I completely agreed with you.. of course you are right but haven't you heard about phone gotten stolen and their money were wiped off from their account?
If your phone get stolen, people can still find it hard to just wipe away your money if you have multiple security checks activated. If you freeze the apps, they can search to locate the app and unfreeze it. People are very smart now, they can explore every means possible to succeed but having extra layer of security can delay their plan and you might be able to block their attempt in time. For banking apps, it's easy for them to reset your pin if your sim is on the same stolen phone. The best practice I always advised people is to always have a separate phone where they keep their main sim for bank and exchange registration. Exchange is even more better because they sometimes restrict transactions after pin and password reset for about 24hrs.
even as Sarz do harassed people by asking people to open their bank app to see how much in their accounts will no longer be possible as you could say you don't have any banking app on your phone. Possibly you can say you do not come out with your transaction phone.
I think this is the best scenario that this can be very useful.
Btw, where can one find this feature? I have checked through my phone but I can't see it yet. Maybe you should include where and how to set it in your op to make it easier for people to set if they're interested.