Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2026, 11:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there still people holding worthless altcoins?  (Read 701 times)
WatChe
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1073



View Profile WWW
Today at 04:01:43 PM
 #61

Once in a while, there are altcoins that gives a decent profit but yes most of the newly launch altcoin today are just for money grab.  I also have lots of tokens that once had a lively market and now is sitting in my wallet worthless.

There is one lesson to learn here, in the altcoin market, once we see a good profit in hand, we must sell them, else, just like many of us who frequently investing in altcoin, will end up with worthless altcoins in our wallet.

I have also seen alts that once have decent market cap but with time they lost all that market cap and now are no where to be seen in the crypto  market. There are only few alts which we can invest for long term like Eth, rest of alts are recommended for short term only. Which means you need to quit an alt, when you are getting decent profit and don't wait for further increase in price. It's only Bitcoin in crypot market whose value keep on increasing with time and its useless to expect same pattern from any alt.

Freeveto
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 499
Merit: 138



View Profile
Today at 07:00:48 PM
 #62

There was a time for altcoins when it was possible to make a lot of profit but that time is not there anymore. If that time was still there then a lot of good profit could be made.

There are some tokens in the wallet that have become useless and have no value. Do you still have any altcoins in your holdings like this that currently have no value at all?
If you still have hope on the coins, you can still hold them because it is the bear market that affects the price of the coins, and you probably don’t expect the project to go this dip, but now that they are worthless, they can still get some value when the new bull run comes; even if you will not be in profit, you can recover some money and still make profit in some of the worthless projects.

Furthermore, when buying coins, it is good to check the project very well so that you will know project with strong community and good value to the community, so that it can survive the bear market.

M47AK16
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 387



View Profile
Today at 07:24:32 PM
 #63

There are those who still believe such tokens can recover their price, so they can finally sell for profit. At same time, there are also those who continue holding because they see no point in getting rid of them, since no good at all can be achieved through this.

In my personal case, I still have many SLP from the time I played Axie Infinity, but considering the price I used to sell during the ATH, I don't feel motivated to sell it right now, because low profit will be made. Then the tokens remain stored.
In your case of the SLP tokens, do you think the price will come back up to make selling worthwhile?  If not, would it be better to sell now than to risk further profit loss?  If I'm looking at the right token, I see ATH was $0.41 USD but is now $0.0007 USD.
To be honest, I do not really think SLP token can come back to as high as 41 cents. The most it can still touch seems 20 cents and that is where I would sell my shares. Selling at the current price is already bearing a huge loss. I assume you can still take some risk and keep holding to see if you can at least recover your loss. Instead of selling at loss, it is always a better option to keep holding for a really long duration and try forgetting about that investment.

You can keep those funds locked for a few years but can set a few take-profits. Stop loss might not be that important because the price is already at a rock bottom and I don't think it can slide further.

Delaforetnoire (OP)
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 542
Merit: 252



View Profile WWW
Today at 07:26:06 PM
 #64

OP, I have like three different alcoins specifically two are memecoins but I too ashamed to name them because I had them when I didn't know much about the cryptocurrency stage, I left them there without selling because I knew they would be worthless and it's not worth the stress, maybe seeing this post will make me go back to check on them but now I deal strictly on Bitcoin investment.
Sometimes when I look at the coins, I feel very regret because bought them at high prices and they are lying in dead condition. If the tokens lying in dead condition had value then I could redeem a good amount of dollars, but I am sure that opportunity will never come again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!