|
MainIbem
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 04:40:58 PM |
|
In Sep. 2026, the crypto industry experienced 55 major hacks, resulting in total losses of $766.49 Top 10 hacks in Sep. - Bitget: $387M - LiquidNetwork: $320M (returned $285M) - MEV bot "yoink" front-run: $7.81M (returned) - Duelbits: $7M - Payment Processor V2 : $6.6M (returned $3.4M) - DCENT Wallet: $6.57M - Astroport: $4.9M - Drop: $4.4M - NostraFinance: $3.5M - Nomic nBTC Bridge: $3.15M https://x.com/PeckShieldAlert/status/2105505048377848307Happy new month everyone, Welcome to October!! We hope to see lesser incidents September has been a negative month for Bitcoin/Crypto historically we mostly witness the market being red in the month of September and according to research there's been only 4 green months in the history of September but this time around green or red trend isn't the issue but hacks on different crypto companies you could imagine how much has lost in space of one month to criminals, crypto companies need to take their security seriously.
|
|
|
|
|
SuperBitMan (OP)
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 04:42:32 PM |
|
If igebotz will give me 50 merits for it, I can compile the lists of the crypto hacks 2026.
 you are funny oo, so you can only contribute to this local board because of merit  . I thought you are one of those people that contribute genuinely to this local board why are you now asking for merit before you can help contribute positively to this local board. I posted this thread not because I want merit from anyone. Since you can’t do it for free don’t judge the one that is done for free. I’m not against criticism because it helps me to do better, but criticism should be done politely and respectfully.
|
|
|
|
Karl_3000
Full Member
 

Activity: 434
Merit: 213
I’m drunk on bitcoin
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 04:53:59 PM |
|
 you are funny oo, so you can only contribute to this local board because of merit  . I thought you are one of those people that contribute genuinely to this local board why are you now asking for merit before you can help contribute positively to this local board. I posted this thread not because I want merit from anyone. Since you can’t do it for free don’t judge the one that is done for free. I’m not against criticism because it helps me to do better, but criticism should be done politely and respectfully. Your topic is good, I reason with what Nightwatchmare said. I think he is right and you are right about this matter. I was thinking about crypto hacks in total and there are hundreds of them, but major crypto hackers that are $7 million and above are like 16 in total. If talking about the merit, I know Igebotz can not give me such merit. What happened recently when he moved my topic to off-topic should let you know that I only just post about it and not what I think would happen. If I have the time, I can look for the ones that you have not added, if I see any I will let you know about it.
|
|
|
|
KawasakiNinja1_
Member


Activity: 137
Merit: 73
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 05:30:42 PM |
|
With the $351.6 million hack from Bitget and the Duelbits Casino hack, we can see that many cryptocurrency holders have been affected. Those who unknowingly place their holdings on an exchange may not have full control over it because there are third parties controlling it. Many exchanges have been hacked in the past and millions of dollars worth of assets, including Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, have gone to the hackers. OP Check out these hacked exchanges, https://x.com/NedunckDefi/status/2104103980770934895
|
|
|
|
|
7juju
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 06:00:18 PM |
|
With the $351.6 million hack from Bitget and the Duelbits Casino hack, we can see that many cryptocurrency holders have been affected. Those who unknowingly place their holdings on an exchange may not have full control over it because there are third parties controlling it. Many exchanges have been hacked in the past and millions of dollars worth of assets, including Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, have gone to the hackers. OP Check out these hacked exchanges, https://x.com/NedunckDefi/status/2104103980770934895What should op do with the list? This is a thread that is open for everyone to drop any exchange they discovered that was hacked in the past, but the op didn’t capture it in his original post. Your post is visible for anyone to see, I don’t think there is any need to disturb the op.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mayor of ogba
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 10:49:18 PM |
|
I know you try a lot in compiling on this list, but just know that there are still more to just this few once you have mentioned regarding crypto hacks that has taken place since the beginning of this year, they are numerous and I just begin to think on whether it is possible to experience a decline in the way hacks are being taken place these days or not, honestly this is not encouraging at all because we are seeing much of these happening more than not, it is high time every user need to take extra security measures if they don't want to risk losing their asset completely.
