"Luck" is just an excuse for bad planning.
People have the ability to learn and adapt to the situation. We may not be able to control everything around us, but that does not mean we cannot anticipate such situations to a significant extent and be prepared for them. Even when you fail, you have to figure out what you did wrong and fix it.
I no longer see failing as a bad thing. I take it as a feedback mechanism to work on areas you're not good enough. I will recommend reading and listening to more people who failed and eventually rose up to achieve their dreams. The most important for me is to be properly equipped while always eager to take actions and execute at the same time being energetic. There's a high confidence that things can change to exactly the positive thoughts and plans I have up in my skull. At the same time, learn to handle your self with a little bit of love and grace when you face setbacks.
Right. Nobody likes being wrong. When i mess up, my first instinct is to make excuses or dig in my heels. Its uncomfortable. But how we handle our mistakes shows who we really are.
Owning a mistake does not mean you are stupid or bad at your job. It just means you didnt have all the facts, or you made a bad call. It happens.
Most people handle this in one of two extremes.:
The first is downplaying it: "Its no big deal."
The second is excessive self-criticism: "I'm so dumb."
Both are useless.
Instead, just ask yourself: "What can i learn from this?" That is a far more productive question.