Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2026, 08:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinomi might also have an issue similar to Coldcard.  (Read 380 times)
ryzaadit
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1562



View Profile WWW
October 02, 2026, 08:16:56 AM
 #21

This is worrying, because basically the account responded with an article from 2024...
-snip
From what I understand, they just keep pushing with empty promises and dodging the issue, when I contacted them, they just promissed too.
they only promised a Coinomi V2, without giving many details...\
They use deflection answer tactics. I also sometimes do this at the time: the official team giving something or a promise in public without any estimate or fixed date. To make everyone focus on something else, and make the topics being asked have less attention. Once a company, organization, or project does this, just don't hope too much for the things you ask. Could be a long way until they deliver those!


It looks like a human response to me. I don't know how Reddit works nowadays, but I think they just labeled Coinomi accounts just because they are doing automated posts, but I think humans can also have control to respond to other people; Reddit just labels it as an AI bot.
Just checking. Seems you're right, not fully controlled by AI.
I checked the account, and in the comments section, the account is not just interacting in official subreddits but also other subreddits. They make comments in several subreddits (Cold Card, Monero, and other subreddits as well).

ABCbits
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10404



View Profile
October 02, 2026, 09:59:01 AM
 #22

Man, what's going on with the devs behind this wallet? Why haven't they open-sourced it as promised? Is anyone pressing them about it? Users of this wallet should demand an explanation from the devs, that would be a good start...

Most user (who care about transparency) probably just switched to different wallet, rather than hoping Coinomi will change.

This is worrying, because basically the account responded with an article from 2024...

And in late 2026, their GitHub (https://github.com/Coinomi) have zero change probably since 2020.

dkbit98
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8898



View Profile WWW
October 02, 2026, 10:22:45 PM
 #23

This is nothing surprising to hear for me about Coinomi  Tongue
I already warned that some software wallets have weak entropy, and it's only matter of time for some AI to find this.
Coinomi wallet is something I really disliked, but people still used it thinking this is a good multicoin wallet.
Few years ago there were people claiming they lost coins from Coinomi, so maybe this was true after all...

▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄
██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██
▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄
▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄
████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████
██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████
████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████
▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀
▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████████████████▀▀
  
OrangeFren
  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  
▄▄█████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░▀███
███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███
███░░░░░█░░░░░███
███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███
███▄░░░░░░░▄███
▀████▄▄▄████▀
█████████
▐█████████▌
█████░█████
▐████▌░▐████▌
▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀
 
DaveF
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4354
Merit: 7576


✅ NO KYC


View Profile WWW
October 03, 2026, 09:41:47 PM
 #24

This is nothing surprising to hear for me about Coinomi  Tongue
I already warned that some software wallets have weak entropy, and it's only matter of time for some AI to find this.
Coinomi wallet is something I really disliked, but people still used it thinking this is a good multicoin wallet.
Few years ago there were people claiming they lost coins from Coinomi, so maybe this was true after all...


The only reason I don't think it is, and it's not a great reason, is that there has not been more of it.
I know the absence of proof of something (weak entropy) is not proof that it does not exist.
BUT...Just about every time there has been a flaw found in a crypto wallet, library, app, and so on. It's been a lot more crypto stolen.
A few isolated cases here and there tends to point to user error.

Just my view. Not saying that keeping it closed source is good, just that it does not seem to be or have been vulnerable. Or if it is / was it's on a very limited very specific scale.

Think about it. If you lost crypto and were using an iPhone / iPad you would probably blame the wallet.
Never thinking it could be something like this.
https://www.bitdefender.com/en-us/blog/hotforsecurity/apple-patches-coregraphics-zero-day-sophisticated-iphone-attacks

-Dave

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀██████▀▀███████▄
█████▀██████████████▀█████
████████▄▄██████▄▄████▀███

██████████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████▄▄██████
██▀▀██████████████████▄▄██
██████▀▀██████████████▀▀██
██████████████████████████
███▄████▀▀██████▀▀████████
█████▄██████████████▄█████
▀███████▄▄██████▄▄███████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
 
 DΞX.fo 
▄▄██████
█████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
█████████
▀▀██████

▄███████
▄██████████
████████████
█████████████
█████████████
|
▄▄█
▄████▀
▄███▀█▄
▄██▀█▄██
█████▀▀█
████████
████████
▀██▄████
▄████▄▄█
▄█████▀███
▄█████▀████▀
█████▀███████
▀██▀█████████
|..BTC......XMR...
..USDT.....LTC...
....Fees  0.8%.....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!