Since centralized exchanges are mostly the victim of the crypto hacks that happened in this year, we can protect ourselves by not keeping our bitcoin, altcoins, and shitcoins on centralized exchanges, but if you have extra security measures on how we can protect ourselves from centralized exchanges hack apart from the one I mentioned you can let us know about the security measures.
|
| ..Stake.com.. | | | ▄████████████████████████████████████▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄████▄ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██████ ██ ██████████ ██ ██ ██████████ ██ ▀██▀ ██ ██ ██ ██████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██████ ██ █████ ███ ██████ ██ ████▄ ██ ██ █████ ███ ████ ████ █████ ███ ████████ ██ ████ ████ ██████████ ████ ████ ████▀ ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███ ██ ██ ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████████████████████████████████████ | | | | | | ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ █ ▄▀▄ █▀▀█▀▄▄ █ █▀█ █ ▐ ▐▌ █ ▄██▄ █ ▌ █ █ ▄██████▄ █ ▌ ▐▌ █ ██████████ █ ▐ █ █ ▐██████████▌ █ ▐ ▐▌ █ ▀▀██████▀▀ █ ▌ █ █ ▄▄▄██▄▄▄ █ ▌▐▌ █ █▐ █ █ █▐▐▌ █ █▐█ ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█ | | | | | | ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄ ▄█▀ ▐█▌ ▀█▄ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ████▄ ▄█████▄ ▄████ ████████▄███████████▄████████ ███▀ █████████████ ▀███ ██ ███████████ ██ ▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀ ▀█▄ ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄ ▄▄▄█▀ ▀███████ ███████▀ ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀ ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀ | | | ..PLAY NOW.. |
|
|
|
Agathamay
Full Member
 

Activity: 476
Merit: 180
Bitz.io Best Bitcoin and Crypto Casino
|
 |
October 01, 2026, 11:59:07 PM |
|
Coldcard hack over $116 million in Bitcoin from thousands of user addresses was lost. Read More. KelpDAO hack and they lost total of $292M. Read MoreDrift Protocol hack and they lost total of $285M. Read More. Bitget hack and they lost total of $387.5M. Read More. Bitcoin Depot hack and they lost total of $3.7M. Read More. Grinex hack and they lost total of $13–15M. Read More. Coinsbuy hack and they lost total of $8M. Read More. Duelbits hack and they lost total of $7M. Read More. The information I got said that the same day Duelbits was hacked was the same day Payy Network was hacked and $1.8 million was stolen from them and minting also lost $2.3 million in unbacked tokens on the Meter network. The Bitget hack is currently the biggest hack that has happened this year, with the way things are going more hack may happen before the end of this year. Any company that wants to avoid being hacked should quickly double their security. I think Bitget is already doing so much to recover these funds and if I'm not wrong, I think I've heard some rumors that, they have recovered over $300m of the stolen funds and if that be the case, then I'm truly happy for them which is a great show of commitment to customer welfare and I think their services including p2p would be restored fully by tomorrow 4pm UTC, so all those who where affected by this incidence can check up with the platform by tomorrow. A lot have happened in the crypto space this year and in all that have happened, there's one story to take by home, which is simply the fact that, we shouldn't jeopardize our security for any reason.
|
|
|
|
ZeroVinsonN
Sr. Member
  
Online
Activity: 644
Merit: 339
It takes a second for treasure to become trash
|
 |
October 02, 2026, 08:31:04 AM |
|
If igebotz will give me 50 merits for it, I can compile the lists of the crypto hacks 2026.
 you are funny oo, so you can only contribute to this local board because of merit  . I thought you are one of those people that contribute genuinely to this local board why are you now asking for merit before you can help contribute positively to this local board. I posted this thread not because I want merit from anyone. Since you can’t do it for free don’t judge the one that is done for free. I’m not against criticism because it helps me to do better, but criticism should be done politely and respectfully. He was obviously being sarcastic about the merit thing , but that aside if he actually made a thread that had every crypto related hack of 2026 in it then he would definitely be getting merit for it, not the 50 he mentioned but still, good work gets rewarded, good information deserves to be appreciated. I know you try a lot in compiling on this list, but just know that there are still more to just this few once you have mentioned regarding crypto hacks that has taken place since the beginning of this year, they are numerous and I just begin to think on whether it is possible to experience a decline in the way hacks are being taken place these days or not, honestly this is not encouraging at all because we are seeing much of these happening more than not, it is high time every user need to take extra security measures if they don't want to risk losing their asset completely.
