Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibly buying a used Cointerra, few Q's, owners please chime in.  (Read 500 times)
googlemaster1 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:30:58 PM

Hey, so I met this guy that wants to get rid of his Cointerra.  I'm thinking of picking it up.  He is selling it for $3800 if I drive out to get it.  Seems like a legit deal.  I can come straight to his house and watch it work, and take it to my place.  Its a couple hours drive, but whatever, could be a fun day trip.

I'm interested in your guys' take on that price, and if you can speculate as to if it would break even, or if you would consider that deal even at all.  He says it hashes just under 1.7th/s, like 1690 gh/s.  My concern is the high power usage.  I have a dedicated 220 outlet to plug into, so I think It'll be a problem.  I'm just looking at ROI in terms of BTC, and I'm just really not sure.

$3800 seems like an average deal, definitely better than ebay, but i dont give two shits about ebay prices.

So guys, what should I do?  Do I even bother with it, or should I give him a counter-offer?  Do cointerras even still have a warranty?  Is there going to be any restitution for the lack of hashrate via a fix or anything for existing customers?

All feedback would be greatly apppreciated, thanks!

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

gee thats a good price. you know he bought it at $6k or $10k depends on the batch right?

googlemaster1 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:29:18 AM

Yeah, but I don't know.  I just don't see ROI with Bitcoin at this price.  I think i'm just better off buying BTC.  I bought an S2 for 5.5BTC, and the only reason I did that is because I bought 10 BTC at $430 a week earlier, so I felt like this would be a good way to spend it.

I would like to add diversity to my arsenal, and grow it ever so slightly, and this is a good deal, sure, but even still, would 8 BTC be worth 1.7TH/S?

Hmmmmm.... I kind of want to do it, aside from the couple hour drive it sounds good, but these difficulty increases are destroying me Sad

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:50:51 AM

That's a great price.  I'd buy it!  ROI, schmROI... if you have mining in your blood you wouldn't pass up that deal, lol.  But if it's your last dime, think twice.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Yeah, but I don't know.  I just don't see ROI with Bitcoin at this price.  I think i'm just better off buying BTC.  I bought an S2 for 5.5BTC, and the only reason I did that is because I bought 10 BTC at $430 a week earlier, so I felt like this would be a good way to spend it.

I would like to add diversity to my arsenal, and grow it ever so slightly, and this is a good deal, sure, but even still, would 8 BTC be worth 1.7TH/S?

Hmmmmm.... I kind of want to do it, aside from the couple hour drive it sounds good, but these difficulty increases are destroying me Sad

Then buy BTC. You know BTC is at great price right now.
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:59:40 AM

Hey, so I met this guy that wants to get rid of his Cointerra.  I'm thinking of picking it up.  He is selling it for $3800 if I drive out to get it.  Seems like a legit deal.  I can come straight to his house and watch it work, and take it to my place.  Its a couple hours drive, but whatever, could be a fun day trip.

I'm interested in your guys' take on that price, and if you can speculate as to if it would break even, or if you would consider that deal even at all.  He says it hashes just under 1.7th/s, like 1690 gh/s.  My concern is the high power usage.  I have a dedicated 220 outlet to plug into, so I think It'll be a problem.  I'm just looking at ROI in terms of BTC, and I'm just really not sure.

$3800 seems like an average deal, definitely better than ebay, but i dont give two shits about ebay prices.

So guys, what should I do?  Do I even bother with it, or should I give him a counter-offer?  Do cointerras even still have a warranty?  Is there going to be any restitution for the lack of hashrate via a fix or anything for existing customers?

All feedback would be greatly apppreciated, thanks!

seems like a pretty good deal.  theyre still retailing for $6000.  i paid more than that for some bought off a forum member in jan batch, in addition to the ones i bought directly from cointerra.

the jan, feb and march batches (and soon to be april) will all be that performance.  its possible the may batch will be 2 th/s...

there wont be any restitution other than a discount voucher off the next order for those that got the earlier batches running at 1.6-1.7th/s, but i doubt thats a transferable voucher.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: