is worrying, because basically the account responded with an article from 2024...

And in late 2026, their GitHub (https://github.com/Coinomi) have zero change probably since 2020.

dkbit98
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8889



View Profile WWW
October 02, 2026, 10:22:45 PM
 #24

This is nothing surprising to hear for me about Coinomi  Tongue
I already warned that some software wallets have weak entropy, and it's only matter of time for some AI to find this.
Coinomi wallet is something I really disliked, but people still used it thinking this is a good multicoin wallet.
Few years ago there were people claiming they lost coins from Coinomi, so maybe this was true after all...

▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄
██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██
▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄
▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄
████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████
██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████
████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████
▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀
▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
  
OrangeFren
  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  
▄▄█████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░▀███
███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███
███░░░░░█░░░░░███
███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███
███▄░░░░░░░▄███
▀████▄▄▄████▀
█████████
▐█████████▌
█████░█████
▐████▌░▐████▌
▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀
 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!