Since centralized exchanges are mostly the victim of the crypto hacks that happened in this year, we can protect ourselves by not keeping our bitcoin, altcoins, and shitcoins on centralized exchanges, but if you have extra security measures on how we can protect ourselves from centralized exchanges hack apart from the one I mentioned you can let us know about the security measures. They may have been the majority but there weren't the only ones, still, it's better to hold your coin yourself than to leave it's security in the hands of another.
|
|
|
|
|
|
| R |
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄ ████████████████ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████ ████████▌███▐████ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████ ████████████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀ | LLBIT | | | 4,000+ GAMES███████████████████ ██████████▀▄▀▀▀████ ████████▀▄▀██░░░███ ██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███ ██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██ ██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██ ███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ | █████████ ▀████████ ░░▀██████ ░░░░▀████ ░░░░░░███ ▄░░░░░███ ▀█▄▄▄████ ░░▀▀█████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ | █████████ ░░░▀▀████ ██▄▄▀░███ █░░█▄░░██ ░████▀▀██ █░░█▀░░██ ██▀▀▄░███ ░░░▄▄████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ |
| | | | | | | | | ▄▄████▄▄ ▀█▀▄▀▀▄▀█▀ ▄▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄▄ ▄▄█░▄▀█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▀▄░█▄▄ ▀▄█░███▄█▄▄█▄███░█▄▀ ▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀ █░░██████░░█ █░░░░▀▀░░░░█ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ▄░█████▀▀█████░▄ ▄███████░██░███████▄ ▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀ ▀▀████████▀▀ | . ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀ ███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀ █████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀ ███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀ ████████████░███████▀▄▀ ████████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀ ████████████░▀▄▀ ████████████▄▀ ███████████▀ | ▄▄███████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄ ▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄ ▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄ ███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███ ███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███ ███░████░███▄░░░░████░███ ▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀ ▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀ ▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▀▀███████▀▀ | | OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP SOUTHAMPTON FC FAZE CLAN SSC NAPOLI |
|
|
|
|
Obim34
|
 |
October 02, 2026, 12:11:33 PM |
|
I think Bitget is already doing so much to recover these funds and if I'm not wrong, I think I've heard some rumors that, they have recovered over $300m of the stolen funds and if that be the case, then I'm truly happy for them which is a great show of commitment to customer welfare and I think their services including p2p would be restored fully by tomorrow 4pm UTC, so all those who where affected by this incidence can check up with the platform by tomorrow.
You are free to use Bitget as of now, the platform is available like they never had issues, they’ve also added huge amounts back to their reserve funds and millions of dollars are trading in the exchange. All services are functioning, that doesn’t mean to feel too comfortable, the exchange can still be hacked for any vulnerability, users needs to be smart on how they leave funds in the exchanges.
|
| | Sportsbet.io | │ |
| │ |
| │ | ████████████████████████ ██ ██████
██ ████████████████
MORE THAN A BET!
██ ████████████████
██ █████████████████████ ██ ████████ |
|
|
|
|
Somto9Light
|
 |
October 02, 2026, 02:27:32 PM |
|
I think Bitget is already doing so much to recover these funds and if I'm not wrong, I think I've heard some rumors that, they have recovered over $300m of the stolen funds and if that be the case, then I'm truly happy for them which is a great show of commitment to customer welfare and I think their services including p2p would be restored fully by tomorrow 4pm UTC, so all those who where affected by this incidence can check up with the platform by tomorrow.
A lot have happened in the crypto space this year and in all that have happened, there's one story to take by home, which is simply the fact that, we shouldn't jeopardize our security for any reason.
It is possible that Bitget must have recovered some of the funds (that's if they acted swiftly). BYBIT did recovered some of their stolen ETHs when Lazarus Group attacked the exchange so I wouldn't doubt any news of some recovery by Bitget. What the whole scenario is just teaching us is to keep our coins away from centralized exchanges because no matter the security system you used in securing your funds, if the whole exchange is attacked it will affect everyone that still has their coin inside those CEXs. Bitget is a big exchange that has stood strong for many years, they should be able to sort everything out and restore operations as though nothing happened. Since they said they restore their services today, let's see how it works out for them. It is so sad that exchange hacks are now becoming common and situations like this is also a wake-up call for those exchanges to strengthen their security system and ensure that it doesn't happen in the future because a lot od users will already get scared to use Bitget exchange now.
|
|
|
|
Agathamay
Full Member
 

Activity: 476
Merit: 180
Bitz.io Best Bitcoin and Crypto Casino
|
 |
October 02, 2026, 06:30:07 PM |
|
I think Bitget is already doing so much to recover these funds and if I'm not wrong, I think I've heard some rumors that, they have recovered over $300m of the stolen funds and if that be the case, then I'm truly happy for them which is a great show of commitment to customer welfare and I think their services including p2p would be restored fully by tomorrow 4pm UTC, so all those who where affected by this incidence can check up with the platform by tomorrow.
