I saw a user on X complaining that Binance changed his deposit address from his original deposit address and that lead to him sending money to a different address entirely thinking it was his address. I’m assuming this could be a malware attack but why I am really surprised is that I’ve never seen Any case like this before. The user also made a Screen record of how the deposit address was changing so I wonder if he knew about this compromised and went ahead to ignore it and deliberately lost his precious $210
What’s your take on this and what kind of malware could be this ?
Here is the
link to the screen record.
Note; always reconfirm deposits address and don’t just assume you have them on your transaction history
Am just hearing about this for the first time since I have been into crypto currency, but I don't think it's possible for one's deposit address to be changed at any moment in time.
Someone's deposit address is just like a bank account number that will never change, even though the account is being in active, closed or blocked.
Am not sure if it's will be possible like the way SIM cards are being transferred to another user after some time of being in active, but seriously I think it will not be possible to change one's address.
If it's being done that way it wouldn't make any sense at all, because it involves funds and some people sometimes do save their funds for a very long time without checking their wallet at all, and if that should be the case it is likely to endanger one's finance.