You are free to use Bitget as of now, the platform is available like they never had issues, they’ve also added huge amounts back to their reserve funds and millions of dollars are trading in the exchange. All services are functioning, that doesn’t mean to feel too comfortable, the exchange can still be hacked for any vulnerability, users needs to be smart on how they leave funds in the exchanges. I checked their platform and I confirm that they are back and have also restored the p2p services but I noticed that their rates went down than usual and since I have not been able to verify with other exchanges, I wouldn't be able to conclude. I think Bitget is already doing so much to recover these funds and if I'm not wrong, I think I've heard some rumors that, they have recovered over $300m of the stolen funds and if that be the case, then I'm truly happy for them which is a great show of commitment to customer welfare and I think their services including p2p would be restored fully by tomorrow 4pm UTC, so all those who where affected by this incidence can check up with the platform by tomorrow.
A lot have happened in the crypto space this year and in all that have happened, there's one story to take by home, which is simply the fact that, we shouldn't jeopardize our security for any reason.
It is possible that Bitget must have recovered some of the funds (that's if they acted swiftly). BYBIT did recovered some of their stolen ETHs when Lazarus Group attacked the exchange so I wouldn't doubt any news of some recovery by Bitget. What the whole scenario is just teaching us is to keep our coins away from centralized exchanges because no matter the security system you used in securing your funds, if the whole exchange is attacked it will affect everyone that still has their coin inside those CEXs. Bitget is a big exchange that has stood strong for many years, they should be able to sort everything out and restore operations as though nothing happened. Since they said they restore their services today, let's see how it works out for them. It is so sad that exchange hacks are now becoming common and situations like this is also a wake-up call for those exchanges to strengthen their security system and ensure that it doesn't happen in the future because a lot od users will already get scared to use Bitget exchange now. Yes, this should be a warning for us not to relay on these centralized exchanges because the money things like this occurs, everyone gets generally affected
|
|
|
|
Gragebox
Member

Online
Activity: 153
Merit: 34
|
 |
Today at 06:33:13 PM |
|
I think Bitget is already doing so much to recover these funds and if I'm not wrong, I think I've heard some rumors that, they have recovered over $300m of the stolen funds and if that be the case, then I'm truly happy for them which is a great show of commitment to customer welfare and I think their services including p2p would be restored fully by tomorrow 4pm UTC, so all those who where affected by this incidence can check up with the platform by tomorrow.
A lot have happened in the crypto space this year and in all that have happened, there's one story to take by home, which is simply the fact that, we shouldn't jeopardize our security for any reason.
It is possible that Bitget must have recovered some of the funds (that's if they acted swiftly). BYBIT did recovered some of their stolen ETHs when Lazarus Group attacked the exchange so I wouldn't doubt any news of some recovery by Bitget. What the whole scenario is just teaching us is to keep our coins away from centralized exchanges because no matter the security system you used in securing your funds, if the whole exchange is attacked it will affect everyone that still has their coin inside those CEXs. Bitget is a big exchange that has stood strong for many years, they should be able to sort everything out and restore operations as though nothing happened. Since they said they restore their services today, let's see how it works out for them. It is so sad that exchange hacks are now becoming common and situations like this is also a wake-up call for those exchanges to strengthen their security system and ensure that it doesn't happen in the future because a lot od users will already get scared to use Bitget exchange now. What do I think about exchange security? Well, in my opinion, there are two criteria - the exchange itself should be able to protect, and the user should be in control of its funds. Regardless of how great and huge the exchange is, sooner or later security issues may happen, so you should not see your exchange as a full safe for your Bitcoin. First, I want to point out that recovering the stolen money and returning the services are two separate matters. In either case, users should be informed of their respective accounts, balances and the steps that will be taken to prevent these cases from happening again. Given this, it's not necessarily a bad idea to take control of your funds since it reduces reliance on the platform. But users should always be aware of the risk of losing backup files and seed phrases. So, the key to the topic is the fact that convenience must not be a contradiction to the riskognizance of users. We should enhance the security of trading, and users only keep the money they need on the exchanges.
|
|
|
|
|
|